Stevie Mallan

17 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The club should come out with a statement if Mallan is not going. Will also be gutted if he moves to Hibs which will make me question why bother with fans ownership.

The speculation is based on a tweet by a BBC reporter, which was backed up by a reporter from The Sun. I don't even think it was in any of the papers today.

There may well be some truth to the rumour.

I'm sure Alex Rae will make some sort of comment on the matter tomorrow, even if it is to say that there's no substance to the rumour at all.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Well, by any measure we got a better turn out of McGinn than we did out of Torffasson. John not only played more games for us than him but he also won something. Unless Mallan moves this window, which I would say was fairly unlikely, he will also play more games than Gunni.

I think it's easy to get the rose tinted specs on when looking into the past. The reality is things haven't changed much for us since the early 90's. As has been mentioned, the worst transfer deal in our history was Paul Lambert.

Can just imagine the meltdown on here about that if BAWA was going back then!

McGinn did win something... as did Guni... my heart.

Aww shucks. B)

45 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The club should come out with a statement if Mallan is not going.

No they shouldn't.

24 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure Alex Rae will make some sort of comment on the matter tomorrow, even if it is to say that there's no substance to the rumour at all.

No he shouldn't.

4 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

No he shouldn't.

Did I say that he should make a comment? :nerd

The fact that Rae has already rubbished Dundee's bid for Mallan would suggest that he may make comment on this "bid" even if it is to dismiss it out of hand.

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So why not ?

It's one tweet picked up by one journalist and some nonsense on P&B.  A statement by the Club or the Manager would turn it in to something it's not. Such statements would encourage further speculation and more stories, and on and on and on ................................ ?  The Manager spoke about Dundee's bid for Mallan - that was different. This "rumour" should be ignored. If ever there is another bid for Mallan then by all means make comment but don't react to a non-story.  That way madness lies?

37 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The speculation is based on a tweet by a BBC reporter, which was backed up by a reporter from The Sun. I don't even think it was in any of the papers today.

There may well be some truth to the rumour.

It was in the Hootsmaon although it should be called The Hibernian these days ....

Hibs eye Mallan

HIBERNIAN have been linked with St Mirren midfielder Stevie Mallan, according to reports.

The 20-year-old is under contract at St Mirren until the summer of 2018 but Hibs could offer cash plus a player in a bid to push the deal through.

Dundee have already had a bid of £75,000 turned down. (BBC Sport Scotland)

It's one tweet picked up by one journalist and some nonsense on P&B.  A statement by the Club or the Manager would turn it in to something it's not. Such statements would encourage further speculation and more stories, and on and on and on ................................ ?  The Manager spoke about Dundee's bid for Mallan - that was different. This "rumour" should be ignored. If ever there is another bid for Mallan then by all means make comment but don't react to a non-story.  That way madness lies?

I have been contacted by my Hibs mate asking about Mallan it's in the Hibs forum. Between that and all other sound bites means it's out there, public so something from the club would be good.

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I have been contacted by my Hibs mate asking about Mallan it's in the Hibs forum. Between that and all other sound bites means it's out there, public so something from the club would be good.

Why did he contact you? :lol:

Sound bites? FFS, yeah , the club should respond to every piece of nonsense that's flying around from no-one in particular. :lol:

Just now, rabuddies said:

Se what I mean about stories growing - it's on a Forum? The Scotsman says "according to reports" - what reports?  There are no other reports.  Somebody's fishing and if the Club comments then they've got a bite.

But when it is 'out there' it can unsettle the player, the squad and the fans. If its shit then dismiss it.

He can go for 400k nothing less. That rules out every team bar the old firm in Scotland. Selling him to anyone else in Scotland for anything less questions the validity of ralston too. Why bother with it I'd it doesn't make you money? Lee Edwin went for 500k from motherwell and that's a realistic valuation on a player we have under contract

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, NeilPar72 said:

Hearing he is Dundee bound.

If so, that is very disappointing. Selling to shite like Dundee is the world we live in, but that realisation doesn't make it any more palatable.

Edited by Drew

47 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Who said he going. If he does let's forget the play off this year and let's stop having any ambition. I'm fed up watching us give away our best talent. I really hope this is not true

You don't really get it do you?

We're a diddy team in a diddy league who simply cannot afford to knock back a decent offer for ANY player.

Not many teams can in Scotland and if you can't get this you really do need to step out of the past and into the reality that is out current situation, and always has been.

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
So there you have it were a Diddy team. You have said it all. Ambition zero

With the exception of the sectarian sisters, I'm struggling to think of a team in Scotland that isn't a diddy team.

Even the ugly sisters are diddy clubs in the wider scheme of European football.