The Politics Thread

shull

39 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

BBC News - Nicola Sturgeon cleared of breaching ministerial code over Alex Salmond saga
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-56482878

Yoon implosions imminent. emoji1787.png

Good. And with a bit of luck we'll have heard the end of that sleazy bastard Salmond and all those who supported him.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:07 PM, faraway saint said:

Nicola Sturgeon has been found to have misled the Scottish Parliament around the Alex Salmond affair, Holyrood’s harassment complaints committee has found.

Specifically, it is reported that Ms Sturgeon did offer to intervene in the harassment complaints process, something she repeated denied in both her written and oral evidence.

The Scottish Government’s ministerial code states that a minister who “knowingly” misleads the Scottish Parliament is expected to offer their resignation.

NOT GUILTY

ruth davidson GIF by The SNP

Whatever you think of the SNP, today they deserve a massive round of congratulations having achieved 97% of electricity generated in the country coming from renewable sources.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56530424

The target of 100% was one of the most ambitious in the world and apart from a couple of percent, they've achieved what they set out to achieve.

Maybe now the "whit happens when it's no a windae day?" brigade can fade into the background.

Whatever you think of the SNP, today they deserve a massive round of congratulations having achieved 97% of electricity generated in the country coming from renewable sources.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56530424
The target of 100% was one of the most ambitious in the world and apart from a couple of percent, they've achieved what they set out to achieve.
Maybe now the "whit happens when it's no a windae day?" brigade can fade into the background.
It was 97% of the amount used in Scotland, not 97% of electricity generated. A lot more will need to be generated in the future to keep at, or exceed, that level once more electric heating and electric cars appear. Still some achievement, though.

Oh dear, independence..............................:byebye

Former Scottish first minster Alex Salmond is launching a new political party to contest crucial upcoming elections for the parliament in Edinburgh, saying he wants to build a “supermajority” for independence.

Alex Salmond's 'popularity increasing' as former Scottish First Minister launches party

Edited by faraway saint

Former Scottish first minster Alex Salmond is launching a new political party to contest crucial upcoming elections for the parliament in Edinburgh, saying he wants to build a “supermajority” for independence.
Hillarious!

At one time, he was adulated and could do no wrong.

I was at that time castigated for not trusting him! [emoji850][emoji26]

The very people who rounded on me are now rounding on him!

(Rightly so at last imo)

Still.... It's not as if his "bestie" (her words) learned anything from him! [emoji850]

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Alex Salmond's 'popularity increasing' as former Scottish First Minister launches party

Only standing candidates on the Regional Lists where the SNP only gained 4 seats last time round, more likely to hurt the Greens.

Doesn't affect me I'll be voting SNP/Green again.

He has a point that tactical voting for a second Independence party could increase the pro-Independence majority at Holyrood but I couldn't stomach voting for a party led by Salmond given what he's done over the last 12 months.

If he had acknowledged his past behaviour had been inappropriate then maybe, if he can't acknowledge (nevermind apologize) because it might leave him open to further legal action then all the more reason for him to stay the hell out of Dodge.

Interesting to see estimates that between 5-7% of the Regional List vote might win the new party seats at Holyrood.

FFS - It appears Joanna Cherry has defected to Alba - Long live Boris King of the World,,,

Edited by Bud the Baker

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Tell ye what FS, when I have my own company and I’m recruiting for the post of “Head of people who say they don’t give a shit, but act like they give plenty of shits”, I will hastily be seeking your CV 😆

I just enjoy the angst, I'm a peoples person, always interests me. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I do like a good laugh. :lol:

On 3/22/2021 at 5:46 PM, oaksoft said:

Good. And with a bit of luck we'll have heard the end of that sleazy bastard Salmond and all those who supported him.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Spoke to soon Oaksoft.  Mind you, having met the man I tend to agree with you.

Edited by rabuddies
Forgot to say "welcome back the Tartan Tories".

Hillarious!

I was at that time castigated for not trusting him! [emoji850][emoji26]

(Rightly so at last imo)

Still.... It's not as if his "bestie" (her words) learned anything from him! [emoji850]

You are correct regarding how he was thought of by many including myself.

I wouldn't vote for or endorse him now for what he admitted to, even if it meant missing out in getting a majority.

As you've inserted [emoji850] Are you saying that Nicola Sturgeon has learned how to act in an inappropriate way to anyone. If you know something then by not acting then you could be putting someone else in danger.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Hillarious!

I was at that time castigated for not trusting him! emoji850.pngemoji26.png

(Rightly so at last imo)

Still.... It's not as if his "bestie" (her words) learned anything from him! emoji850.png

As a politician, Salmond ran rings round the UK government, resulting in the huge shift towards SNP support and independence over the past years.

He'll always have my respect for that.

However, he's always struck me as being rather supercilious, with a huge ego.

Events over the past year have shown him for what he truly is, and rightly so, he has become reviled by most decent minded individuals.

His behaviour has been reprehensible and quite why anyone would vote for him is rather baffling.

Like BTB it will be SNP/Greens for me.

On 3/22/2021 at 5:46 PM, oaksoft said:

And what about the sleazy female replacement and all those who supporter her, I have to say she is the poorest apology for a politician that I have ever laid my eyes on and that says a lot.  There are  quite a few decent and honest politicians in Scotland but I would not count her among them.