Letters of no confidence been lodged against Corbyn.

Stuart Dickson

An EC source said

Lifted from the Scottish Mail on Sunday article. :lol:

Breaking news

A string of Labour shadow cabinet members have quit, with more walkouts expected, in protest at Jeremy Corbyn's leadership over the EU referendum.

Heidi Alexander, Ian Murray, Gloria de Piero, Lillian Greenwood, Lucy Powell, Kerry McCarthy and Seema Malhotra quit.

It comes after Mr Corbyn sacked shadow foreign secretary Hilary Benn.

Meanwhile according to the Scottish Mail on Sunday an EC source said John Sutton had signed for St. Mirren

Edited by Bud the Baker

Exactly Shull. Sterling had recovered most of its lost ground by Friday night, as had share prices. One credit agency downgraded the UK's rating but the effect of losing its second biggest economy is going to damage many countries using the Euro and the UK will probably now dodge the bullet of funding the next Greek bailout.

The worst case scenario predictions in the papers today was that food would go up by 3%, petrol by 2% but that mortgage interest rates are likely to stay at this all time low level for a lot longer with some excellent fixed rate deals likely to become available. We've lost David Cameron but the excellent Theresa May will replace him, Labour is falling apart and Sturgeon is making a humiliating c**t of herself as usual and is about to go begging around Europe. I voted remain but I'm honestly thinking I voted the wrong way. I think UK prospects have improved dramatically in the last couple of days. It's the EU that now faces it's biggest threat.

5 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I see Sturgeon has said this morning that the Scottish Parliament will block the UK leaving the EU. How anti democratic the Natsi Party is. Sturgeon should resign

3 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

14 minutes ago, Hambud said:

She didn't say she would, she said she could.

Although, in the real world - she can't.

38 minutes ago, antrin said:

Although, in the real world - she can't.

In the real world opinion seems divided.

The First Minister was asked about a Lords report outlining the role of the UK’s three devolved parliaments in implementing the legal agreement implementing the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.

Sir David Edward, who sat on the European Court of Justice between 1992 and 2004, told the Lords EU select committee that the consent of the Scottish Parliament would be required for any measures “extinguishing the application of European law in Scotland.”

This would be provided by the Scottish Parliament passing an LCM, a device used where Westminster wants to legislate in devolved areas. Ms Sturgeon argued that such a motion would be required for the “legislation that extricates the UK from the EU.”

She told the BBC’s Sunday Politics programme in Scotland: "Looking at it from a logical perspective, I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be that requirement - I suspect that the UK government will take a very different view on that and we'll have to see where that discussion ends up."

Pressed whether she would consider asking the Scottish Parliament not to back the LCM, she replied "of course".

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I see Sturgeon has said this morning that the Scottish Parliament will block the UK leaving the EU. How anti democratic the Natsi Party is. Sturgeon should resign

That is just a blatant Lie . She did not say that.

She was asked during an interview if she would consider the possibility & she said "of course"  To say you would consider something is totally different from what you have stated. 

As per usual Stu dick spouting absolute f**kin pish .  You really are a shit stirring f**kwit.

Guest TPAFKATS

She was asked during an interview if she would consider the possibility & she said "of course"  To say you would consider something is totally different from what you have stated. 

As per usual Stu dick spouting absolute f**kin pish .  You really are a shit stirring f**kwit.

It's probably easier to find posts from him since Thursday where he hasn't blatantly lied.

Panic is settling in, straws being clutched so hard they are breaking, meltdown approaching. At least 3 days of peace for the rest of us coming up...

STUART telling lies again.

Less than 2 weeks until Chilcot report. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that blairites are trying to oust Corbyn

For sure. He was out fighting the remain all over the country yet he was never on the news like you know who which I found totally strange. Also during the EU debate found ITV news much more balanced so that channel is now my choice of news at tea time.

Keeps on getting worse for Labour..............

A motion of no confidence in Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has been passed by the party's MPs.

The 176-40 vote, which is not binding, follows resignations from the shadow cabinet and calls on Mr Corbyn to quit.

The leader's allies have told his critics to trigger a formal leadership contest if they want to challenge him.

Shadow chancellor John McDonnell said Mr Corbyn was "not going anywhere", accusing his critics of trying to "subvert democracy".

..............as least it's non-binding! :unsure:

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:59 PM, Slartibartfast said:

I get my news on here. I read what Fatboy has said and then know that the exact opposite has actually happened.

you read your own posts then know the opposite has happened?

I bet you are a fatty. Just like oaksoft.

you've got a big belly and you blow out your arse if you run 20 yards, don't you?

fatti slarti!

Edited by nosferatu

• 2 weeks later...

Labour's National Executive Committee is set to rule on whether Jeremy Corbyn should automatically be included in the party's leadership ballot.

Unions say party rules are clear that he must be in any leadership contest, but his opponents say he needs the nominations of 51 MPs or MEPs to stand.

I hope he gets to run and also that the 182 Labour MP's who voted against him on the "no confidence" motion face deselection battles of their own at constituency level.

Labour's National Executive Committee is set to rule on whether Jeremy Corbyn should automatically be included in the party's leadership ballot.

Unions say party rules are clear that he must be in any leadership contest, but his opponents say he needs the nominations of 51 MPs or MEPs to stand.

I hope he gets to run and also that the 182 Labour MP's who voted against him on the "no confidence" motion face deselection battles of their own at constituency level.

A new Labour civil war seems inevitable. Every chance that when the dust settles there will be at least 2 parties. Possibly 3, if the remnants of Scottish Labour see sense and break away as well.