Tom Walsh

Because we need good players who would not otherwise come here?

I guess it depends on how good he is. Last season we brought in and played Paul McMullan and then did the same with alex Cooper. Neither offered much but did stop us playing our own youngsters which may have helped or curtailed their development. I guess none of us will know exactly what affect those two signings had on Lewis Morgan. Did it annoy and demotivate him or motivate him to work harder?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Black & White Army mobile app

Just now, Hambud said:

I guess it depends on how good he is. Last season we brought in and played Paul McMullan and then did the same with alex Cooper. Neither offered much but did stop us playing our own youngsters which may have helped or curtailed their development. I guess none of us will know exactly what affect those two signings had on Lewis Morgan. Did it annoy and demotivate him or motivate him to work harder?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Black & White Army mobile app

Those are the risks you take.

I dont know how much choice we have.

Just had a chat with a Rangers supporting mate who rates this boy highly.

We're not in a position to refuse this sort of deal, haven't been for many years and ultimately results are what matters.

If he plays well AND we're winning, the slight "stealth" moans that have already appeared will disappear.

The majority of supporters are reasonably content with the way the manager has built our current squad, time will tell how long that will last. 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Why are we developing Rangers players for them?

Makes you wonder why many clubs have taken St Mirren youngsters on loan over the last few years. Oh, I know... those clubs got the services of decent players with something to prove and both parties gain something from the loan deal.

Edited by pozbaird

Why do folk keep banging on about Lewis Morgan's chances?

If Morgan is good enough to be in the team then he will be. If he isn't then he won't be.

As has already been said when we sign young loan players from other clubs they invariably get a start before our own. Morgan could have had six month's more experience under his belt if we had not played McMullan instead. Do not think many would argue that Morgan looked at least as good as McMullan but never got half the chances to play.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

As has already been said when we sign young loan players from other clubs they invariably get a start before our own. Morgan could have had six month's more experience under his belt if we had not played McMullan instead. Do not think many would argue that Morgan looked at least as good as McMullan but never got half the chances to play.

if Morgan had showed in training that he was better than McMullan then I'm sure he'd have been in the side

who cares about how much experience he has?

he can either play or he can't

I don't think experience makes a blind bit of difference

Mo Camara was a very experienced player when we signed him