The Masses Are Indeed Asses

shull

OMG! That is a top quality rant right there. [emoji38]
"Stealing from the sick and the poor"

"People have actually suffered and died for this"

Hilariously over the top. I needed cheering up. Thanks [emoji38]

I'm afraid he's right. Lamara Bell for one. The SNP spin team were quick to put the blame on Police Scotland but it was SNP policy to hire 1000 new police officers without providing the necessary funding. Cuts had to be found to meet the pledge. Those cuts were made in the call centres and as we now know that created a situation where an experienced off duty police officer doing overtime in the call centre, where he hadn't been trained to use the systems took, and ignored, the initial call reporting the accident.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I'm afraid he's right. Lamara Bell for one. The SNP spin team were quick to put the blame on Police Scotland but it was SNP policy to hire 1000 new police officers without providing the necessary funding. Cuts had to be found to meet the pledge. Those cuts were made in the call centres and as we now know that created a situation where an experienced off duty police officer doing overtime in the call centre, where he hadn't been trained to use the systems took, and ignored, the initial call reporting the accident.

Away and dont be daft Lamara Bell died because the driver of her car couldnt drive properly.

Personal responsibility Stuart. Parrsonal responsibility.

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Away and dont be daft Lamara Bell died because the driver of her car couldnt drive properly.

Personal responsibility Stuart. Parrsonal responsibility.

No she didn't. She was injured because of the driving. She was actually still alive when the emergency services got to her three days after the crash. She died in hospital on the fourth day. 

You need to face up to the facts here. It was the direct implications of SNP policy that led to her death. And in a very similar way you can point to a number of other deaths at the new Queen Elizabeth Hospital as being completely avoidable had it not been for the fact that the SNP were so desperate to build a flagship hospital with so many failings. I showed you recently a report on the state of crash barriers on our main motorways in Scotland caused by the SNP government neglect of existing road infrastructure as they chased "glamorous" new vanity projects. Nosferatu is absolutely right. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

No she didn't. She was injured because of the driving. She was actually still alive when the emergency services got to her three days after the crash. She died in hospital on the fourth day. 

You need to face up to the facts here. It was the direct implications of SNP policy that led to her death. And in a very similar way you can point to a number of other deaths at the new Queen Elizabeth Hospital as being completely avoidable had it not been for the fact that the SNP were so desperate to build a flagship hospital with so many failings. I showed you recently a report on the state of crash barriers on our main motorways in Scotland caused by the SNP government neglect of existing road infrastructure as they chased "glamorous" new vanity projects. Nosferatu is absolutely right. 

So you are saying the boyfriend who decided to drive the car off a completely empty road in perfect driving conditions was less to blame than the Scottish Government? No chance.   :lol:

You are also wrong about motorway barriers.

If people drove properly they wouldnt be required just as they are not required on thousands of miles of other roads where the speed limit is 60 mph and cars pass within 3 feet of each other.

People cant drive. No government can do anything about that without banning everyone.

Personal responsibility Stuart.

Oh and if you want a REAL vanity project look no further than the waste of money on a Trident weapon system we can never use. Maybe you or nosferatu can come back and tell us how many people are suffering and dying as a result of scarce and badly needed money being squandered to ensure the UK gets to enjoy the odd visit from the US president?

How many lives are being lost over this Stuart?

The hospital you mention cost £1 billion to build. Trident is upwards of £100 billion. If the hospital cost is causing deaths surely Trident should have you outraged?

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS

There's a programme of barrier replacement underway, along with overhead gantry replacement, along with a new forth crossing, Aberdeen by pass, duelling of the A9, completing the M8, M73/74/8 interchange works to stop trucks having to drive through Lanarkshire villages.
There's been decades of underinvestment in Scotlands trunk roads.
Thankfully the current government are addressing this.

Sent fae ma fone

24 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Are you really excusing a situation that meant our emergency services took 3 days to respond?

I am saying that personal responsibility is the foundation of a civilised society. Without it we have the entitlement culture which breeds dependency and the poisonous chip on the shoulder pish which holds our country back.

An example?

Some twat drives his car into a field, the emergency services allow an untrained and unsupervised employee handle the 999 call, the record is lost for three days and the girlfriend dies.

The Dickson Solution (patent pending) is as follows: sack the First Minister and call an immediate general election. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I am saying that personal responsibility is the foundation of a civilised society. Without it we have the entitlement culture which breeds dependency and the poisonous chip on the shoulder pish which holds our country back.

An example?

Some twat drives his car into a field, the emergency services allow an untrained and unsupervised employee handle the 999 call, the record is lost for three days and the girlfriend dies.

The Dickson Solution (patent pending) is as follows: sack the First Minister and call an immediate general election. :lol:

And you're solution absolves any government of any blame ever. Never mind the safety net we all pay taxes for. If you're house gets burgled, well it's your own f**king fault for having stuff. If a girl gets raped it's her fault for looking attractive. If your house goes on fire, it's your fault for not having checked the electrics. If you're sitting in a car and the driver crashes, it's your own fault for being passenger in a car where the driver made a mistake. Why bother funding the police, ambulances or fire services? Why bother with hospitals, or with schools, colleges or universities? Personal responsibility, isn't it Oaksoft? Indeed why bother with tax at all? Why bother with politicians? Why have a parliament at all? 

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

And you're solution absolves any government of any blame ever. Never mind the safety net we all pay taxes for. If you're house gets burgled, well it's your own f**king fault for having stuff. If a girl gets raped it's her fault for looking attractive. If your house goes on fire, it's your fault for not having checked the electrics. If you're sitting in a car and the driver crashes, it's your own fault for being passenger in a car where the driver made a mistake. Why bother funding the police, ambulances or fire services? Why bother with hospitals, or with schools, colleges or universities? Personal responsibility, isn't it Oaksoft? Indeed why bother with tax at all? Why bother with politicians? Why have a parliament at all? 

Did you actually attempt to equate a guy who directly caused his girlfriend's death because he drove appallingly, with a girl being raped because she was attractive?

You are scraping the barrel here.....

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Did you actually attempt to equate a guy who directly caused his girlfriend's death because he drove appallingly, with a girl being raped because she was attractive?

You are scraping the barrel here.....

I was highlighting the absurdity of your point. Lamara Bell was a passenger in the car. She didn't crash it, yet she died. And she died four days after the accident BECAUSE the police failed to respond to a call from a member of the public. Even the public investigation into the crash has highlighted the failure within Police Scotland and despite the shameful attempt by the SNP to lump all this onto Stephen House's shoulders it's quite obvious that it was flawed SNP policy that was the underlying factor. 

6 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I was highlighting the absurdity of your point. Lamara Bell was a passenger in the car. She didn't crash it, yet she died. And she died four days after the accident BECAUSE the police failed to respond to a call from a member of the public. Even the public investigation into the crash has highlighted the failure within Police Scotland and despite the shameful attempt by the SNP to lump all this onto Stephen House's shoulders it's quite obvious that it was flawed SNP policy that was the underlying factor. 

Did the public inquiry conclude that the SNP were to blame for this girls death?

Did the inquiry say the driver was blameless?

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

No, but I think it blamed the salesman for selling the car to the driver, the showroom for employing the salesman, Arnold Clark (or whoever) for opening a showroom where it was, the car manufacturer for making the car, ..., and finally an imaginary deity for making the universe.

There you go, it's all the sky fairy's fault.

Oh, wait, no it never. :)

TBF I think the car manufacturer shares some blame here.

Imagine not introducing a safety device which realises the car is being driven by Coco the Clown and automatically shuts down the engine.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why Stuart isn't blaming them as well.

Guest TPAFKATS
TBF I think the car manufacturer shares some blame here.

Imagine not introducing a safety device which realises the car is being driven by Coco the Clown and automatically shuts down the engine.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why Stuart isn't blaming them as well.

This safety device - I think I've seen it, the doors all fall off?

Sent fae ma fone

Guest TPAFKATS

Only attractive girls get raped?

Monday morning and already dicko has set a very low bar even by his own standards.

Sent fae ma fone

46 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

Only attractive girls get raped?

Monday morning and already dicko has set a very low bar even by his own standards.

Sent fae ma fone

It also suggests complete ignorance on his part about what rape is all about.

Perhaps he still thinks it is about sex rather than power and control.

His comment about "attractive girls" seems to betray an inner ignorance so staggering that I am tempted to pass his details to a Rape charity to give them the opportunity to educate this utter nugget of a human.

It also suggests complete ignorance on his part about what rape is all about.

Perhaps he still thinks it is about sex rather than power and control.

His comment about "attractive girls" seems to betray an inner ignorance so staggering that I am tempted to pass his details to a Rape charity to give them the opportunity to educate this utter nugget of a human.

Sure. While you're at it remember and send them through your posts from this forum suggesting that Lamara Bell should take personal responsibility for her death because she was a passenger in car where the driver crashed, where a witness reported it to the police, and where because of Scottish Government Policy and the fact untrained staff were manning emergency call centres it took 3 days for anyone to respond.

I know who looks like the biggest nugget and it ain't me

Dylan Jenkin was found guilty of causing death by dangerous driving. 

The victim was 33 year old Nurse, Jill Pirrie. 

The 'joyriding' cnut was sentenced to 6 years inside. 

And the strangest sentence was that he is banned from driving for 7 years. 

Meaning only one year ban from driving. 

Why doesn't the driving ban start once he has left Prison? 

Sure. While you're at it remember and send them through your posts from this forum suggesting that Lamara Bell should take personal responsibility for her death

If you can point me to a post where I said that SHE was to blame then I would be very surprised.

I am pretty sure I explained several times that the BOYFRIEND and his inability to drive was the root cause of her death.

The responsibility lies with him and him alone. If he had driven properly there would have been no accident and no death.

You cannot say that with certainty about any other person you are blaming.

After your disgusting rape comment I can't believe you are now trying to claim that I believe Lamara was responsible for her own death. This is risible stuff even from you.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you can point me to a post where I said that SHE was to blame then I would be very surprised.

I am pretty sure I explained several times that the BOYFRIEND and his inability to drive was the root cause of her death.

The responsibility lies with him and him alone. If he had driven properly there would have been no accident and no death.

You cannot say that with certainty about any other person you are blaming.

After your disgusting rape comment I can't believe you are now trying to claim that I believe Lamara was responsible for her own death. This is risible stuff even from you.

She survived the accident. What she didn't survive was being left for 3 days by the emergency services. And now you are trying to deflect onto the rape stuff, because you know you've made a ridiculous statement about personal responsibility and it doesn't hold up. The PIRC investigation is with the Attorney General and prosecutions are likely. Even Nicola Sturgeon has admitted her part in the failings. Only you think the only person culpable was the boyfriend in that whole sorry story. However since you are so big on personal responsibility, since it's clearly the fault, at least in part, of the SNP government failings, I'm sure you'll be happy to take personal responsibility for the death of Lamara Bell since you voted for the shower of shysters. 

As for the rape stuff, I've never raped anyone. I've never felt the inclination to rape anyone. I have never claimed to be an expert on rape, or on what makes people rape others. So on that I'll defer to your "expert" knowledge and experience. :rolleyes:

I have never claimed to be an expert on rape, or on what makes people rape others. 

Sturgeon did not admit liability for the death of that girl FFS.

Oh and the above doesn't surprise me. You are not an expert on anything. Maybe you should educate yourself a bit more on things like this before you make typically brainless comments about "attractive" girls being rape targets.

On 7 August 2016 at 1:40 PM, shull said:

The driver can't be blamed, he was a loveable rogue. 

Aye, that nice he didn't need a licence or insurance , but like his fab rogueness, he was a cracking driver as well. Just didn't get the need to get a licence hey hoh.   But it's the road builders and police's fault they expired in the car right enough.