The Politics Thread

shull

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Which is totally wrong.

Major change should depend on an overwhelmingly majority being in favour... 70% or thereabouts!

Otherwise, the discontentment and infighting continues.

If it is overwhelming and democratic... There is no argument.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

How would that work for general elections?

Which is totally wrong.

Major change should depend on an overwhelmingly majority being in favour... 70% or thereabouts!

There would always be arguments, even if just one person voted for the losing side. [emoji1787]

Would have been so different if we’d gone with the original result and we were well on our way to being an independent Nation rather than the powers at be declaring it null & void and hanging on for a replay . 

We could actually have been a relatively well off Nation by now instead of part of a bullshit so called “Union” which is currently over £2 trillion in debt and rising, governed by a corrupt Westminster old boys network .

But hey -ho , best of three it is then.   🤷‍♂️     

Let’s see what Project fear #2 looks like . 

25 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Would have been so different if we’d gone with the original result and we were well on our way to being an independent Nation rather than the powers at be declaring it null & void and hanging on for a replay . 

We could actually have been a relatively well off Nation by now instead of part of a bullshit so called “Union” which is currently over £2 trillion in debt and rising, governed by a corrupt Westminster old boys network .

:lol:

Democracy and free speech. Not a bad combination.  Self determination is surely a democratic right for any country as the “English Nationalists” showed when they voted to leave the Union that was the EU. What’s right for one country is right for the other surely when it comes to making such a choice regarding self government and which union Scotland may want to be part of, or not. 

Edited by Rascal

9 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

This article lays out the pro's and cons. 

Doesn't seem to be clear either way TBH.

I've said before when this debate was "raging" that whatever happens happens, won't bother me one way or the other, I do enjoy the angst and anger from some.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55921961

15 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Which is totally wrong.

If 53% support isn’t enough to break the union, 47% support certainly isn’t enough to retain it. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, playing with livelihoods to try to prove a point....................backfired. 

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/scotland-played-politics-pandemic-lost-202916484.html

f**k me !!  A piece by Tory / unionist puppet Alan cochrane which has a pop at devolved government 😂.  
Is this The same Alan cochrane who played his part in project fear ?  😂 

I’m sure you won’t mind if I treat his slabberings like something I had tread in.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

f**k me !!  A piece by Tory / unionist puppet Alan cochrane which has a pop at devolved government 😂.  
Is this The same Alan cochrane who played his part in project fear ?  😂 

I’m sure you won’t mind if I treat his slabberings like something I had tread in.

I don't mind at all.

I await more bitter and twisted points over the next year or so as the desperate nationalists become more rabid by the day. 😆

Just now, faraway saint said:

I don't mind at all.

I await more bitter and twisted points over the next year or so as the desperate nationalists become more rabid by the day. 😆

I don’t see how pointing out that the link you provided was from an avid unionist who was pro union and anti Indy in the 2014 referendum can be considered bitter , twisted or rabid.

Would you agree that this particular politically active “journalist” might be just a tad biased ? 🤷‍♂️

Aye, playing with livelihoods to try to prove a point....................backfired. 
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/scotland-played-politics-pandemic-lost-202916484.html
In one week, the official stance of the Scottish Government went from...

We are easing restrictions but COVID is still a real danger and people should work from home wherever possible...

Via...

We are going to look at the possibility of encouraging hybrid working and will be talking to employers....

To...

From this Monday, people should return to working from the office wherever possible!

You couldn't make it up! [emoji850]

Yet it is all science based?

Has science changed that much in just one week?

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I don’t see how pointing out that the link you provided was from an avid unionist who was pro union and anti Indy in the 2014 referendum can be considered bitter , twisted or rabid.

Would you agree that this particular politically active “journalist” might be just a tad biased ? 🤷‍♂️

I never said you and, I, clearly said, in the next year or so, 

Irrespective of the writers bias, to write off the facts is, as expected, a common tactic. 

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

In one week, the official stance of the Scottish Government went from...

We are easing restrictions but COVID is still a real danger and people should work from home wherever possible...

Via...

We are going to look at the possibility of encouraging hybrid working and will be talking to employers....

To...

From this Monday, people should return to working from the office wherever possible!

You couldn't make it up! emoji850.png

Yet it is all science based?

Has science changed that much in just one week?

Aye, science, political games more like.