The Politics Thread

shull

Dear oh dear Mr Bundy. Did you engage your brain before reposting any of Stewart Campbell cultish shite. For example in each one of those projects you mention, Scotlands got back MORE than it spent thanks to the consequentials in the Barnett Formula. And of course the rUK has contributed significantly to projects like the M74 extension, the M8 extention, the M9 spur link, the new Forth Road bridge, the upgrade at the Raithy Interchange, the Borders railway, and the upgrade of Queen Street Station as well as the huge sums of money wasted on unused cycle lanes in Scotland amongst many other projects. It also has and continues to contribute to the cost of many of the new schools the SNP like to take credit for and it makes a huge contribution to the cost of running the police, the NHS and the Scottish Education System, each of which the SNP have systematically destroyed with its mismanagement.

The fact that Scotland can spend £15Bn more than it raises is obvious testimony to the huge contribution the rUK makes to Scotland. None of your bulls hit details how an independent Scotland would replace all that money.

Fatty still quoting GERS. He had his arse handed to him on a plate before on this. 1. Ian Lang deliberately concocted this nonsense in a bid to undermine devolution. That really worked didnt it. 2. Scotland only receives 2 per cent of the overall oil tax take. Plus the figures don't include its exports which are passing via English ports as well. Ergo, Scotland cant spend more than it receives from London.

Then again Stuart, like any other thick Yoon, will believe anything handed to him from Hague, Alan Cochrane and his ilk.

Fatty still quoting GERS. He had his arse handed to him on a plate before on this. 1. Ian Lang deliberately concocted this nonsense in a bid to undermine devolution. That really worked didnt it. 2. Scotland only receives 2 per cent of the overall oil tax take. Plus the figures don't include its exports which are passing via English ports as well. Ergo, Scotland cant spend more than it receives from London.

Then again Stuart, like any other thick Yoon, will believe anything handed to him from Hague, Alan Cochrane and his ilk.

So show me your figures Zippy. How do you reckon the Scottish Government can replace the money from the Barnett Formula to allow the Scottish Parliament spending to continue at its current rate.

Don't spare the detail mind. I'm expecting as convincing a case as was laid out in the original article

Guest TPAFKATS
Dear oh dear Mr Bundy. Did you engage your brain before reposting any of Stewart Campbell cultish shite. For example in each one of those projects you mention, Scotlands got back MORE than it spent thanks to the consequentials in the Barnett Formula. And of course the rUK has contributed significantly to projects like the M74 extension, the M8 extention, the M9 spur link, the new Forth Road bridge, the upgrade at the Raithy Interchange, the Borders railway, and the upgrade of Queen Street Station as well as the huge sums of money wasted on unused cycle lanes in Scotland amongst many other projects. It also has and continues to contribute to the cost of many of the new schools the SNP like to take credit for and it makes a huge contribution to the cost of running the police, the NHS and the Scottish Education System, each of which the SNP have systematically destroyed with its mismanagement.

The fact that Scotland can spend £15Bn more than it raises is obvious testimony to the huge contribution the rUK makes to Scotland. None of your bulls hit details how an independent Scotland would replace all that money.

Apologies for quoting the trolling liar, but can anyone provide figures for these Scottish Government projects that he claims UK gov contributed to?

8 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

So show me your figures Zippy. How do you reckon the Scottish Government can replace the money from the Barnett Formula to allow the Scottish Parliament spending to continue at its current rate.

Don't spare the detail mind. I'm expecting as convincing a case as was laid out in the original article

Don't bother Zippy.  The man is obsessed beyond all reason.  

One life lesson I learned many, many years ago is that one should not try and reason with the unreasonable but rather ignore the unreasonable as one has no reason to be reasonable with the unreasonable.

You might want to mention the complete clusterf**k that was Labour PFI projects that account for 1bn quid that went down the gurgler....

I didn't agree with PFI and i didn't vote for the Labour Party. However that £1bn per year cost is on the accounts now. How do the SNP propose to pay for it when the block grant through the Barnett Formula ends?

Nicola Sturgeon herself opened Scotlands latest PFI project at the City Of Glasgow College. She was happy to extol the virtues of a College that would host up to 10000 students per year.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/dec/15/scotland-pfi-boom-public-spending-holyrood-snp

Like I said, go and look at the thread I mentioned above.

If you can read, that is.

I've read the thread Zippy. I can't see any detail on where the extra money will come from that hasn't been discredited by people will far greater economic credentials than me.

The problem the Natsi has is without economic credibility that shows Scotland would definitely be better off outside the political union your case is redundant, just as it was in 2014. Only now we can all see the SNP oil figures for the laughable mess they are.

2 hours ago, The Real Zippy said:

Thats because you can't read.

No. I read it. Every single one of the claims made on there have been debunked, easily. 

Go on Zippy, lay out your financial plans to raise an extra £15Bn per annum to help cover Scotlands current rate of spending. I won't even ask you to cost out the additional pledges that the SNP have made. I'll keep it simple for you. All you've got to do is find £15Bn per annum. Convince me of your case and I might even vote for independence. :rolleyes: 

4 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

No. I read it. Every single one of the claims made on there have been debunked, easily. 

Go on Zippy, lay out your financial plans to raise an extra £15Bn per annum to help cover Scotlands current rate of spending. I won't even ask you to cost out the additional pledges that the SNP have made. I'll keep it simple for you. All you've got to do is find £15Bn per annum. Convince me of your case and I might even vote for independence. :rolleyes: 

Try this for size Stuart. How is the UK deficit being addressed?

No. I read it. :

In the same way as you read the article on tagging you quoted that had an inmate detailing how tagging let him stay at home and commit crimes? Because no-one else could read that, it was only in your head. Why would we believe anything you write?

Who said this, then?

"You don’t get a referendum for free, you have to earn it. So if the Greens and the SNP – and the SSP or any of the other parties who’ve declared an interest in independence – get over the line and can make a coalition, make a majority, get the votes in the Parliament, then they’ll vote through a referendum, and that’s what democracy’s all about… it’s perfectly simple”

Here's a couple of clues; it was on election night 2011; it was a gay pro-unionist party leader; said party currently has the 2nd largest number of seats at Holyrood (I was going to say "Scottish seats at WM" but that doesn't help, they all got 1 each - count them, 3 in total).

So that's a no to being able to cost out a reasonable case for independence then? Am I going to be better off an in independence Scotland, or will the Scottish Government struggle to replace the £15Bn more that it currently spends than it can raise? 

It's the single most important issue in any independence referendum. Yet still - 2 years on from the last farce laid out in the SNP White Paper - it appears the Natsi's still haven't managed to work out anything credible.

Simple question, right at the end -

In the same way as you read the article on tagging you quoted that had an inmate detailing how tagging let him stay at home and commit crimes? Because no-one else could read that, it was only in your head. Why would we believe anything you write?

And the "answer" -

So that's a no to being able to cost out a reasonable case for independence then? Am I going to be better off an in independence Scotland, or will the Scottish Government struggle to replace the £15Bn more that it currently spends than it can raise? 

It's the single most important issue in any independence referendum. Yet still - 2 years on from the last farce laid out in the SNP White Paper - it appears the Natsi's still haven't managed to work out anything credible.

"If I ignore it maybe it didn't happen" type post imo...