Laws of Football

shull

Some changes have been made over the Summer. 

Supposedly they have been implemented for the Euros, but I never noticed.

One is a player will receive a yellow instead of a red if he denies an opposition person a clear goalscoring opportunity inside the box.

A penalty  will be awarded but no sending off. 

Another Law change is, a kick off can be taken by one player and it can be kicked in any direction, 

And finally, any Club can wear a Home Strip that is shite and no f**king traditional. 

Some changes have been made over the Summer. 

Supposedly they have been implemented for the Euros, but I never noticed.

One is a player will receive a yellow instead of a red if he denies an opposition person a clear goalscoring opportunity inside the box.

A penalty  will be awarded but no sending off. 

Another Law change is, a kick off can be taken by one player and it can be kicked in any direction, 

And finally, any Club can wear a Home Strip that is shite and no f**king traditional. 

Can't wait to see the first striker kick off with a big punt at goal

Would you believe there were 95 changes to the laws that come into force last month.  Many of them were to simplify the language to make the interpretation of existing laws clearer but there are a number of "new" laws as follows.

Law 1 - the field of play

Logos permitted on corner flags (previously banned).  Mix of artificial and natural surfaces allowed on field of play (previously banned).

Law 3 - the players

If a substitute, sent-off player or match official interferes with play, causing the game to be stopped, it will result in a direct free-kick or penalty (previously indirect free-kick or drop-ball).  If a substitute, team official or outside agent stops a ball going into the goal, the referee can apply the advantage rule and award a goal.

Law 4 - the players' equipment

Players wearing undershorts or tights have to make sure they are the same colour as those worn by any team-mates - and they must also match their shorts.  A player leaving the field of play to change their boots can only be allowed back on by the referee.

Law 5 - the referee

Referees have the authority to take action from when they enter the field of play for the pre-match inspection, not from the start of the game - which means players could be sent off for an offence committed while warming up. But yellow cards can only be issued from the start of the match.  Players injured by opponents who are then sent off do not need to leave the pitch for treatment.

Law 7 - duration of the match

Time taken for drinks breaks can now officially be added on at the end of a game.

Law 8 - the start and restart of play

The ball no longer has to move forward at a kick-off - it just has to move for the game to start.  Referees should not 'manufacture' dropped ball situations, in terms of who takes them, or the outcome.

Law 10 - Determining the outcome of a match

Deciding which end a penalty shootout should take place is to be done by a coin-toss, subject to condition of the pitch, or safety concerns. It is no longer the referee's choice.

A team with more players than the other when the shootout starts must reduce the number of takers so they have the same number of eligible players - this will stop teams who have had a player sent off having their better penalty takers available sooner.

Law 11 - offside

Hands and arms are not included when judging offside.  Free-kicks for offside can be taken from where the offside player received the ball.

Law 12 - fouls and misconduct

Indirect free-kicks used to be awarded when restarting games following offences against match officials. (Lawmakers thought this sent out the wrong message, so they have upped it to a direct free-kick).

A free-kick or penalty can only be awarded while the ball is in play.

Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity in the penalty area is no longer a straight red card - unless the offence is holding, pulling or pushing; there's no attempt to play or no possibility of making a challenge; or it's an offence which is punishable by a red card, no matter where on the pitch it happens - violent conduct, for example.

Violent conduct is punishable by a red card even if no contact is made.

An offence against a match official will result in a direct free-kick or penalty.

Law 13 - free-kicks

When fouls are committed off the pitch when the ball is in play, the match is restarted with a free-kick on the touchline nearest where the incident occurred. A direct free-kick will be awarded for direct free-kick offences - and a penalty could be awarded if it happens parallel to the penalty area.

Law 14 - the penalty kick

Players who feint to kick the ball once they have taken a run-up when taking a penalty will get booked for unsporting behaviour. Feinting in the run-up is allowed. And goalkeepers who come off their line too early will also be booked.

Law 15 - the throw-in

Opposing players who try to impede a throw-in will be cautioned if they are standing under two metres away.

Law 17 - the corner kick

The wording has been changed in the laws to say: "The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves." This is to stop players "unsportingly" touching the ball and pretending the corner has not been taken, to gain an advantage.

The one in bold is the only one where the IFAB officials overruled the technical guys who drew up the changes by making it more severe than originally suggested.  I wonder who is going to be the poor guy who has to implement the change to Law 4 - "right lads, lets check your undies and your tights to make sure they match". The mind boggles.

P.S. I copied this from the BBC.

33 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I don't know about the last one but the other two have definitely been on show in the Euros. Do you actually pay attention when watching games?

Sometimes 

10 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Does the law actually say "parallel to the penalty area" or are you (or the BBC) rephrasing?

I was going to write a long explanation about why I was asking but I'll wait to see what the answer is first.

I took this straight from the BBC who quote former referee and Ifab technical director David Elleray saying that the revision would make things clearer for players, officials and fans. :huh:  I tried to check it with the Ifab website but it looks like it's either gubbed or hacked.

17 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I don't know about the last one but the other two have definitely been on show in the Euros. Do you actually pay attention when watching games?

11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I meant paying attention to the game not the spider crawling up the wall.

While at St Mirren Park, the Spider is the third most appealing spectacle after playing I Spy with the wee yin and watching Gow warming up with his hands in his pockets. 

Counting aeroplanes beats the Match also. 

22 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Does the law actually say "parallel to the penalty area" or are you (or the BBC) rephrasing?

I was going to write a long explanation about why I was asking but I'll wait to see what the answer is first.

Perhaps it says in line with the 18 yard/16 metres? line or something similar.

parallel.png

Edited by stlucifer

Law 18 - Morton-

Previously living in Greenock Slums was deemed hilarious and using Saints cast off Stands that they could not be arsed to erect -punished by not, however bad we got , beating us.

Change to this- As proven the San Andreas actually runs thru the sheltered away covered end. they must legally accept they are cheap shite.

Morton are now legible for an EU Grant.

OOOps hold on a minute!!!!