Ryan Hardie

Welcome aboard Ryan. Good player but like most on here I would have preferred a hard tackling ball winning midfielder. Hamilton show how lacking we were in those positions. But I think that's ur lot folks. Budget is gone. Be surprised if anymore money can be found.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Black & White Army mobile app

48 minutes ago, TopCat said:

What did the manager say about Mallan?

He threatened to drop players who weren't playing at the level they were last season. Based on his performance on Saturday, it was thought maybe Mallan was one of them.

I don't really see how he could drop a central midfielder, to be honest. We are a bit light there: Mallan, Quinn and Hutton are the only recognised central midfielders in the first team squad, and Quinn is injured. 

He threatened to drop players who weren't playing at the level they were last season. Based on his performance on Saturday, it was thought maybe Mallan was one of them.

I don't really see how he could drop a central midfielder, to be honest. We are a bit light there: Mallan, Quinn and Hutton are the only recognised central midfielders in the first team squad, and Quinn is injured. 

We may be light for cover but his biggest gripe was tge midfield not closing down players and players pulling out of tackles.

It angered him to the extent where he said if it happened again players would be dropped even if it meant sending out a team with an unbalanced shape.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Black & White Army mobile app

Yeah, I was thinking he was referring more to Gallagher and Irvine and the rest of the defence.

I do not think we need a ball winning midfielder but a creative midfielder. On Saturday the midfield had a decent amount of the ball but did sweet fa with it besides run into the opposition. Gallagher on the right contributed zero which did not help, leaving Mallan and Hutton to cover the central midfield themselves against some decent Accies midfielders and Donatti who sprayed the ball about in a fashion we could only dream of. If we play two wide men they will have to work a hell of a lot harder than they did on Saturday - they are not wingers but attacking midfielders which means they also have to get involved in the midfield. We know what Morgan can do so when he is tearing up the park we need others to help to cover gaps. Some football brains required and not brawn in my opinion.

Welcome to the madhouse Ryan :)

Edit to Add: For all the abuse he took on Saturday I thought Imrie had a decent game. Worked hard all over the midfield but run into space when needed and took his goal well and shot on sight. Something our wide men could learn from.

Edited by Sonny