St Mirren v Edinburgh City League Cup Group G 30/7/16

shull

Just now, shull said:

Aye, 2 shite Teams who managed to score 14 goals

But both got f**ked out of the competition !! Two Premier teams lost out to teams from lower divisions.  & in the case of Dundee from TWO teams TWO leagues below them !!!    So i`m sorry , battering seven goals in today counts for hee haw !!!!

44 minutes ago, shull said:

Perfect chance today

Should have scored 10.

Unfortunately we were as shite as our strips.

And I never seen the Accies match.

Witnessed that nonsense today though.

Shut up about the strips. You are becoming tedious to say the least. Poor outcome today but better to come, hopefully.

Some of our fans are such f**king morons. It's breathtaking at times to be honest. Yeah, it's a real disgrace winning 3-0 today. Obviously it's disappointing not going through, but f**king hell, we hammered that mob.

The big difference between the first half and the second was that they learned their lesson a bit and worked a lot harder to close down the midfield. And they took Beattie off who was a waste of a jersey. Yeah, Mallan looked good in the first half when he was given the freedom of Paisley to do what he wanted. He completely disappeared when they got in his face a bit and closed down the space. Clarkson going off didn't help either. He was excellent in the first half, held the ball up brilliantly, dropped back to link the midfield, won headers and basically made us better. People who whine about his lack of mobility can be safely filed in the idiot drawer as he covered every blade of grass today when he was on and him and Shankland should be absolutely nailed on for next week.

Another boo boy target in waiting, Hutton, basically was our midfeild in the second half after Mallan pulled his disappearing act. Do people just decide what they are going to see before they turn up and then stick with it no matter how stupid they end up looking?

Next week i think we should go with the first half team, but Langfield in goals and Irvine at left back, and I'm pretty sure we will.

The new format makes the situation look worse as its an early exit. Had it been the old knockout it wouldnt look so bad if we knocked out Edinburgh, then livi and ayr only to lose in what would have been a tricky plastic trip to a prem side closer to xmas.

Not the worst situation. Roll on league and the real start to the season.

Unbelievable statement from so many.

REAL START TO THE SEASON NEXT WEEK  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then tell me .....

WHAT THE F*CK WAS THE 17th MARCH 2013 ALL ABOUT ? 

The League Cup is a National Trophy and we made a complete arse of it

Edinburgh City were there for a bleaching,

We should be in the Draw today

Shameful performance yesterday.

Tannoy & Strips are shite tae.

Edited by shull

8 hours ago, dblue said:

Shut up about the strips. You are becoming tedious to say the least. Poor outcome today but better to come, hopefully.

FTFY 

Post of the year right here.  Shull = Tedious Who'd have thought it.:shockaroony

ETA:booty:double

Edited by insaintee

Rae taking off Clarkson and Shankland was a bad call. It was treated by our manager as a friendly he wanted Sutton and Hardie to get game time as why else would he have changed it. Shankland and Clarkson were doing well but when they left we never really looked likely. Poor call from gaffer

11 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Clearly Rae got things badly wrong.Taking off Shankland and Walsh were big mistakes.We had still 30mins to score a fourth goal which would have taken us into the next round.Clearly we did not need four defenders on the pitch and would have gone 3-4-3.Despite Stewart having a decent first half I don't think he ever got into the opponents half in the second.Stewart off and Hardie on would have seen us safely into the next round.This was a really poor team we were up against and there are no excuses for our failure to score in the second half.City were a bunch of part-timers who only managed two hours training at Riccarton on Thursday Evening after their exertions against Accies on Wednesday.Yes I am upset I really wanted to progress in this Cup which remember we won in 2013. I trust the manager and his players are as upset as I am.

FFS" Clearly Rae got it badly wrong" I despair,honestly, 31 July ,we had hardly started preseason.Stewart had an excellent game yesterday.As we were always in Citys half did it not make sense to have someone pacy hang back to pick up the loose clearance,which he did and while Webster and co were still up there he quickly whipped the ball back in.

Hutton , while not being the prettiest to watch,did an amazing amount of work breaking up play, all the dirty jobs ,someone has to do it.I would have taken just Clarkson off and brought Hardie on, not because he played badly, but he is a wee bit older.

Oh aye and 3-0 --- 9 points out of 12 ,what if we do that in the first 4 league games.

Clearly Rae got things badly wrong------------ will that be your opening gambit then??????

At h/t I reckon EC realized the game was gone and maybe looking at the group situation they reckoned the best option was to go for damage limitation and decided to sit back even deeper, we didn't really respond - there were a lot of loose balls which they got to first simply by strength of numbers. Um, dare I say we needed an on-field leader like Quinn (or Goodwin :zipit) to push our defence/midfield and get more in their faces.

No-one was really  prepared to do the dirty work yesterday and until Quinn comes back it's something we're lacking.

Edited by Bud the Baker

33 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Don't rise to him he's doing some shameless post building. The reason for it escapes me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Black & White Army mobile app

Reason being, watching that lot yesterday wearing that all white monstrosity is like watching another Team groundsharing St Mirren Park. 

That looked nothing like my Club although the fitba was the same usual shit. 

My daughter is luckily away for weekend and missed that disgrace yesterday. 

She phoned earlier and asked if we won. I said we did. She replied that was great and asked when the Draw was. 

I didn't have the heart to give her an answer. Just told her we will have a McDonald's when she gets back. 

And she's paying. 

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

At h/t I reckon EC realized the game was gone and maybe looking at the group situation they reckoned the best option was to go for damage limitation and decided to sit back even deeper, we didn't really respond - there were a lot of lose balls which they got to first simply by strength of numbers. Um, dare I say we needed an on-field leader like Quinn (or Goodwin :zipit) to push our defence/midfield and get more in their faces.

No-one was really  prepared to do the dirty work yesterday and until Quinn comes back it's something we're lacking.

Indeed, that's what I thought. Edinburgh City were fiercely determined not to lose that second half and fought like tigers. 

Whereas our jessie haired  and booted pretty boys and full time professional football players totally shat and bottled it.