The Politics Thread

shull

25 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
52 minutes ago, jaybee said:
Really! then please tell me where the exaggerations are in my post? or do you actually understand the meaning of hyperbolic?

The whole post is deliberately exaggerating Scottish independence.
The reference to becoming the whipped dog in a failed regime is nonsense along with the gold fish tea cup analogy.

How can I possibly exaggerate something that as yet hasn't happened and is indeed unlikely to happen, any ideas or concepts of how it might work are hypothetical and subjective in the extreme. 

The whipped dog analogy seems to fit very closely with how BIG BAD ENGERLAND is treating poor wee Scotland, and whether or not you agree is irrelevant  as I believe it is as valid as is the failed reime comment, by which of course I refer to European dis-union and it's ongoing internal troubles. 

As for my analogy of the goldfish in a teacup, so you don't like it and you don't agree it's a valid analogy, not a problem you may think what you will, it doesn't lesson the point I make in using it.

5 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I would fully support a publicly funded campaign to invest in weather manipulation technology (HAARP) to divert the jet stream further north towards Scotland

Make Saltcoats Great Again 

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Saltcoats in the sun. 

A dream 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51347881

Dry hot summers forecast for the future.

12 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
That much you might droon. emoji38.png

Gave myself a fright the other week when I was sick in my sleep. So might just slightly over do the moderation of consumption.

I'm sure AA have a local meeting you can attend. 

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

How can you 100% agree, you don't even know if he has a car?

Still can't see how a mechanic would help.

If he didn't have one then there couldn't be anything wrong with it. 

Are you using mechanic in the sense of a motor mechanic? 

For a moment I thought you might have meant a hit man. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Guest TPAFKATS
My, now deceased, mother in law blamed the 'bad' lemonade in her whisky and lemonade. 
Must've been 'diet' lemonade
See that's where she was going wrong, if she had only drunk whisky she'd have been fine.

Now you mention it, my dad put lemonade in his whisky and he's deed too. [emoji54]

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

and the poison dwarf to say otherwise

Will she be using our tax money for this?

Somehow I can’t see the Clown dictatorship allowing her to equally use £5m of the taxpayer’s money for her own campaign.

Like i have said previously, I am not a fan of Boris, However he has delivered on what the majority of the UK population voted for re Brexit, all the poison dwarf has done is to wind up the nationalist side of the Scots to aspire for something that she can'r deliver, which suits her down to the ground because then it's all about BIG BAD BORIS and BIG BAD ENGERLAND and not about the fact her policies are divisive in the extreme and very unlikely to help Scotland in a fight they are very unlikely to win.