The Politics Thread

shull

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, in the original article you dismissed it because of the person who wrote it, you're now dismissing the Express article because you don't believe it.

What about this, maybe the people are actors or had just used the hot air balloon that @FTOF had hired out? 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/gallery/scottish-revellers-newcastle-new-year-22615829

Focusing on one particular point when the main point, again, is the SNP were disproportionate in the latest instance with the Omicron variant, is desperate.

If you, or @FTOF are getting "off" on the numbers rather than the facts that wee NIcky fecked up, then fire in.

Just send your hilarity to the business's who were fecked over for the "flu", and wee Nicky trying, and failing, to gain political points. 

The irony is, people like you can’t even conceive that England's approach hammered business without additional support. 

‘We aren’t putting any new restrictions in’ 

‘but also don’t go out or your Christmas might be cancelled because you’ll have a big chance of getting the virus’ 

‘Also because we are saying there are no new restrictions when actually we know our message will cause millions to cancel plans & stay in, we aren’t going to give any additional support to businesses… because you know, we aren’t technically restricting you’ 

England had underhanded, restrictions by stealth.

The only time they didn’t eventually follow the other three home nations lead during the pandemic & it was these extremely underhanded tactics. 

I didn't see any numbers by any sources for people who would travel out of Scotland, and Wales, and the terms used could be seen as exaggeration, say like tsunami, so let's just leave it at that, as this is a very minor part of the original article. I DON'T believe that if one part of an article is "exaggerated" the rest has no credibility.

It's not 'exaggerated', it's a downright falsehood. Here's the article from The Scotsman, not a publication known to support independence for Scotland.

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/covid-scotland-scots-did-not-flock-to-england-for-hogmanay-amid-coronavirus-restrictions-data-shows-3519013

It wasn't hard to find.

He's either incompetent, and doesn't fact check, or he's deliberately published it anyway knowing it was false. Either way, in my book anyway, he loses all and any credibility - as does any other writer under those circumstances.

It's early days for the next attempt to leave the UK, I DO remember plenty of the bitterness and bile that was used the last time, let's sit back and see how this develops. 

There was, from loonies on both sides.

29 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The irony is, people like you can’t even conceive that England's approach hammered business without additional support. 

I think you're wrong there as recent news stories show.  They were making massive grants to firms south of the border.  Unfortunately, they were awarding them mainly to fake firms and shell companies.

8 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I think you're wrong there as recent news stories show.  They were making massive grants to firms south of the border.  Unfortunately, they were awarding them mainly to fake firms and shell companies.

Baz is right when he's referring to hospitality, travel and other such businesses.  They have largely been abandoned.

Edited by antrin

5 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Haha, aye maybe. Good news for the shell company industry I suppose. 😂

I think they did back track a little bit on support in December, initially it was use existing schemes only. Scotland has given more support than any home nation during this time. 

Edited by bazil85

49 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sue Gray report published (in part) and it is absolutely damning. Even without the Met review points redacted, can't see how any respectable, reasonable and honest person would not resign... So three+ more years of Bojo then. :whistle

& yet wankface continues to bluff & bluster . Up to now it was “wait till the report is issued “.  & right now he is standing up in Parliament and saying”wait for the Met police report” 

Guys a lying rule breaking Cnut !!!  

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

& yet wankface continues to bluff & bluster . Up to now it was “wait till the report is issued “.  & right now he is standing up in Parliament and saying”wait for the Met police report” 

Guys a lying rule breaking Cnut !!!  

.Has anyone got a backbone in that Tory Party

The damage he is doing surely there must be someone to say enough is enough

• 1 month later...