shull

Thread To Discuss An Independent Scotland.

36 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Scotland is a country
England is a country
The UK is not a country

#thichasf**k

The UK is made up of 3 long standing countries Scotland (the oldest I believe), England and Wales and one that was engineered around 100 years ago, Northern Ireland. They are together by voluntary agreement. This can be changed. 

41 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Scotland is a country
England is a country
The UK is not a country

#thichasf**k

See I view it differently

• Scotland is not a country.
  • The UK is a country.
  • England's population comprising 83% of the UKs makes it a pseudo-country

• The UK is a country.

You can view it any way you like bud.

• The UK is a country.

Scotland is a constituent country of the UK. The UK is a nation. At least, that's how it used to be defined, f**k knows how it's defined now.

6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:
  • The UK is a country.

Scotland is a constituent country of the UK. The UK is a nation. At least, that's how it used to be defined, f**k knows how it's defined now.

Theoretically yes, in practice the UK only works for England and really only for LondonLand, even Ruth Davidson said so and what's BJs current "levelling up" rhetoric if not a tacit admission of that?

Time to get the fuck out of Dodge....

Edited by Bud the Baker

16 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Theoretically yes, in practice the UK only works for England and really only for LondonLand, even Ruth Davidson said so and what's BJs current "levelling up" rhetoric if not a tacit admission of that?

Time to get the fuck out of Dodge....

Thing is...

….whilst I am ever more leaning towards the idea that Scotland should gtf  out of the relationship, and I do understand your pain and frustration - my votes have seldom mattered at all in my life -  the reality keeps intruding.

London is NOT going to go away.   Capitalism is not going to stop at the border.  London may well be a problem wrt the rest of the UK, but you'll never be able to ignore its ramifications by simply hoping for the best.

15 hours ago, antrin said:

Thing is...

….whilst I am ever more leaning towards the idea that Scotland should gtf  out of the relationship, and I do understand your pain and frustration - my votes have seldom mattered at all in my life -  the reality keeps intruding.

London is NOT going to go away.   Capitalism is not going to stop at the border.  London may well be a problem wrt the rest of the UK, but you'll never be able to ignore its ramifications by simply hoping for the best.

You may be correct, an Independent Scotland may not be feasible with a larger, hostile neighbour to the south but there are other successful counties of our size in the EU - 12 of the remaining have populations similar (5-6 million) or smaller than ours and a number of others that are not significantly bigger.

BJs government is schizophrenic - they talk about continuing free trade with the EU but say Scotland will be crippled by regulations if we become independent, Johnson himself talks of being a one-nation Conservative (a Brexity Hezza) while filling his Cabinet with the right-wing Ideologues of Britannia Unchained, tax evaders like the current Chancellor and other City speculators like Rees-Mogg. Can their be any real doubt that the "real" future for the UK outside is a nasty, low regulation country for the majority.

I live in hope of an independent Scotland that is left & green leaning, let the billionaires fuck off to Mars - who needs them anyway?

:offtopic Moving off-topic there was a Philip K. Dick short story Survey Team printed in the 50s (!) where the rich plan to leave for Mars only to find on arriving there that that was where we had originally come from after destroying the red planet's ecology in the dim & distant past. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

You may be correct, an Independent Scotland may not be feasible with a larger, hostile neighbour to the south but there are other successful counties of our size in the EU - 12 of the remaining have populations similar (5-6 million) or smaller than ours others are not significantly bigger.

BJs government is schizophrenic - they talk about continuing free trade with the EU but say Scotland will be crippled by regulations if we become independent, Johnson himself talks of being a one-nation Conservative (a Brexity Hezza) while filling his Cabinet with the right-wing Ideologues of Britannia Unchained, tax evaders like the current Chancellor and other City speculators like Rees-Mogg. Can their be any real doubt that the "real" future for the UK outside is a nasty, low regulation country for the majority.

I live in hope of an independent Scotland that is left & green leaning, let the billionaires f**k off to Mars - who needs them anyway?

:offtopic Moving off-topic there was a Philip K. Dick short story Survey Team printed in the 50s (!) where the rich plan to leave for Mars only to find on arriving there that that was where we had originally come from after destroying the red planet's ecology in the dim & distant past. 

Aye, it’s the f**kin hope that gets us every time... :(

Tory MP James Grundy appears to have been exposing himself

So, we’ve heard all week about how the SNP are bad/full of sex pests/didn’t sack Mackay from a position they couldn’t sack him from/SNPbad/Sturgeon isn’t fit to lead etc.

The Tories did f**k all about Groper Thomson. Will they act on Grundy? Will the same media who lambasted the SNP lambast the Tories here?

So, we’ve heard all week about how the SNP are bad/full of sex pests/didn’t sack Mackay from a position they couldn’t sack him from/SNPbad/Sturgeon isn’t fit to lead etc.
The Tories did f**k all about Groper Thomson. Will they act on Grundy? Will the same media who lambasted the SNP lambast the Tories here?
This is rhetorical, right?

Probably not. There was this year another Tory politician convicted of sexual assault that was defended by another Unionist who sat in a neighbouring area. Almost no mention of it anywhere, but I know I'm not surprised about the lack of coverage.

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Probably not. There was this year another Tory politician convicted of sexual assault that was defended by another Unionist who sat in a neighbouring area. Almost no mention of it anywhere, but I know I'm not surprised about the lack of coverage.

Exactly, it’s not the same when it’s the Tories. Says it all there was more commotion over Mackay than the “lost” Westminster files.