And then there was one....Theresa May

Bud the Baker

I guess the difference is that the people opposed to this legislation were a minority of the SNP parliamentary group whereas they were the majority of the Tories. In 2014 when the legislation was passed at Holyrood 52 SNP MSP's voted for and only 6 against whereas for the Tories it was 7 for and 8 against (I wonder how Ruth Davidson felt about this, who knows maybe she'd have been happy at the prospect of saving money at the Reception).

Throughout my life the Tories have been the least socially progressive of the major parties and I see no prospect of it changing.

As usual it would be easier to accept your condemnation of other people's homophobic opinions if you're weren't so ready to abuse anyone whose opinions differ from your own.

I'm not airing a view on gay marriage though or on homophobia. I'm simply showing the irony of a Nationalist highlighting the voting record of Theresa May as homophobic when many with the party he supports appear to have very similar views. Indeed former SNP leader Gordon Wilson claimed Alex Salmonds attempt to push through a Gay Marriage bill was akin to Fascism.

If you want my personal opinion on the subject Im glad Salmond got his way and May didn't. I've no idea why anyone would want to get married these days anyway, when there are clearly better options but if gay couples want to suffer marriage they certainly shouldn't be stopped.

Oh and I can't let your last statement pass without comment. The Conservatives for all their reported prejudices were the first to elect a female leader of their party and to get her the PM job.

13 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I'm not airing a view on gay marriage though or on homophobia. I'm simply showing the irony of a Nationalist highlighting the voting record of Theresa May as homophobic when many with the party he supports appear to have very similar views. Indeed former SNP leader Gordon Wilson claimed Alex Salmonds attempt to push through a Gay Marriage bill was akin to Fascism.

If you want my personal opinion on the subject Im glad Salmond got his way and May didn't. I've no idea why anyone would want to get married these days anyway, when there are clearly better options but if gay couples want to suffer marriage they certainly shouldn't be stopped.

Oh and I can't let your last statement pass without comment. The Conservatives for all their reported prejudices were the first to elect a female leader of their party and to get her the PM job.

.......and I'm just pointing out that you're a hypocrite.

On 11/07/2016 at 11:59 AM, Stuart Dickson said:

Me obviously emoji3.png. She'll be superb. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Black & White Army mobile app

Her track record is appalling. You would support a chocolate egg if it stood or balanced as Prime Minister. Unelected and she had the cheek to criticise Labour when Brown replaced Blair. 

20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Neither of you has the decency to present a balanced argument by mentioning that May herself told Gordon Brown that he should call an election under entirely the same circumstances.

1 hour ago, shull said:

She is not unelected. 

The Conservatives were elected at the last General Election. 

Unlike the last female Tory PM this one seems quite willing to turn....................

What a splendid day,

Britain does all that pomp and ceremony doodah thingy just brilliantly.

Outgoing PM sees the Queen, then Incoming PM visits the Queen also.

Great tradition 

Just bloody magic.

PROUD TO BE BRITISH

Just now, shull said:

What a splendid day,

Britain does all that pomp and ceremony doodah thingy just brilliantly.

Outgoing PM sees the Queen, then Incoming PM visits the Queen also.

Great tradition 

Just bloody magic.

PROUD TO BE BRITISH

Out and out blue nose :rolleyes:

Ah yes, we now have Boris "piccaninnies and watermelon smiles" Johnson in charge of the UK's international relations.

I can scarcely imagine a more absurd chapter in the politics of this withered, doomed union. Why anyone would want to be associated with it is absolutely beyond me.

I could live with my country being the laughing stock of the world, but what folk need to realise is that this is a thoroughly nasty, pernicious, and corrosive period in our history.

Stop the bus, I want aff!

Edited by Drew

Ah yes, we now have Boris "piccaninnies and watermelon smiles" Johnson in charge of the UK's international relations.

I can scarcely imagine a more absurd chapter in the politics of this withered, doomed union. Why anyone would want to be associated with it is absolutely beyond me.

I could live with my country being the laughing stock of the world, but what folk need to realise is that this is a thoroughly nasty, pernicious, and corrosive period in our history.

What an over the top pile of pish. Boris Johnson will be fine in the job. He's already a well known and popular figure around the world and he's bound to be better than Jack Straw.

46 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

What an over the top pile of pish. Boris Johnson will be fine in the job. He's already a well known and popular figure around the world and he's bound to be better than Jack Straw.

Why doesn't it surprise me to see you attempt to defend the wingnut. Two peas from the same maxi-pod.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

While I agree with your sentiments it makes sense for May - her and Hammond were both Remain supporters (if not particularly high profile :rolleyes:) so she's got to balance it by giving a top job to someone from the Leave camp - and while Johnson is not as dumb as he makes out this'll keep him inside the tent pissing out as LBJ said.

Gove while possibly more popular with MP's than Johnson doesn't have the same grassroots support Johnson has - same old, same old politix!

Boris Johnson. Foreign Secretary. FFS. Nothing further needed. Bumped into him, literally, once at Wembley. An ignorant fcuktard who couldn't even muster the decency to say 'sorry' as he barged into and past me at 100mph on his way into a corporate jolly at an NFL game. 

Three words now chill me to the core... English. Conservative. Politicians.

I agree with Drew.

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

While I agree with your sentiments it makes sense for May - her and Hammond were both Remain supporters (if not particularly high profile :rolleyes:) so she's got to balance it by giving a top job to someone from the Leave camp - and while Johnson is not as dumb as he makes out this'll keep him inside the tent pissing out as LBJ said.

Gove while possibly more popular with MP's than Johnson doesn't have the same grassroots support Johnson has - same old, same old politix!

I agree with this. He's been given a top job, but he's also been shrewdly sidelined when it comes to Europe. David Davis is the Secretary of State for Leaving the EU - a man who is a very capable and serious politician will be handling one of the most important aspects of the Foreign Secretary job. Johnston has shown up well in the past in dealing with Chinese and US politicians and I'm sure he'll continue to shine. 

I agree with this. He's been given a top job, but he's also been shrewdly sidelined when it comes to Europe. David Davis is the Secretary of State for Leaving the EU - a man who is a very capable and serious politician will be handling one of the most important aspects of the Foreign Secretary job. Johnston has shown up well in the past in dealing with Chinese and US politicians and I'm sure he'll continue to shine. 

Boris is a complete arse ..the yanks are pissing them selves at this f.k wit and the new pm..read on the Internet they v been watching carry on films to find out what these inbred Tories are all about.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Black & White Army mobile app