Rollercoaster Crash at M&Ds

Buffs

TBH it beggars belief that people still visit places like this knowing full well they are not safe.

No way would I take my kids to any of these places.

That's nonsense HSE are very strict with theme parks. It's a bit like saying you won't take your children on holiday in a plane. We all grow up wanting to go on rides when we were children.

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That's nonsense HSE are very strict with theme parks. It's a bit like saying you won't take your children on holiday in a plane. We all grow up wanting to go on rides when we were children.

Maybe HSE are strict. I wouldn't go anywhere near a ride at M&Ds in Strathclyde Park. Why? Mrs Poz' fifteen plus years in the fire service, and the amount of times they were called to an incident at that place.

I'm out.

Maybe HSE are strict. I wouldn't go anywhere near a ride at M&Ds in Strathclyde Park. Why? Mrs Poz' fifteen plus years in the fire service, and the amount of times they were called to an incident at that place.

I'm out.

Dont know about that place Drew I mean in general though what you wrote does not sound good.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I dont take my kids on holiday on a plane. The other Brit holidaymakers would make it a f**king nightmare.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I have delta with HSE a lot also the brother in law worked with them for a number of years but not checking rides. So yes I do.

HSE do not have either the manpower or the expertise to be able to tell if these pieces of machinery are being properly maintained or not. Talk to your brother in law.

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I have delta with HSE a lot also the brother in law worked with them for a number of years but not checking rides. So yes I do.

Need someone to check the rides?....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/hogmanay-comedy-show-star-gatecrashes-1079135#Gu8q6yjW0kUErsfC.97

Guest TPAFKATS

The HSE used to have one inspector to cover all the amusement rides in Scotland. That was 15 years ago, don't expect it's got any better since their budgets have been slashed since 2010.

Back in those days I was told by an hse inspector that contrary to popular belief the travellers rides were likely to be safer as they were inspected every time they moved as opposed to the fixed theme park rides.

3 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

The HSE used to have one inspector to cover all the amusement rides in Scotland. That was 15 years ago, don't expect it's got any better since their budgets have been slashed since 2010.

Back in those days I was told by an hse inspector that contrary to popular belief the travellers rides were likely to be safer as they were inspected every time they moved as opposed to the fixed theme park rides.

I've been told the same thing. 

Thanks for that gives a better understanding.