Education In Iceland

Yet again you are diving straight in without engaging your brain.

At what age group does the national squad start to struggle internationally?

That will tell you where the problem is.

Ok. I've checked on Wiki admittedly cause the SFA site is hopeless. The under 16s have been getting regular doings since 2014. The under 19s haven't qualified for the European Championships since 2006. I'd say it's fairly evident it's the Pro Youth Development groups that are letting us down and that Mark Wotte was nothing but a snake oil salesman.

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Ok. I've checked on Wiki admittedly cause the SFA site is hopeless. The under 16s have been getting regular doings since 2014. The under 19s haven't qualified for the European Championships since 2006. I'd say it's fairly evident it's the Pro Youth Development groups that are letting us down and that Mark Wotte was nothing but a snake oil salesman.

Interesting that you completely ignored the under 17s. 

HOw have they been getting on?

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Why do you want to go back 11 years to find out if our youth development works? Elite Youth Development was set up after that. :rolleyes:

How about 2014 then when they made the semis of the Euros?

Oh and they have qualified again this year.

Clearly the problem is not as simple as you think.

Edited by oaksoft

48 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

How about 2014 then when they made the semis of the Euros?

Oh and they have qualified again this year.

Clearly the problem is not as simple as you think.

Oh it is. But I like your self confidence despite all evidence. Gordon Strachan and Brian McClair totally disagree with you by the way. They want to reduce the number of elite academies by more than 50% to deal with the "shirt filler" problem that I, and many others who understand a little bit about youth football, have identified. Some elite and development academies are to be regionalised and not club based. And there is a recognition of the failure of a system that pays more money to senior clubs who tick boxes, rather than actually show results. More money to be spent on facilities and better organisation to be put in place to make better use of facilities in schools and higher standards for qualified coaches at grassroots levels of the game. 

They haven't gone far enough IMO but at least they are on the same track. You.....well it appears you think there's nothing wrong which makes me wonder if you've ever been to a football match in your life. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

9 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Oh it is. But I like your self confidence despite all evidence. Gordon Strachan and Brian McClair totally disagree with you by the way. They want to reduce the number of elite academies by more than 50% to deal with the "shirt filler" problem that I, and many others who understand a little bit about youth football, have identified. Some elite and development academies are to be regionalised and not club based. And there is a recognition of the failure of a system that pays more money to senior clubs who tick boxes, rather than actually show results. More money to be spent on facilities and better organisation to be put in place to make better use of facilities in schools and higher standards for qualified coaches at grassroots levels of the game. 

They haven't gone far enough IMO but at least they are on the same track. You.....well it appears you think there's nothing wrong which makes me wonder if you've ever been to a football match in your life. :rolleyes:

The point is that in your ludicrous diatribe about the state of our youth football you mentioned every defeat in every year group going back a decade but thought it was reasonable to completely ignore the fact that our under 17s made the semis of the Euros ljust two years ago and have qualified again.

This is why life ignores you Stuart.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The point is that in your ludicrous diatribe about the state of our youth football you mentioned every defeat in every year group going back a decade but thought it was reasonable to completely ignore the fact that our under 17s made the semis of the Euros ljust two years ago and have qualified again.

This is why life ignores you Stuart.

Life? Is that my pseudonym? :lol:

10 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I would think you are not far off the mark there going by his response. :lol:

Blabbers on about sport yet doesn't watch sport or play sport.........................scientists eh? :hammer

Competition:AllUEFA U17 Championship

Show:AllHomeAway

« Previous Next »

Mon 26/10/15 UUC Scotland U17

1 - 1

Italy U17 View events More info

Mon 28/03/16 UUC Denmark U17

4 - 0

Scotland U17 View events More info

Wed 30/03/16 UUC Czech Republic U17

0 - 2

Sat 02/04/16 UUC Scotland U17

1 - 1

Switzerland U17 View events More info

Thu 05/05/16 UUC Belgium U17

2 - 0

Sun 08/05/16 UUC Portugal U17

2 - 0

Wed 11/05/16 UUC Scotland U17

0 - 1

Azerbaijan U17 View events More info

Thu 15/09/16 UUC Scotland U17

-

Wales U17 More info

Sat 17/09/16 UUC Scotland U17

-

Malta U17 More info bi

Tue 20/09/16 UUC Portugal U17

-

Scotland U17

Scotland's Under 17 results. Oaksoft thinks this is success and yet in other posts he blasts the lack of ambition amongst kids in Scottish society.

I think reaching the semi finals of the Euros and then qualifying again in 2016 is what matters.

As for your results above, one shitty defeat at home to Azerbajian and a ballsup away to Denmark is hardly a sacking offence.

We drew 1-1 with Italy. Is that a bad result? Really?

We beat the Czech republic 2-0 away. Are you suggesting that is a bad result? Wow. Tough crowd.

We also drew with Switzerland 1-1. Is THAT a bad result?

If only our main national team could get results like that TBH.

Perhaps the 2-0 defeats away to Portugal (who are in the current Euros semis) and Belgium (who made the World Cup semis) are bad results? Really? You expect us to beat those teams on their own turf? :lol:

You are completely unrealistic in your assessment of that team.

Given that our senior Scottish teams are currently embarassing themselves trying to beat teams from Luxembourg and Estonia I think you need to re-assess what constitutes success.

I think reaching the semi finals of the Euros and then qualifying again in 2016 is what matters.

As for your results above, one shitty defeat at home to Azerbajian and a ballsup away to Denmark is hardly a sacking offence.

We drew 1-1 with Italy. Is that a bad result? Really?

We beat the Czech republic 2-0 away. Are you suggesting that is a bad result? Wow. Tough crowd.

We also drew with Switzerland 1-1. Is THAT a bad result?

If only our main national team could get results like that TBH.

Perhaps the 2-0 defeats away to Portugal (who are in the current Euros semis) and Belgium (who made the World Cup semis) are bad results? Really? You expect us to beat those teams on their own turf? :lol:

You are completely unrealistic in your assessment of that team.

Given that our senior Scottish teams are currently embarassing themselves trying to beat teams from Luxembourg and Estonia I think you need to re-assess what constitutes success.

The point you are missing is that those were the results that saw Scotland Under 17s qualify - something you are holding up as a proof the elite development system in Scotland is working despite all the evidence. I presume you are aware that in the finals Scotland lost all 3 matches?

You're the one who claimed the problem with our players was a lack of ambition in Scottish society, yet here you're holding up on win in 7 as an achievement. Make your mind up!

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The point you are missing is that those were the results that saw Scotland Under 17s qualify - something you are holding up as a proof the elite development system in Scotland is working despite all the evidence. I presume you are aware that in the finals Scotland lost all 3 matches?

You're the one who claimed the problem with our players was a lack of ambition in Scottish society, yet here you're holding up on win in 7 as an achievement. Make your mind up!

Whatever the problem is Stuart, if indeed there really is one, you don't have the answers and it is utterly delusional for you to think you do. :lol:

Reaching the semi finals is excellent. Qualifying again was also excellent.

The question is why we can qualify for these tournaments at under 17 level but can't translate that into qualification at senior level.

Apparently you reckon it's all about diet :lol:.

On 28/06/2016 at 7:56 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

The more health information we can get to our kids the better for all concerned. 

Aye the reason we are failing to qualify for major tournaments is because of poor nutrition.

This is just embarassing to read. :lol:

Yep. No doubt this is the reason why our players can't pass a ball. Too many pies and beans.

Dicko will be blaming Nicola Sturgeon next.

In fairness... Had she advocated minimum pricing on pie and beans rather than liquid refreshments... ...

Well played Oaky... Good point...

Booooooo Fishywife... Get a grip!

Tax the pie and beans.

Leave the liquor!

Whatever the problem is Stuart, if indeed there really is one, you don't have the answers and it is utterly delusional for you to think you do. :lol:

Reaching the semi finals is excellent. Qualifying again was also excellent.

The question is why we can qualify for these tournaments at under 17 level but can't translate that into qualification at senior level.

Apparently you reckon it's all about diet :lol:.

Where did I say that?