The Politics Thread

shull

On 7/15/2020 at 12:04 AM, TPAFKATS said:

I think the new party is planning to stand on list only seats as they feel the voting system means that many snp list votes don't result in any msp being elected even though they get largest number of 2nd votes.

That actually is a very clever strategy providing the new party doesn't turn out to be a bunch of extremist, anti-English scumbags, the likes of which we saw at the borders last week.

That actually is a very clever strategy providing the new party doesn't turn out to be a bunch of extremist, anti-English scumbags, the likes of which we saw at the borders last week.
I'm loving the fact that Unionists are claiming this strategy is 'cheating' the system. What they actually mean is that they don't like the strategy they employed at the last election - encouraging their members to vote for the party 'best placed' to 'stop the separatists' - being turned around and used against them.

I'm loving the fact that Unionists are claiming this strategy is 'cheating' the system. What they actually mean is that they don't like the strategy they employed at the last election - encouraging their members to vote for the party 'best placed' to 'stop the separatists' - being turned around and used against them.
Can't think of anything better than to be able to vote for two Scottish National Parties. [emoji1022]󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿[emoji1022]󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I'm happy just sitting here outside in the rain waiting on the licensed premises to open shortly.

Do I order 2 or 3 peroni's cause I know the first bottle isn't going to touch the sides but not sure about the second. [emoji16]

On 7/17/2020 at 12:59 PM, Mykey said:

Surely you could have voted SNP in the candidate vote and Green in the list and achieved the same result.

Always been my vote and it will until there's a second referendum. After that (regardless of outcome) it'll be Green/ Green. 

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Aye.

Morality and compassion. 

Yeuch!   How dreadful!!!

You also forgot smug antrin.

Smug bastards over everything from cycling to veganism.

Apparently only THEY live the one pure and true life and the rest of us are viewed with pity and scorn.

Oh and the endless virtue signalling.

Get them and their sanctimonious pish into the sea.

I haven't even started with their ludicrous tax policy of taking 60% of the earnings of the most successful people.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS

It's amazing how those highly taxed Scandinavian countries continue to be the happiest most content places to live.
I'm sure they still have torn faced gammons moaning about it though.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Apparently only THEY live the one pure and true life and the rest of us are viewed with pity and scorn.

I haven't even started with their ludicrous tax policy of taking 60% of the earnings of the most successful people.

Oh dear. 

14 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's amazing how those highly taxed Scandinavian countries continue to be the happiest most content places to live.
I'm sure they still have torn faced gammons moaning about it though.

The cost of living is quite a bit higher in Scandinavia than here.

Have a look at food prices.

Wherever you have higher income you'll have higher prices to go with it.

These are also much more conformist societies than we have in the UK.

Sweden, Norway, take your pick.

There are no free lunches out there I'm afraid.

Edited by oaksoft

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I've honestly never got 'smug' from the Green Party.  

Nor do I think they are virtue signalling  - just simply and plainly pointing out what might be a more ethical and practical way for us to inhabit the Earth.

I think where you NEED to start your re-education is working out the real meaning of "success".  :P

You'd do well in the Greens.    The drum that they most consistently beat has a rhythm pointing out there are no free lunches out there.

Screwing the planet has repercussions.

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Nor do I think they are virtue signalling  - just simply and plainly pointing out what might be a more ethical and practical way for us to inhabit the Earth.

I think where you NEED to start your re-education is working out the real meaning of "success".  :P

You'd do well in the Greens.    The drum that they most consistently beat has a rhythm pointing out there are no free lunches out there.

Smug...?,,,,,,, Has Oaky been looking at himself in the mirror again? Cut it out before you develop another complex. 

59 minutes ago, antrin said:

I would do terribly in ANY political party.

Group-think is not my cup of tea.

I'm much happier playing on my own. :D

Don't get my wrong BTW, I support many of their policies.

It's the moral preaching which puts me off.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wow, would never have guessed that. :wink:

People used to attempt to make me work in teams when I was an employee.

I think you can predict the results. :D

People are either too slow for me and I get frustrated or people are too fast for me and I get frustrated. Either way, it was a nightmare.

That is just one reason I left employment years ago. Even if I wanted to return, I'm unemployable now.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

People used to attempt to make me work in teams when I was an employee.

I think you can predict the results. :D

People are either too slow for me and I get frustrated or people are too fast for me and I get frustrated. Either way, it was a nightmare.

That is just one reason I left employment years ago. Even if I wanted to return, I'm unemployable now.

:lol:

The first two lines were enough. 

I'd guessed the rest some years ago. :wink:

Guest TPAFKATS
The cost of living is quite a bit higher in Scandinavia than here.
Have a look at food prices.
Wherever you have higher income you'll have higher prices to go with it.
These are also much more conformist societies than we have in the UK.
Sweden, Norway, take your pick.
There are no free lunches out there I'm afraid.
I'm perfectly aware of cost of living being higher along with wages. You were talking about taxation though.

Either way, citizens of these countries are happy to pay higher taxes in return for the societal benefits.

Nicola Sturgeon: "I would say that the Scottish independence movement, and the kind of values I and my party stand for, I do not think could be further removed from the kind of values that Vladimir Putin and the Russian regime stand for."

Did she run that by sleazy Russia Today presenter Alex Salmond? 

Edited by Sue Denim