Morgan

Absolutely scintillating. 

What an outstanding performance last night. 

Could have the Player and Young player Awards wrapped up very soon. 

What length of Contract is he on? 

Dinnae want him going anywhere. 

Need to beware of hatchet men trying to do him though. 

Just last year, he still looked like a wee boy out on the wing. He clearly had talent, but looked some way off the finished article.

Since developing his physique, he literally looks like a different player.  Very much looking forward to Lewis cementing that left wing berth as his own, and terrorising defences this season.

He was outstanding last night, and, critically, his manager acknowledged as much. This is his season.

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

Since developing his physique, he literally looks like a different player.  Very much looking forward to Lewis cementing that left wing berth as his own, and terrorising defences this season.

Rae said in his interview after that Lewis bulked up last season when he was out injured.

It'll be a big test for him this season. There will be word out about him now and plenty of defenders who will look to go through him early in the game. 

6 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Worth mentioning that we've got also got Kyle McAllister coming up in that position.

Despite being 2 years younger, he looks like he might already be there physically.

Its great to have options. We've now got them in all areas of the pitch, though if Quinn's injury is a bad one, sitting midfield could be an issue.

Ayr more or less doubled up on him for the whole 2nd half last night, and they still couldn't get near him. Those 2 on the right for Ayr will be having nightmares about Lewis.

As good an individual performance from a Saints winger as I've seen in a long time. You could feel the excitement in the crowd every time he got the ball.

Excellent. A very exciting prospect.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Just last year, he still looked like a wee boy out on the wing. He clearly had talent, but looked some way off the finished article.

He was outstanding last night, and, critically, his manager acknowledged as much. This is his season.

Last year he was (rarely) in a team of other wee boys stepping up, or trying to, from U20 with the help of Thommo, Goodwin and er Gow. Last year's team had no confidence. This year he's part of an experienced, physical, tall, and fit team. Last year he also looked as if he was expected to do defensive duties as a major part of his role... which don't look to be his strength. Last night when it was clear he had the beating of teh Ayr United team it was clear that we were keen to get the ball on the deck to him and let him run at their defence. I'm sure scoring against The Rangers and Livingston will have boosted his confidence as well as being listed in the starting XI rather than a sub being given 15 minutes to get into a game and do something.

The other point to make is the benefit that someone like that has on the shape of the rest of the team. He'll pull defenders and midfielders wide, creating space for the likes of Mallan and Gallagher/Walsh on the other side. Allows us to mix up the play, go short or long; hit the channels or ping it down the middle.

I have taken time on commenting on Lewis and his recent performances.What I have to say is we have a real talent on our hands and the first thing our new Board must do is extend his current contract.At Stenhousemuir he made a real impact when he came on in the second half.At Livingston he had a smashing game.Well last night he was quite simply electrifying.In my over 60years of supporting Saints I don't think I have witnessed a real winger who can dribble with such pace and cross with both feet.I just had to congratulate him after the match and shook his hand and told him he has a big future if he continues to improve and turn in displays like last night.Good luck Lewis you made rather a dull game turn into something special indeed.

Had high hopes for him just from the glimpses I saw at the end of 2014/15 and start of 2015/16 but last night he was superb. Rarely lost possession, his runs either ended in a cross, a pass or us getting a free-kick. Once word gets out about him I expect defenders to kick lumps out of him even more than Ayr did last night.

Needs a new contract sooner rather than later.

Edited by Stu

44 minutes ago, Stu said:

Had high hopes for him just from the glimpses I saw at the end of 2014/15 and start of 2015/16 but last night he was superb. Rarely lost possession, his runs either ended in a cross, a pass or us getting a free-kick. Once word gets out about him I expect defenders to kick lumps out of him even more than Ayr did last night.

Needs a new contract sooner rather than later.

Don't think they got anywhere near him, to quick.

• 2 weeks later...