Goody the Legend at Alloa Athletic Thread

shull

15 minutes ago, saintstroller said:

Saturday result against Hamilton has cost us big time. Really can't see us beating Edinburgh city by 4 goals.

dam im sure your right...how shite are we not beating a Premiership team

5-0 against Edinburgh puts us throu..if not?...fill your boots

6 minutes ago, Jaybee65 said:

Forgive me for not jumping on the Alex Rae is brilliant bandwagon but our performances in this sequence of games doesn't fill me with hope, don't think he knows our best 11 or formation. These games should be used to make sure when we play Morton that we are fully prepared, that's not happening. Before u start to abuse me for my opinion please remember it is only my opinion

:D read this in the form of Zoolander...

dam im sure your right...how shite are we not beating a Premiership team

5-0 against Edinburgh puts us throu..if not?...fill your boots

I never expected the team to go out and beat a premiership team but Im talking about the score line 3-0 that could of cost us due to the goal difference

Just now, saintstroller said:

I never expected the team to go out and beat a premiership team but Im talking about the score line 3-0 that could of cost us due to the goal difference

saintstroller...sometimes shite happens...take it in your stride...

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Deary me. Just looked at the tables. We are currently the bottom ranked 2nd placed team on 6 points.

We have no chance without a heap of results going our way.

Even if we had lost 1-0 it would have been tight.

Time to focus on the league.

No way.

There is a chance to qualify,

Deary me. Just looked at the tables. We are currently the bottom ranked 2nd placed team on 6 points.

The league hasnt started yet though.
Its challenges like this that puts you in good stead for the start of the league.

Sent from my D6603 using Black & White Army mobile app

If we win by 4 goals on Saturday and finish 2nd, we will definitely have more points than the 2nd placed teams in Groups A and B.

As you say though, whether we would have a better points/goal difference than those in another 2 groups........ maybe not.

Maybe Edinburgh City will do us a favour tonight! [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G928F using Black & White Army mobile app

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's not quite as doom and gloom as that. If we beat Edinburgh by 4 goals, we'll have a better record than the 2nd place teams in groups A and B, regardless of other results.

We will need to rely on two of the other 5 groups results going our way as follows.

If we win by 4 more than QoS and 1 more than Killie, we will have better records than those two teams. In detail:

If either United (v Dunfermline) or Inverness (v Arbroath) fail to win, we'll have a better record than the 2nd place team in group C.

If Raith fail to beat Alloa, we'll have a better record than the 2nd placed team in group D.

If Queen of the South fail to beat Stenhousmuir (or if we win by 4 more than QoS), we'll be above the 2nd placed team in group E.

If Motherwell fail to beat Stranraer, we'll be abover the 2nd placed team in group F.

If either Morton (v Berwick) or Kilmarnock (v Albion Rovers) fail to win their last game, or if we win by 1 more goal than Killie, we'll be above the 2nd placed team in group H.

Still all to play for...

2 hours ago, shull said:

My heid is sore again. 

Just blow Edinburgh City away. 

By at least eight. 

I think you might be right about needing 8. Certainly anything around the 6 mark keeps it in our hands but there is no way we are gng to inflict that sort of damage on anyone.