The Politics Thread

shull

BJ rejecting IndyRef2 as expected, tactically I believe this is good news for the Independence movement as I fell it will sway No voters who acknowledge the right to self-determination to supporting independence itself. On the broad front Scottish Labour are now certainly IndyCurious and although high profile Scottish Lib-Dems like Rennie and Swinson are firmly against independence I find it hard to believe this is a view held universally at grass roots level. The challenge now is to isolate the Tories as the only party up here defending the Union, even their previous Scottish Leader Ruth Davidson acknowledged that the party was too LondonCentic.

I firmly believe momentum is in our direction and that if BJ & the Tories were confident about winning they'd be holding a second independence referendum sooner rather than later - Free by 23!

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

That wasn't the point I was making, it was you singling out the SNP. 

Well aw my potholes are in Glasgow where I drive. 

Do you want me to contact councillors in Northern Ireland or Wales for some Tarmacadam ? 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

No but again, not the point I was making. 

Nobody gets any fecking point you try to make ye boring turd. 

Brill, just got a hire. 

Cheeriotaefeck Bazzzzzzzzzzy

No way I am doing a 10 pager with this fecking clown 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

Nobody gets any fecking point you try to make ye boring turd. 

Brill, just got a hire. 

Cheeriotaefeck Bazzzzzzzzzzy

No way I am doing a 10 pager with this fecking clown 

If you don’t understand, it’s down to you not understanding what is a pretty simple point. You had a go at the SNP as if it is something specific to them and something they can so easily fix in isolation. The reality is, that’s not true and the situation with British roads is… Well British wide.

Maybe you do get that and you are just getting a bit upset and lashing out at people pointing out your mistake? Fine.

No one is making anyone do a “10 pager” with me, some people want to. Absolutely their/ my choice, people are free to just ignore.

Jings, another hire. 

They just keep on coming today. 

Thank feck. 

Imagine getting stuck in a rut on this thread with a boring thicko. 

Need to be extra vigilant for potholes as it is now very dark in SNP Run Weegieland. 

Tosser. 

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

BJ rejecting IndyRef2 as expected, tactically I believe this is good news for the Independence movement as I fell it will sway No voters who acknowledge the right to self-determination to supporting independence itself. On the broad front Scottish Labour are now certainly IndyCurious and although high profile Scottish Lib-Dems like Rennie and Swinson are firmly against independence I find it hard to believe this is a view held universally at grass roots level. The challenge now is to isolate the Tories as the only party up here defending the Union, even their previous Scottish Leader Ruth Davidson acknowledged that the party was too LondonCentic.

I firmly believe momentum is in our direction and that if BJ & the Tories were confident about winning they'd be holding a second independence referendum sooner rather than later - Free by 23!

BJ’s actions here are completely undemocratic, and that only benefits the cause in the long term. 

Considering some Leave voters called the EU “undemocratic” and a “dictatorship”, it’s highly ironic that the only one who’s dictating is the English Prime Minister. BJ had just created the perfect argument to remain in the EU and leave the UK here.

50 minutes ago, delpierro said:

Think of all potholes we coud fill in emoji848.png20200114_193952.jpeg

That looks fantastic. I would love to go.

Just checked my finances,

Paid all my household and business bills, including my Council Tax and Road Tax ( So the Potholes should be taken care of by my local SNP Council )

And I have money to spare to attend this wonderful Brexit celebration.

Thanks for letting me know, Willie Wallace.

Never Surrender

FREEDOM !!!!!

That looks fantastic. I would love to go.
Just checked my finances,
Paid all my household and business bills, including my Council Tax and Road Tax ( So the Potholes should be taken care of by my local SNP Council )
And I have money to spare to attend this wonderful Brexit celebration.
Thanks for letting me know, Willie Wallace.
Never Surrender
FREEDOM !!!!!
Blood pressure......

On 1/13/2020 at 9:21 PM, theknickerwetter said:

Ian Blandford  throws the teddy oot the pram again

Like I have mentioned several times previously it was NEVER going to happen, like it or not ( many do NOT like it I am aware) but Scotland IS part of the UK and an independence vote was sanctioned  ( a once in a lifetime 'supposedly' vote) the free Scotland camp lost............end of ......move on.

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

There was similar claims a few years ago, you could be wrong. 

What then? 

The SNP need to stop wittering on about Indyref2 having to happen right now, drop the grievance politics and demonstrate that they have listened to and accepted the 2014 result before voters start switching off.

They then need to lay out the case for Indyref2 towards the end of this decade at least to show they've at least made an attempt at waiting a generation. They need to let Brexit bed in and work towards building the polls in their favour whilst continuing to return solid election wins.

The power to call Indyref2 should have been handed over already but it's been mixed up with actually using that power immediately and also the very real prospect of neverendums.

The ongoing dispute over the brexit issue won't go away just because those disposed towards a union wish it to do so. The fact remains that the point was made repeatedly by David Cameron and others that the way to ensure Scotland stayed in Europe was to vote no. That and s vow to delegate greater powers and, so we were told the right of self determination subject only to consultation. The Sottish Government maintained that this amounted to a power of veto but these claims were said to be false.. Time and events have clearly shown that remaining in the union has not safeguarded the Scottish People's clear will to remain in Europe and that Westminster sees a veto where they previously maintained there was none.. Disingenuous to say the least.  

Before Unionists jump on me, I am not sure how I would vote in an Independence Referendum but would definitely like to see a more federal system in place. 

16 hours ago, shull said:

Jings, another hire. 

They just keep on coming today. 

Thank feck. 

Imagine getting stuck in a rut on this thread with a boring thicko. 

Need to be extra vigilant for potholes as it is now very dark in SNP Run Weegieland. 

Tosser. 

This us on our way with our 10 pager... Shull hurting after being called out on his hypocritical comments.