The Politics Thread

shull

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

No true Scot would have made this classic mistake antrin. 😛

“Mistake”.

The only mistake I ever make on here is trying to discuss openly and honestly with other Buddies.

it would have been wittier and more clever if the suggested passport had said Moscow or even Abyssinia.  I did know of a Blackburn, but none of this typically “Ah, but...” distraction detracts from the undeniable moral and logical thrust of my argument.

:)

9 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Ah, but ... emoji38.png

What if the person that was born in Paisley didn't have a drop of "Scottish blood" in them, was taken to live outside Scotland almost immediately after birth and has never returned but the person born outwith Scotland had 100% "Scottish blood", was brought to live in Scotland almost immediately after birth and has never left Scotland since then? Would a passport saying "Paisley" or "London" (obviously not using Blackburn as an example :) ) as place of birth be the right way to decide who was eligible to vote?

Just asking.

Ok.

i should just have said, ID.

9 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Pointing out why something isn't feasible, now known as "Ah, but"

No.

Only intransigence turns to “ah, but... “ when presented with alternatives

there are no infeasible hurdles created by humans.

all things are feasible.

You know better than to continue to “Ah, but...”.  :lol:

Any governmental or commercial enterprise in the UK has online access to a shoal of info about each and everyone of us.

show them your bus pass, NHS card, driving licence, Waitrose loyalty card, bingo membership...   it can then go online to find out ALL “relevant” aspects of a person to slide under the ever-more-demanding “Ah, but...” hurdles.

You can rest your case in the cleft of Donald Trump’s buttocks for all I care.  :P

Guest TPAFKATS
“Mistake”.
The only mistake I ever make on here is trying to discuss openly and honestly with other Buddies.
it would have been wittier and more clever if the suggested passport had said Moscow or even Abyssinia.  I did know of a Blackburn, but none of this typically “Ah, but...” distraction detracts from the undeniable moral and logical thrust of my argument.

[emoji4]

Well, (or ah, but) I chose Blackburn as I know there is one in Scotland and another elsewhere in UK. Moscow not so sure...

Guest TPAFKATS
No.
Only intransigence turns to “ah, but... “ when presented with alternatives
there are no infeasible hurdles created by humans.
all things are feasible.
this is going be used a lot [emoji23]

10 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
Well, (or ah, but) I chose Blackburn as I know there is one in Scotland and another elsewhere in UK. Moscow not so sure...
7 minutes ago, antrin said:

Moscow’s no far away - in Ayrshire.

Abyssinia is in Argyll.

I thought that would be common “Scottish” knowledge...   :rolleyes:

Edited by antrin

Guest TPAFKATS
I thought that would be common “Scottish” knowledge...   :rolleyes:

Yeah, (or ah, but) you seem to have missed the important part in my reply about choosing an example that's elsewhere in UK. I know Moscow is in Ayrshire, I'm don't think there's a Moscow in England, Wales or Northern Ireland [emoji6]

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yeah, (or ah, but) you seem to have missed the important part in my reply about choosing an example that's elsewhere in UK. I know Moscow is in Ayrshire, I'm don't think there's a Moscow in England, Wales or Northern Ireland emoji6.png

I refer the honourable gentleman to the fulsome reply I gave earlier...

"none of this typically “Ah, but...” distraction detracts from the undeniable moral and logical thrust of my argument."

4 hours ago, antrin said:

“Mistake”.

:)

Ach I was only pulling your leg. The new smiley things are not very good....

10 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Just had a look for it there, was just up the road from where I thought it was.

Were we talking about the same place.

Screenshot_20200305-225359_Chrome.jpeg

That’s it. Handy for some Munros  and Corbetts.  A ruin (once a farmstead) that I’ve camped beside...  a couple of times.

now, roofed etc by the MBA.

Guest TPAFKATS
It is written in law with QE2 as its head of state as........

The UK is a union of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

When you wrote wise one, I just presumed it was myself you were referring to. [emoji6]
Certainly wasn't Andy the knob

It is written in law with QE2 as its head of state as........

The UK is a union of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

When you wrote wise one, I just presumed it was myself you were referring to. [emoji6]

Naw, everyone knows you’re thick as fuck

You and TPAFTWAT certainly provide a quality comedy double act of complete stupidity!

Guest TPAFKATS

Awwwww, you feeling lonely this morning.

Poor #thichasfcuk all by yourself.

Give this number a call 116123 they might be able to help you and there is no charge for the help.
He's absolutely desperate for any attention [emoji1787]