The Politics Thread

shull

28 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Love to see the half-baked rationale in that thinking!

Not just the rationale, also the definition of a "childless couple".

If a couple has one child, do the couple become a "childless couple" when that child becomes an adult?

If 2 couples (persons A and B ) and (persons C and D) both have children then split, end up with each other's ex partners (2 new couples (A and C) and (B and D)) but all the children live with one of those new couples, is the other couple now a "childless couple" even they both have children?  Or are neither of them "childless couples"?

Is a couple, where one person has children from a previous relationship who live with their ex, a childless couple if they don't have children together?

12 minutes ago, antrin said:

Great idea to encourage breeding, in order to reduce the current ravages and over-exploitation of the planet.  :unsure:

It's one of the pitfalls of the welfare state, you continually need more people paying taxes to pay for those not paying.  That includes unemployment, pensions and everything else.

18 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Not just the rationale, also the definition of a "childless couple".

If a couple has one child, do the couple become a "childless couple" when that child becomes an adult?

If 2 couples (persons A and B ) and (persons C and D) both have children then split, end up with each other's ex partners (2 new couples (A and C) and (B and D)) but all the children live with one of those new couples, is the other couple now a "childless couple" even they both have children?  Or are neither of them "childless couples"?

Is a couple, where one person has children from a previous relationship who live with their ex, a childless couple if they don't have children together?

Also, what about couples who can't have kids?  Would they need to adopt to pay less tax or would the birth parents qualify?

On 7/2/2022 at 12:30 PM, portmahomack saint said:

I was talking to a dentist this week at my work who told me everyone will be paying for private dental treatment and sooner than you think....  was telling me some of the costs on their side for equipment etc... he said your wee locally owned dentists will all soon be run by a few large companies fact he said 

Told him I needed a bit treatment myself what are some of the costs in the private sector {was meaning fillings etc}  he said you can get a full top set of implants from about £15K  :shockaroony he then said once you have implants it's even more important to look after them than your own teeth you must have a check up and hygiene appointment every 6 months at cost of.... at that point I interrupted him and said change the subject mate what team do you support 

My mate, who works in finance,  used to have a private dentist on his client list. The amount of profit that they make from dental implants is huge.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

My mate, who works in finance,  used to have a private dentist on his client list. The amount of profit that they make from dental implants is huge.

He told me working freelance in 2 practices he's quite happy making £1000 a day minimum off that he pays the practice 50% 

When I said that's a fair wad mate... £3000 a week if you work a Saturday,, is there any jobs going...  he said but off that i need to pay for all my materials and equipment etc..  I can remove teeth with a good left hook I won't need any materials  :rolleyes: 

Thank you Slarti and Wee Bud, those were helpful comments on the level of f**kwittery that our current government thinks is acceptable.
Haud oan, there are two ways to take that comment.

1. Our comments showed up the f**kwittery of their ideas, or

2. Our comments were on the same level of f**kwittety as their ideas.

[emoji1787]

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

Haud oan, there are two ways to take that comment.

1. Our comments showed up the f**kwittery of their ideas, or

2. Our comments were on the same level of f**kwittety as their ideas.

emoji1787.png

Point 1 covers it from my point of view Slarti.

Which of the other Tory tossers would want to take on the job of leading UK?

(whoever wins any election - PM or general - is up shit-creek without a paddle)

still, ta for the post, exiledfan, fair brightened up my day!  :)

Edited by antrin

2 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

the house of cards is falling

boris go now,  and don't let the door hit your arse on the way you

out.

He deserves to do some jail time for the corruption on his watch. Hopefully he goes then there is a full criminal investigation into his conduct and he goes down