Aaron Mooy Signs for Manchester City

His return to Australia didnt seem like a bad move afterall. A regular international and hes earned a move back to england at a higher level at the age of 25.

Never understood why Lennon was so desperate to sign him, we paid compensation, then he was barely played by the gaffer. Maybe his attitude wasnt right at the time and he has improved that since then.

I reckon much of the failure to live up to his potential can be put down to a young boy living thousands of miles away from home who didn't cope particularly well with the circumstances, both at Bolton or with us.

He certainly showed flashes of what he was capable of, but he certainly wasn't a player that looked like a permanent fixture in the team. Lennon may not have handled his development properly, although I'm surprised nobody has blamed Longwell yet :rolleyes:, but we'll never know whether Mooy just didn't try hard enough or not.

It looks to me that he's gone back home, to a more comfortable environment, matured somewhat, got his head down and worked hard to turn himself into a pretty decent player. 

We'll need to wait for the truth to unfold until he's sold for £25 million to Barcelona, before he tells his story about exercise bikes, mars bar suppers and how shite/cold Paisley is.

Edited by FTOF

I'm staying in NZ at the moment. I have seen him in a couple of games. He is good at Aussie league level. However, can't see him ever getting near the Man City first team. I would have said lower English Championship team at best in terms of his level.

Edited by madmitch

I'm staying in NZ at the moment. I have seen in a couple of games. He is good at Aussie league level. However, can't see him ever getting near the Man City first team. I would have said lower English Championship team at best in terms of his level.

Exactly. He'll be out on loan in no time, the deal for that possibly even agreed already. Its what City do, whilst their link with Melbourne makes it all the more curious.

He was just a kid when he played for us, plenty of ability, but lacked the physicality to compete in the SPL where, sadly, athleticism is the name of the game. Happens to far too many young players in this country, boys with genuine talent who aren't big enough or strong enough. Clubs don't have the patience, or maybe the resources to nurture their physical development. They just go with the guys who are 6'1" when they're 18.

Guest TPAFKATS

Thinking about this a bit more, it probably says more about the two clubs with the same owners finding a way to transfer cash than it does about Mooy's ability

Don't think there was ever any doubt he was talented but it never happened for a number of reasons, homesickness being a massive one and also he never looked that fit.

Really classy to take yet another opportunity to have a go at Danny Lennon from some of our 'fans'.