The Politics Thread

shull

On 7/22/2020 at 7:15 PM, Sue Denim said:

On the 8th July, Sturgeon excludes Spain from the air bridge when the case rate in Spain was 383.

An air bridge with Spain is allowed on 20th July when the case rate is 1527.

You couldn’t make it up.

Clueless 

Nicola’s 6 day air bridge has gone well 😂

As I said, clueless! 😂

Edited by Sue Denim

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 6:25 PM, antrin said:

Thing is...

….whilst I am ever more leaning towards the idea that Scotland should gtf  out of the relationship, and I do understand your pain and frustration - my votes have seldom mattered at all in my life -  the reality keeps intruding.

London is NOT going to go away.   Capitalism is not going to stop at the border.  London may well be a problem wrt the rest of the UK, but you'll never be able to ignore its ramifications by simply hoping for the best.

@georgegalloway says any vote on #independence should be decided by ALL Scots - and @michaelgove seems to agree... Do you?

You, Gorgeous George & Govey - who else will you be inviting to your candlelit soiree? 🕯️

@georgegalloway says any vote on #independence should be decided by ALL Scots - and @michaelgove seems to agree... Do you?

You, Gorgeous George & Govey - who else will you be inviting to your candlelit soiree? [emoji2732]
George "if you ever see me standing on a platform under a Union Jack beside a Tory just shoot me" Galloway? That George Galloway?

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

You, Gorgeous George & Govey - who else will you be inviting to your candlelit soiree? 🕯️

Other than the fact that including ALL Scots is more likely to help their side, have they given any justification for that stance?

I can't see any case for allowing anyone other than those who choose to live and work in Scotland being given the right to decide her future. You can't allow people a vote when they have no skin in the game IMO.

antrin may well bang the drum on this but honestly I can't see any justification in him getting a say in our country's future.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS

Saw this on twitter a couple of days ago, at least.
Quickly lost interest in it being a debateable subject about freedom of expression, when I scrolled through the rabid, vitriolic, onine natsi responses.

Natsi
Yeah they are the rabid, vitriolic ones
Sigh...

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Quickly lost interest in it being a debateable subject about freedom of expression, when I scrolled through the rabid, vitriolic, onine natsi responses.

Pretty obvious the abuse was in both directions - you don't get any more rabid & vitriolic than "natsi".

Do you get FMQs in London, it was a hoot today with Oor Nicola wiping the floor with Rychyrd Lynyrd & Colonel Ruth.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Funny how anything that people don't like can't be true. :lol:

The numerous revisions to the governments Covid death totals this year have obviously taught you nothing! :lol:

The SNP have never accepted a number of the assumptions the Westminster government routinely makes make and have always produced different figures based on different assumptions as Oor Nicola once again told Rychyrd Lynyrd at today's FMQs. :byebye

The only solution is a dual to the death between our experts and theirs! :fire2

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think you're perfectly entitled to express your views on indy, for or against, and no-one should say otherwise, they're completely wrong if they do.

I've also said this before and I'll also say it again, you're not entitled to a vote unless you're registered to vote in Scotland.

Something else I've said before, where's Dick Chinnery when we need him? "...onine..."? Really?

[emoji846]

10 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Personally I don't give a feck, I just dropped this in to see the usual scrabbling about from the kilt wearers. 😂😂😂

Economics is not a "hard science" and the assumptions made by both sides will only ever be tested if&when independence happens - until then you will just have to continue with your usual trick when the weakness of your argument is exposed and feign indifference.

FWIW I was born in England and have no intention of ever wearing the "short kilt" which was popularised by Sir Walter Scott in order to suck up to the royal family back in the day. I probably have more contempt for tartan wearing nationalists than you.

Edited by Bud the Baker

33 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

You over estimate my "trick" and supposes weakness in my argument as I can't be arsed "arguing" over something that I have very little control over.

My approach is I make my vote and whatever the democratic result is I get on with life.

I don't spend years and years whining about it. :byebye

I'm guessing 50,000 posts over your various aliases - pull the other one it's got a smilie on it.....

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

The numerous revisions to the governments Covid death totals this year have obviously taught you nothing! :lol:

The SNP have never accepted a number of the assumptions the Westminster government routinely makes make and have always produced different figures based on different assumptions as Oor Nicola once again told Rychyrd Lynyrd at today's FMQs. :byebye

The only solution is a duEl to the death between our experts and theirs! :fire2