The Politics Thread

shull

I'm sure trade deals could be more beneficial for UK. I'm also sure most countries feel the same way about most of their trade agreements.

You appear to be presuming that we will improve our trade deals once we leave the EU.

If you care to look back you will see tgat I said that in all honesty, I don't know.

I am bemused by the certainty of the naysaying doomsday predictors though.

Guest TPAFKATS

If you care to look back you will see tgat I said that in all honesty, I don't know.

I am bemused by the certainty of the naysaying doomsday predictors though.

I'd agree that there's no guarantees.
There are probables though

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Aye that works both ways. Alex Salmond's sneering at Damien Green when he challenged Salmond on the poor job that the SNP were doing governing Scotland. He's answer was to duck the criticism and to slate Green for reading from a Conservative Central Office report. 

That is precisely what Green was doing. It was blatantly obvious.

The question wasn't about how the SNP is doing in govt. It was about another independence referendum.

IF you believe the 15 billion is an accurate figure, ask yourself this question.
Despite having had 40 years of oil, the largest fishing resources in the EU, abundance of natural energy resources including the largest tidal capacity in EU and whisky exports being the 2nd largest UK export behind oil why is Scotland's economy apparently fecked as part of the uk?

It's a good question. I recently spoke to local SNP activist and told him I have voted SNP all my life that when the next vote comes around they must have the sums detailed rightly this time it's what will win the vote if it shows we can survive and grow. Would like to hope we have learned from the last vote because that's what the UK parties will fire at us with all cylinders.

I voted No last time and always thought I would vote No.
But the PM seems to be doing her best to piss the Scots off and you need to ask yourself if the Tory government actually want Scotland to stay in the U.K.

On the flip side - I spoke to a couple of Yes supporters and they said they couldn't give a toss about the state of the Scottish Economy- They just wanted Independence at any cost.

Certainly a decisive topic at present.

That is precisely what Green was doing. It was blatantly obvious.

The question wasn't about how the SNP is doing in govt. It was about another independence referendum.

And its quite clear that's what the SNP are doing too. They are using talk of a second Indy Ref to hide their inadequacy in government.

Last night I was read a report detailing that Sturgeon had been pushed into announcing the consultation would start for a second referendum by the surprise closeness of the vote for her Deputy Leader. Apparently the fact Tommy Shepherd ran Angus Robertson so close was a sign of the growing disquiet amongst a party membership pushing her towards a second referendum. All this despite Sturgeon knowing the opinion polls show Scotland doesn't want another referendum and that Brexit hasn't made the slightest bit of difference to the split between yes and no.

And its quite clear that's what the SNP are doing too. They are using talk of a second Indy Ref to hide their inadequacy in government.

Last night I was read a report detailing that Sturgeon had been pushed into announcing the consultation would start for a second referendum by the surprise closeness of the vote for her Deputy Leader. Apparently the fact Tommy Shepherd ran Angus Robertson so close was a sign of the growing disquiet amongst a party membership pushing her towards a second referendum. All this despite Sturgeon knowing the opinion polls show Scotland doesn't want another referendum and that Brexit hasn't made the slightest bit of difference to the split between yes and no.

If we are out the single market it would be distress for Scotland that's why the option is being put forward. SNP are not going for an independence vote if the polls are off the mark even a bitter person like you knows that. The Daily Politics show just pointed out that the polls for independence are closer now than they were before the last independence vote for pro independence. No need to worry if we get independence for you. You can move to Sunderland and joint the mass unemployed because of all the motor manufactory pull out when not in the single market.

You wonder whether by allowing a referendum in the first place and given the result (and the probable economic shitstorm that is gonna result), whether Cameron et al could be tried for treason. These shitesters have essentially committed economic treason on the country.

Who read it to you, your carer? Another fairy story, Angus Robertson won on the first vote with 52.5%, second preference votes weren't needed.

Guest TPAFKATS
You wonder whether by allowing a referendum in the first place and given the result (and the probable economic shitstorm that is gonna result), whether Cameron et al could be tried for treason. These shitesters have essentially committed economic treason on the country.

Could we do a mussolini with him and just dangle him from a lamp-post? While we're at it, let's not forget Blair.

[emoji476]

Guest TPAFKATS
Shame.  I misunderstood the context.

after I read the preceding posts I realised you weren't talking about The Dick.

I was hoping that by putting examples out there posters would add their own.

8 hours ago, tony soprano said:

Could we do a mussolini with him and just dangle him from a lamp-post? While we're at it, let's not forget Blair.

emoji476.png

Hmm, seems to be the Nationalist way. To think Trump was roundly condemned when he said he would put his political opponent in jail. I can't wait to see the outrage as news gets out that Natsi's on the St Mirren website are calling for political opponents to be hung. I did notice today that the SNP got itself into a bit of a lather when one of their high ranking idiots decided to compare the Tories with the Nazi's. Exactly the kind of language Nicola Sturgeon said she wouldn't have in her party. I look forward to seeing a sacking over the weekend then. :rolleyes: 

11 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Did you actually read the article, it clearly shows who reported it originally?

To quote.

The business daily Dagens Næringsliv earlier reported that Britain’s international trade secretary, Liam Fox, had asked Norway’s trade and industry minster, Monica Mæland, to form a bilateral trade working group at a meeting on 14 September.

The paper said the request was passed to the Norwegian foreign ministry, which is coordinating Norway’s Brexit response, where it was turned down as likely to jeopardise Norway’s European Economic Area (EEA) agreement and “inappropriate” while Britain was still a full member of the EU.

Did you read the article? Once you get past the speculative story that made this news in the first place, you get to the denial from the Norwegian government and from the UK Government. It really would help if your carer got past the first couple of lines :rolleyes: 

Where did I contradict the denial from the Norwegian Government?

I simply showed where the story came from. That well known Scottish propaganda newspaper the business daily Dagens Næringsliv.

So £100 for anywhere you'd like me to donate the money to, show me where I actually contradict or deny the Norwegian rebuttal.

Remember it's got to be real proof and not speculative of what an imaginary mate, dinner guest or a dream of yours you may try and use.

Ah so now you accept that it was a lie to claim that negotiations hadn't started. It was a lie when it was claimed Liam Fox was sent home with a flea in his ear and now you are about to lie and claim you are an avid reader of a Norwegian newspaper written in Norwegian and that you didn't get your story from the propaganda papers you usually read so avidly. You're spinning so fast I'm surprised you aren't humming.... Oh wait - you probably do stink. You're a Natsi after all

4 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

And there's the meltdown.

Now lie down and read through again who wrote what, where and when.

Then comeback and apologise for the slur on my good character before i goto an imaginary lawyer to sue you for defamation. You fruitcake. emoji23.png

ETA

Div, as you're the owner of this forum i believe you have a duty and care responsibility to protect folk from losing there mind and it would be wise to impose a sabatical on Mr Dickson for his own well being.

PS, you might be to late now.

Det er ingen krise, og du er tilbake på ignorere

Wise words from the Wee Ginger Dug, and they sum StuD up perfectly:

"When die-hard Unionists engage with you on social media, they’re not open to persuasion, and they’re not looking for honest debate. They’re only trying to provoke you. So block them and move on. Save your efforts for where it can make a difference. Don’t get into pointless fights, don’t lose the rag. Don’t give the Unionist media any ammunition."

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2016/10/16/lets-be-nice/

Wise words from the Wee Ginger Dug, and they sum StuD up perfectly:

"When die-hard Unionists engage with you on social media, they’re not open to persuasion, and they’re not looking for honest debate. They’re only trying to provoke you. So block them and move on. Save your efforts for where it can make a difference. Don’t get into pointless fights, don’t lose the rag. Don’t give the Unionist media any ammunition."

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2016/10/16/lets-be-nice/

Now where else have I seen advice like that? Oh yeah, The Scientology Cult. Only talk to your own, don't listen to naysayers, and believe 100% in the daft story about aliens.

Got to love when the Natsi try so desperately to pull the drawbridge up