The Politics Thread

shull

Just now, Long John Baldy said:

68% :lol:

Where is this poll, The SNP Weekly? :lol:

The Herald, think it’s open until the 20th September for votes. I know it’s not a proper poll but if it’s a reflection of how readers are feeling then labour and the conservatives in Scotland will be wiped out in the 2021 election 

2 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Six years ago today I made my vote, went home and had a nice sleep.

Woke up the next day and the anger and angst was very sweet. 

Quite a magical day or two. 

Strangely enough the quote I remember from the next morning was Nigel Farage saying we'd had our chance and now it was time to accept Westminster rule.

False assurances and broken promises, as the Klingon's say "jIHVaD wa' tlhInganpu'. HISlaH, jIHvaD pumqu' 'e' vIHar."

Yeah; like you can walk away from an argument!

Inside The Nba Laughing GIF by NBA on TNT - Find & Share on GIPHY

My arguments are that the No campaign made false assurances that the only way Scotland could stay in the EU was to vote No, has reneged on promises respect Scotland's views at UK level and to deliver Devo Max - quite the opposite in fact with Tory MPs howling at routinely shouting down SNP leader Ian Blackwell at PMQs and the governments plan to make a power grab for powers returning from Brussels post-Brexit.

2014 is the past, I'm more interested in 2021, if the SNP win a majority at Holyrood next May it should be a mandate for a second Independence referendum. If that happens it'll be a win-win situation for the SNP as I believe we'll win a second referendum and if BJ denies us one it'll only push more people into the yes camp.

Do you have any argument beyond gloating. smilies and gifs - which by coincidence is the name of the my Earth, Wind & Fire tribute band  

hqdefault.jpg

30 minutes ago, D.F.Riley said:

Strange post.

No comment about what is relevant.

Typical response from a  self proclaimed.lefty who wants to shut down free speech.

Anybody with a differing opinion is a racist.  :lol:

Look at the state of Munoz tonight, and you.

Nope , just want to shut down hate speech not free speech. I never called you a racist Shull? 

After killing 000s of care home residents, the SNP now ghoulishly talk about his young SNP voters are replacing them.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/6066211/angus-robertson-snp-independence-voters-elderly-dying/

No wonder nats like @Bud the Baker want to shut down all discussion of the SNP’s care home manslaughter crimes 

On 9/18/2020 at 7:40 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah; like you can walk away from an argument!

Inside The Nba Laughing GIF by NBA on TNT - Find & Share on GIPHY

My arguments are that the No campaign made false assurances that the only way Scotland could stay in the EU was to vote No, has reneged on promises respect Scotland's views at UK level and to deliver Devo Max - quite the opposite in fact with Tory MPs howling at routinely shouting down SNP leader Ian Blackwell at PMQs and the governments plan to make a power grab for powers returning from Brussels post-Brexit.

2014 is the past, I'm more interested in 2021, if the SNP win a majority at Holyrood next May it should be a mandate for a second Independence referendum. If that happens it'll be a win-win situation for the SNP as I believe we'll win a second referendum and if BJ denies us one it'll only push more people into the yes camp.

Do you have any argument beyond gloating. smilies and gifs - which by coincidence is the name of the my Earth, Wind & Fire tribute band  

hqdefault.jpg

Ironic that a post devoid of any argument in favour of independence should ask someone if he has any argument 😃

What will be will be and if independence is the best option then it’ll be good for all of surely?

You summed yourself up in your previous post

”simple really” [emoji23]

#thickasf**k 

Once again you fail to comprehend simple, written English in a convo between two people that's been going on for six years now.

[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

#thichasfcuk

17 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Ironic that a post devoid of any argument in favour of independence should ask someone if he has any argument 😃

What will be will be and if independence is the best option then it’ll be good for all of surely?

Do you really believe that the Union is good for "all of"(sic)?

48 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Just plain wrong C'apn - you may disagree with the content below but it contains arguments in favour of a second referendum. 😃

On 9/18/2020 at 7:40 PM, Bud the Baker said:

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

After killing 000s of care home residents, the SNP now ghoulishly talk about his young SNP voters are replacing them.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/6066211/angus-robertson-snp-independence-voters-elderly-dying/

No wonder nats like @Bud the Baker want to shut down all discussion of the SNP’s care home manslaughter crimes 

I do not have the power to stop shut down the conversation and your revelling in the deaths of care home residents, nor have I made any mention of them being replaced by young SNP voters.

I'm quite happy for the issue of care home deaths (in Scotland & the UK) to come out in the fullness of time, your ghoulish jumping of the gun and lack of balance is clear for all to see Cap'n Paranoid.

Edited by Bud the Baker

If Scotland do gain independence, what industries do we have, where’s the revenue coming from?
There will be no more fiscal transfer prop ups. Is there a guarantee that Scotland would get back into the EU? I believe the Scottish Government need to be transparent on how our economy will be set up before any vote on independence is granted. I hope they don’t try to work that one out after the fact.
How’s the Tax, pensions, currency for example going to work?
These things need to be cast in stone to let voters know what they’re potentially walking into.

3 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

If Scotland do gain independence, what industries do we have, where’s the revenue coming from?
There will be no more fiscal transfer prop ups. Is there a guarantee that Scotland would get back into the EU? I believe the Scottish Government need to be transparent on how our economy will be set up before any vote on independence is granted. I hope they don’t try to work that one out after the fact.
How’s the Tax, pensions, currency for example going to work?
These things need to be cast in stone to let voters know what they’re potentially walking into.

These all sound like the type of questions that were getting asked before the Brexit vote? We still don’t know the answer to them. 

4 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

It’s no surprise that you would doff your cap to a multi millionaire ex pat.

As a very rich man once said, eat the rich! 😂

You're correct, trying to inject a bit of humour into the thread I did contradict my belief that many societal problems are exacerbated by the inequalities in the distribution of wealth - I shall be more careful about what I say in future.