Great News For Scottish Jobs

Stuart Dickson

On topic, quite glad to find out this morning that my local MP - Marion Fellows - was one of 4 SNP MP's who refused to be goose stepped into the voting chamber to toe the SNP dictators anti prosperity for Scottish Workers line on this vote. 

Another lie. All SNP MPs voted against. In fact, all Scottish MPs except the one Conservative did. Your MP was a Teller i.e. she checked the numbers voting for Trident but her vote was counted as against. Who are the others, then? And demonstrate it instead of spouting shite.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-mp-vote-renewing-trident-8445858

11 minutes ago, Mykey said:

31 billion capital spend plus what they call maintenance costs (unlimited but thought to be 150-200 billion over 20 years) all contracts (capital and maintenance are with private US companies.

sent from my Samsung using the black and white army app so please excuse the predictive text mistakes

FFS

Never mind aw that baloney. 

Whit's tonight's Team? 

52 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Picture the argument being presented here by some of the dafties. They want to tackle "poverty" and "low paid jobs" in Scotland by telling a major employer offering high paid jobs that we don't want them here and that we'd rather have them all work in yet another Amazon Distribution Centre. Only a really daft Nationalist would present such an absurd argument.

For someone who is usually very quick to criticise the public sector, you seem content that a significant number of these jobs fall into that category.

I live in the Faslane 'catchment area' - or immediate blast zone, if you prefer - and have many neighbours who work for the MoD. A good number of them are quite open and brazen about the amount of overtime they get paid to sit on their arses, play pool, or even sleep.

Aye, four foreign holidays a year, flash cars in the drive etc, etc, and all paid for from the public purse. But hey, better than them working in Amazon, eh?

Another lie. All SNP MPs voted against. In fact, all Scottish MPs except the one Conservative did. Your MP was a Teller i.e. she checked the numbers voting for Trident but her vote was counted as against. Who are the others, then? And demonstrate it instead of spouting shite.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-mp-vote-renewing-trident-8445858

The Guardian reported 52 SNP MP's voted no. Mines is not on the list

Scottish National Party MPs against – 52:
Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh (Ochil & Perthshire South), Richard Arkless (Dumfries & Galloway), Hannah Bardell(Livingston), Mhairi Black (Paisley & Renfrewshire South), Ian Blackford (Ross, Skye & Lochaber), Kirsty Blackman (Aberdeen North), Phil Boswell (Coatbridge, Chryston & Bellshill), Deidre Brock(Edinburgh North & Leith), Alan Brown (Kilmarnock & Loudoun), Dr Lisa Cameron (East Kilbride, Strathaven & Lesmahagow), Douglas Chapman(Dunfermline & Fife West), Joanna Cherry (Edinburgh South West), Ronnie Cowan (Inverclyde), Angela Crawley (Lanark & Hamilton East), Martyn Day (Linlithgow & Falkirk East), Martin Docherty(Dunbartonshire West), Stuart Donaldson (Aberdeenshire West & Kincardine), Margaret Ferrier (Rutherglen & Hamilton West), Stephen Gethins (Fife North East), Patricia Gibson (Ayrshire North & Arran), Patrick Grady (Glasgow North), Peter Grant (Glenrothes), Neil Gray(Airdrie & Shotts), Drew Hendry (Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey), Stewart Hosie (Dundee East), George Kerevan (East Lothian), Calum Kerr (Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk), Chris Law (Dundee West), Callum McCaig (Aberdeen South), Stewart McDonald(Glasgow South), Stuart McDonald (Cumbernauld, Kilsyth & Kirkintilloch East), Anne McLaughlin (Glasgow North East), John McNally (Falkirk), Angus MacNeil (Na h-Eileanan an Iar), Carol Monaghan (Glasgow North West), Dr Paul Monaghan (Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross), Roger Mullin (Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath), Gavin Newlands (Paisley & Renfrewshire North), John Nicolson (Dunbartonshire East), Brendan O’Hara (Argyll & Bute), Kirsten Oswald (Renfrewshire East), Steven Paterson (Stirling), Angus Robertson(Moray), Alex Salmond (Gordon), Tommy Sheppard (Edinburgh East), Christopher Stephens (Glasgow South West), Alison Thewliss (Glasgow Central), Mike Weir (Angus), Dr Eilidh Whiteford (Banff & Buchan), Philippa Whitford (Central Ayrshire) Corri Wilson (Ayr, Carrick & Cumnock), Pete Wishart (Perth & Perthshire North)

I am wrong. I forgot that the SNP have already had to suspend two of their MP's cause of their apparent indiscretions. But there are 54 SNP MP's. The Guardians sums add up so Fellows and one other didn't vote with the SNP Dictatorship.

Yes they did, you're wrong. The tellers votes are counted.

Apart from the token Conservative, every single one of Scotland's MPs, of every party or of none, voted against. Which part of that is hard to comprehend?

I'll answer my own question, the "democratic" nature of it is hard to understand. By any definition of "democratic" that I know of, anyway.

Numbnuts is putting his fingers in his ears and going "Na , na, na" on this one, sufficient to remind me why I try not to engage with him. I'm out.

I'll answer my own question, the "democratic" nature of it is hard to understand. By any definition of "democratic" that I know of, anyway.

Numbnuts is putting his fingers in his ears and going "Na , na, na" on this one, sufficient to remind me why I try not to engage with him. I'm out.

Lol. Democracy is where the majority wins. The majority of UK MP's at the House of Commons voted to renew Trident. The version of democracy you appear to understand is the kind we saw in the old Reichstag which was fortunately consigned to history many years ago. Even your former leader at the SNP has described the way the SNP leadership works today as Fascist.

Guest TPAFKATS
How much is this actually costing us, and where is all the money being spent?

PM May was asked 4 or 5 times during the debate, she didn't answer.

Sent fae ma fone

Lol. Democracy is where the majority wins. The majority of UK MP's at the House of Commons voted to renew Trident. The version of democracy you appear to understand is the kind we saw in the old Reichstag which was fortunately consigned to history many years ago. Even your former leader at the SNP has described the way the SNP leadership works today as Fascist.

Words fail me. So I won't bother, make your own minds up, folks.

35 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

£260 billion over the next 20 years.

Isn't that Sky's new deal with the English Premier League? The amount Sellik fans think Rodgers should be given? Warburton's war chest? Hard to know these days.

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh (Ochil & Perthshire South), Richard Arkless (Dumfries & Galloway), Hannah Bardell(Livingston), Mhairi Black (Paisley & Renfrewshire South), Ian Blackford (Ross, Skye & Lochaber), Kirsty Blackman (Aberdeen North), Phil Boswell (Coatbridge, Chryston & Bellshill), Deidre Brock(Edinburgh North & Leith), Alan Brown (Kilmarnock & Loudoun), Dr Lisa Cameron (East Kilbride, Strathaven & Lesmahagow), Douglas Chapman(Dunfermline & Fife West), Joanna Cherry (Edinburgh South West), Ronnie Cowan (Inverclyde), Angela Crawley (Lanark & Hamilton East), Martyn Day (Linlithgow & Falkirk East), Martin Docherty(Dunbartonshire West), Stuart Donaldson (Aberdeenshire West & Kincardine), Margaret Ferrier (Rutherglen & Hamilton West), Stephen Gethins (Fife North East), Patricia Gibson (Ayrshire North & Arran), Patrick Grady (Glasgow North), Peter Grant (Glenrothes), Neil Gray(Airdrie & Shotts), Drew Hendry (Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey), Stewart Hosie (Dundee East), George Kerevan (East Lothian), Calum Kerr (Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk), Chris Law (Dundee West), Callum McCaig (Aberdeen South), Stewart McDonald(Glasgow South), Stuart McDonald (Cumbernauld, Kilsyth & Kirkintilloch East), Anne McLaughlin (Glasgow North East), John McNally (Falkirk), Angus MacNeil (Na h-Eileanan an Iar), Carol Monaghan (Glasgow North West), Dr Paul Monaghan (Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross), Roger Mullin (Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath), Gavin Newlands (Paisley & Renfrewshire North), John Nicolson (Dunbartonshire East), Brendan O’Hara (Argyll & Bute), Kirsten Oswald (Renfrewshire East), Steven Paterson (Stirling), Angus Robertson(Moray), Alex Salmond (Gordon), Tommy Sheppard (Edinburgh East), Christopher Stephens (Glasgow South West), Alison Thewliss (Glasgow Central), Mike Weir (Angus), Dr Eilidh Whiteford (Banff & Buchan), Philippa Whitford (Central Ayrshire) Corri Wilson (Ayr, Carrick & Cumnock), Pete Wishart (Perth & Perthshire North)

You are one really sad person - I've told you before - get some help!

Loads of skilled workers in the Engineering sector will be saying the same thing Top Cat. We can all be hugely grateful that at least some politicians are trying to keep skilled high wage jobs in Scotland. If it was down to the SNP the base would have been replaced by an Amazon Distribution Centre and loads of minimum wage jobs to keep the low paid in Scotland downtrodden. 

2 hours ago, tony soprano said:

160d1e254615b5d525497c3db0eda96e.jpg

Sent fae ma fone

I've never thought of Jackie Baillie as a serious politician but she's right. It's not just 520 jobs, a decision like this one boosts businesses right across the whole central belt. It boosts confidence in the local economy. Instead of having well paid workers worrying about their job security they now know their jobs are safe. The renewal of Trident is fantastic news for the whole of Scotland. The only people who are miserable about it are the ones with an anti Scottish political agenda where they need to keep people in poverty and destitution whilst blaming it all on London. Thankfully Theresa May clearly cares more about the wealth of Scots and the state of the Scottish economy than the SNP does. 

Get a fukin life..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Black & White Army mobile app

• 3 weeks later...