Hamilton Accies v St Mirren League Cup Group G 23/7/16

shull

Well that was shit. A really disappointing performance. Only tactic was a high ball. We were constantly caught in possession and refused to shoot when we had a sight of goal. Accies scored two from outside the box. We had many similar opportunities but kept passing wide. Why? Accies deserved their victory, no doubt about it. But I do not think have seen a game where opposition players were constantly holding our players in the box with absolutely no sign of a penalty.

Too slow in movement was the biggest concern today.

15 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If you get a chance, try and see Donati's goal.

It was sublime.

It was but we should have cleared the ball before he got the opportunity. We seemed afraid to turn on the "dummy grass". AND. The linesman nearest us must have been watching the game on the radio. At 2-0 we should have had a penalty. The keeper also ran outside the penalty area with ball in hand which should have meant a direct free kick and a booking. To mention a couple.

Edited by stlucifer

Dont care who is in charge.
3-0 against Hamilton is embarrassingly bad.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Black & White Army mobile app

The gaffer would seem to agree with you.

Just watched his post match interview.

The phrase pure ragin' doesn't even come close.

No excuses. Not good enough.
He will tell them what he wants... If the players do not respond then they are dropped... Even if that leaves an imbalance in the shape of the team!

I like the cut of his jib!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Black & White Army mobile app

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

The gaffer would seem to agree with you.

Just watched his post match interview.

The phrase pure ragin' doesn't even come close.

No excuses. Not good enough.
He will tell them what he wants... If the players do not respond then they are dropped... Even if that leaves an imbalance in the shape of the team!

I like the cut of his jib!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Black & White Army mobile app

Raging right enough... Think there will be a few of them well and truly told over the next couple of days!!

I can't understand why he's raging.

We should be treating the game as pre-season exercise and everything will be fine for the start of the season don't you know...............:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF
smilie inserted to make tone of post more obvious

Interesting that rae eluded to "certain players" from last year who aren't yet up to standard this year" guessing he means mallan and Gallagher who were both awful today . One thing that really concerned me today and on Tuesday night was how easily our central midfield was overrun which is a huge concern for season ahead , perhaps we need to rethink the 442 system as a lot of other teams are playing 5 across the middle , perhaps a hard centre midfielder should be rae's priority , Hutton doesn't look to be this sort from what I have seen of him

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Cant agree that Langfield got pass marks. His kicking is dreadful and the ball continually came straight back into our half as a result. 

The entire first half he placed the ball on the left side of his 6 yard box, instructed everyone to head to the left side of the field and the thumped the ball down the middle or to the right where on Gallagher was positioned.

Apart from one kick where he had ball in hand and sent Morgan on an attack his kicking was dreadful and put us immediately under pressure.

Edit to add - don't know why I was quoting Sonny, have tried to delete but can't. Will PM Shull for a tutorial.

Edited by davidg

Alex Rae is a winner and he's right to be raging - we shouldn't be getting pumped 3-0 by Hamilton end of. Think players will have to earn their place in the team and which ain't a bad thing.
Onwards and upwards ....... hopefully !
COYS !

Interesting that rae eluded to "certain players" from last year who aren't yet up to standard this year" guessing he means mallan and Gallagher who were both awful today . One thing that really concerned me today and on Tuesday night was how easily our central midfield was overrun which is a huge concern for season ahead , perhaps we need to rethink the 442 system as a lot of other teams are playing 5 across the middle , perhaps a hard centre midfielder should be rae's priority , Hutton doesn't look to be this sort from what I have seen of him

He won't think twice about dropping Mallan or Gallacher.

Wouldn't surprise me if Rae signed another central midfielder even with Rocco coming back into the fold soon.

49 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I can't understand why he's raging.

We should be treating the game as pre-season exercise and everything will be fine for the start of the season don't you know...............

Yeah, I thought there was a contradiction there.

Last week he told us the players were 60% / 70% and he wasn't a fan of playing competitive games at this time. Tonight he's laying into the players for not performing at the level they were at last season; the same 11 players he started on Tuesday in stifling conditions when today's opponents had a break.

Seems OTT to me but maybe that's his man-management for the players he wants improvement from. Certainly wouldn't work on all players.

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 7:17 PM, Bud the Baker said:

This is the real test - up against top flight opposition.

Like Stu says above I can see Rae making a few changes for this game based on the assumption that we will beat Edinburgh City and at worst be assured of a last 16 place in the Cup as a best placed runner up.

Ouch! Not so much the result as the margin, which I didn't anticipate - our equal worst since AR took charge.

I guess we'll just have to go for it against Edinburgh City and hope other results go our way.

Never a dull moment...................

Edited by Bud the Baker

24 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Yeah, I thought there was a contradiction there.

Last week he told us the players were 60% / 70% and he wasn't a fan of playing competitive games at this time. Tonight he's laying into the players for not performing at the level they were at last season; the same 11 players he started on Tuesday in stifling conditions when today's opponents had a break.

Seems OTT to me but maybe that's his man-management for the players he wants improvement from. Certainly wouldn't work on all players.

He was laying into them for not following instructions and also alluded to the fact that as a group he will continue to encourage them.

Man management can also include a rocket up the arse at times... and if he has seen practices that he does not like... such as shirking tackles, then he is well within his rights to boot an erse or two before building them up again.

No contradiction at all.

Poor Gary Irvine had an absolute nightmare today. Morgan wasn't helping him much, but he was pretty much to blame for at least two of the goals. Nobody else was much better though to be honest. I actually thought Hamilton were quite good, especially Donati, whose goal was an absolutely sublime finish.

Reality check for us anyway. We were too soft, poor in possession and didn't take our chances when they did come. Much improvement needed.