Letters of no confidence been lodged against Corbyn.

Stuart Dickson

As it says - a number of letters from Labour MP's have submitted letters of no confidence against their leader. 

Cameron, Corbyn, Farron, and Sturgeon all backed remain and they've all failed to deliver. All of them should resign especially since the spin each one of them is happily peddling is that the Brexit vote was a kick back against the establishment, and not really the population wanting the UK to leave the EU. 

Spoiler

Democracy: It is what it is, when a political party democratically elect a leader and that leader falls short of the standards, or expectations of the body politic then they will generally be democratically deposed, if a democratically elected leader loses an election then that leader may, or may not be deposed, at the will of the members. Why  would anyone be obliged to resign for an error of judgement that is outwith their control, if the body politic are happy with their performance, and they haven't broken any of the " rules of engagement " ?

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

As it says - a number of letters from Labour MP's have submitted letters of no confidence against their leader. 

Cameron, Corbyn, Farron, and Sturgeon all backed remain and they've all failed to deliver. All of them should resign especially since the spin each one of them is happily peddling is that the Brexit vote was a kick back against the establishment, and not really the population wanting the UK to leave the EU. 

Yeah, strange that you list Sturgeon on their even though the majority vote in Scotland was to remain. This is part of the reason why an 'Indy ref part 2' is up for discussion, as Scotland has been dragged into leaving the EU, with our majority vote counting for absolutely nothing.

As long as Scotland remain as part of the U.K, we are just going to have to accept what Westminster serves us, which I think is a bleak future.

Guest TPAFKATS

Blame Corbyn is the mantra that the UK media and political establishment are following for everything. Has he been blamed for the thunder storms yet?

So even during a time of complete and utter turmoil for the Tories who only have a majority of 12, the parliamentary Labour party are going to rip themselves apart with infighting.

Complete and utter Fannies.

37 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

Blame Corbyn is the mantra that the UK media and political establishment are following for everything. Has he been blamed for the thunder storms yet?

So even during a time of complete and utter turmoil for the Tories who only have a majority of 12, the parliamentary Labour party are going to rip themselves apart with infighting.

That's one viewpoint I suppose. You could view the SNP in the same way. With the Labour Party and the Conservative Party in turmoil, ripping themselves apart and with both potentially leaderless the SNP could grab the opportunity to be a real force in Westminster fighting hard for Scotland. Instead here we go again with the SNP wasting their opportunity to again chance independence. What complete and utter fannies. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

That's one viewpoint I suppose. You could view the SNP in the same way. With the Labour Party and the Conservative Party in turmoil, ripping themselves apart and with both potentially leaderless the SNP could grab the opportunity to be a real force in Westminster fighting hard for Scotland. Instead here we go again with the SNP wasting their opportunity to again chance independence. What complete and utter fannies. 

Do you not like fannies?

2 hours ago, tony soprano said:

I think Corbyn should be held to account for his lowkey performance during the referendum campaign.

I think Corbyn should be held to account for his lowkey performance during the referendum campaign.

I think he was in the Leave camp personally but as leader had to support party policy to Remain. Would explain the low profile.

Yeah, he's been agin the EU for most of his parliamentary career (like many other Old Labour stalwarts). However I saw him on TV this morning bemoaning our exit and the potential ills that could now befall the more vulnerable groups in our society once the current Tory government regains power from Brussels and it was as if he was just realizing these dangers - perhaps if he'd spoken with that passion over the course of the campaign we'd have had a different outcome. Maybe he should have let a junior colleague who was in favour of staying in the EU lead the Labour Party campaign.

It is almost as if he'd assumed an easy victory for Remain and couldn't shift out of second gear when it became apparent this was not going to be the case .........

Edited by Bud the Baker

Well to repeat myself because his contribution was so low key and minimal, secondly as I said to salmonbuddie - when  I saw him on TV this morning bemoaning our exit and the potential ills that could now befall the more vulnerable groups in our society once the current Tory government regains power from Brussels and it was as if he was just realizing these dangers - perhaps if he'd spoken with that passion over the course of the campaign we'd have had a different outcome. Maybe he should have let a junior colleague who was in favour of staying in the EU lead the Labour Party campaign.

It is almost as if he'd assumed an easy victory for Remain and couldn't shift out of second gear when it became apparent this was not going to be the case .........

I know two guys at work who said they would've voted Remain but didn't 'cos it felt like they'd be endorsing Cameron over Johnson in what they felt was a Tory vs Tory showdown.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
Well to repeat myself because his contribution was so low key and minimal, secondly as I said to salmonbuddie - when  I saw him on TV this morning bemoaning our exit and the potential ills that could now befall the more vulnerable groups in our society once the current Tory government regains power from Brussels and it was as if he was just realizing these dangers - perhaps if he'd spoken with that passion over the course of the campaign we'd have had a different outcome. Maybe he should have let a junior colleague who was in favour of staying in the EU lead the Labour Party campaign.

But he's only the leader of the opposition who gets hammered by the media continually. Mibees that's why he was low key. If he had been high profile, he'd be getting blamed for the result. Oh, wait...

Almost all of Labour party from PLP to local activists were campaigning to stay.

Now, Labour should be hammering the Tories for being a split party that could easily rip itself apart. Instead the PLP are trying to remove their recently elected leader and are likely to cause as much damage to themselves as the Tories have, allowing the Tories to get off the hook.

But he's only the leader of the opposition who gets hammered by the media continually. Mibees that's why he was low key. If he had been high profile, he'd be getting blamed for the result. Oh, wait...

Almost all of Labour party from PLP to local activists were campaigning to stay.

Now, Labour should be hammering the Tories for being a split party that could easily rip itself apart. Instead the PLP are trying to remove their recently elected leader and are likely to cause as much damage to themselves as the Tories have, allowing the Tories to get off the hook.

Excellent points. What is the point of The Labour Party these days? Totally inept and devoid of any cohesive policies. They have an open goal and in their usual fashion, break into civil war ffs

15 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah, he's been agin the EU for most of his parliamentary career (like many other Old Labour stalwarts). However I saw him on TV this morning bemoaning our exit and the potential ills that could now befall the more vulnerable groups in our society once the current Tory government regains power from Brussels and it was as if he was just realizing these dangers - perhaps if he'd spoken with that passion over the course of the campaign we'd have had a different outcome. Maybe he should have let a junior colleague who was in favour of staying in the EU lead the Labour Party campaign.

Whatever Corbyn is, he isn't a fool. He's playing the game he always intended to play. The fear campaign is now the best in town. "We no longer have the restraints of the EU to protect workers rights so the right wing will be able to repeal protection laws. The only way the working people of UK is to vote for a party who will keep the laws."

The long game.

15 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I know two guys at work who said they would've voted Remain but didn't 'cos it felt like they'd be endorsing Cameron over Johnson in what they felt was a Tory vs Tory showdown.

MsAntrin spoiled her ballot paper rather than vote "for" Cameron and Osborne.

23 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You really are on the wind up. Remind me again how Scotland voted cross all areas? If you are going to have your dig at the SNP then at least get your facts right. BTW it was your Tory pal Cameron who is responsible for where we are after offerering a needless referendum to support the re-election agenda. 

You really are on the wind up. Remind me again how Scotland voted cross all areas? If you are going to have your dig at the SNP then at least get your facts right. BTW it was your Tory pal Cameron who is responsible for where we are after offerering a needless referendum to support the re-election agenda. 

Cameron has resigned. He's paid the price. Corby, Faron and Sturgeon now also need to go. It was their utterly ineffectual performances on TV that meant the lost the argument to Johnson, Gove and Farage

38 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Cameron has resigned. He's paid the price. Corby, Faron and Sturgeon now also need to go. It was their utterly ineffectual performances on TV that meant the lost the argument to Johnson, Gove and Farage

What part of Scotland voted remain across all areas do you not understand? Sturgeon has nothing to do with England and how they vote - that is down to ineffectual Tory and Labour MPs. By all means blame her for SNP policy failures in Scotland but surely not for areas where she has no influence, involvement of representation. Her job was done when our country unanimously voted Remain.

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

What part of Scotland voted remain across all areas do you not understand? Sturgeon has nothing to do with England and how they vote - that is down to ineffectual Tory and Labour MPs. By all means blame her for SNP policy failures in Scotland but surely not for areas where she has no influence, involvement of representation. Her job was done when our country unanimously voted Remain.

This wasn't a Scottish vote - as we can clearly see from the result. Sturgeon was on the Vote Remain side. She campaigned side by side with David Cameron. She appeared on National TV. She's a political leader who refused to let her MP's and MSP's the freedom to campaign as they wished. She failed. Her argument was shite. She lost. She let the side down. She's a useless pathetic individual and she should resign. And if she was in any way honourable she would do exactly that. Instead she's a power hungry mad woman who has decided to campaign to further divide the nation she professes to love. What a disgrace! 

Edited by Stuart Dickson