Ryan Hardie

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Means nothing when the player isn't interested

A talented player who appeared didn't want to be here

I expect him to be a different player at Raith

I kinda agree with you but want to pose a coupla questions

• why did he appear so uninterested for the bulk of his time here even when "true blue" AR was in charge? 
  • why was he marginalized by Ross after starting against Dundee Utd. & Hibs (the top two in the division)?

my point is there's plenty of calls to get rid of this dud and that dud but and most that do go (like Hutton) will likely take a step downwards (at our expense) but Hardie has moved to a club above us in the league who apparently view his period with us as an aberration.

I would be wary of signing a player who can play for the parent club's U20 side again - I always wondered if it was too easy for him to agitate for a move back rather than concentrating on making his stay with us a success.

Ideal result today - big Raith win followed by a 20 point deduction for Hardie being ineligible! :)

Edited by Bud the Baker

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I kinda agree with you but want to pose a coupla questions

• why did he appear so uninterested for the bulk of his time here even when "true blue" AR was in charge? 
  • why was he marginalized by Ross after starting against Dundee Utd. & Hibs (the top two in the division)?

my point is there's plenty of calls to get rid of this dud and that dud but and any that do go will likely take a step downwards (at our expense) like Hutton but Hardie has moved to a club above us in the league who apparently view his period with us as an aberration.

I would be wary of signing a player who can play for the parent club's U20 side - I always wondered if it was too easy for him to agitate for a move back rather than concentrating on making his stay with us a success.

Ideal result today - big Raith win followed by a 20 point deduction for Hardie being ineligible! :)

You can kind of understand why Hardie was disheartened.

He probably thought he was going to have a similar experience to his time at Raith. i.e. first pick every week and loads of goals.

Unfortunately, due to various circumstances, he encountered a very difficult time, which, he didn't cope very well with.

I know for a fact (through a fellow blue bigot youth player) that he was unhappy during his time there.

As a Saints supporter you would have hoped that he would have responded more positively and knuckled down, but he's a young player and I'm willing to cut him some slack.

He's a decent player and I'm sure he'll do well at Raith, but hopefully not against us.

9 hours ago, FTOF said:

You can kind of understand why Hardie was disheartened.

He probably thought he was going to have a similar experience to his time at Raith. i.e. first pick every week and loads of goals.

Unfortunately, due to various circumstances, he encountered a very difficult time, which, he didn't cope very well with.

I know for a fact (through a fellow blue bigot youth player) that he was unhappy during his time there.

As a Saints supporter you would have hoped that he would have responded more positively and knuckled down, but he's a young player and I'm willing to cut him some slack.

He's a decent player and I'm sure he'll do well at Raith, but hopefully not against us.

Didn't realise he was a Saints fan.

Makes things even harder to understand.

When Hardie signed he said he is a striker who likes running on to balls hit beyond the last defender and was sure he could score us some goals.

My recollection is we played him at right midfield for most of his time, and he got one or to games at a time and dropped to the bench and then the experiment was repeated, with the same results when Jack Ross arrived.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Given the chairman said we have too many strikers who cant all get a game, and now we have offloaded/lost one, why is Ross trying to sign more? Who is paying the wages for these guys to sit on the bench or not even make the matchday squad?

Maybe Ross wants to play two up top instead of the one we have at the moment and felt what we have currently doesn't allow for that.

Factor in that Clarkson seems to be dropping deeper as a player (whether that by design or necessity at present) then it's not that difficult to comprehend.

4 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Maybe Ross wants to play two up top instead of the one we have at the moment and felt what we have currently doesn't allow for that.

Factor in that Clarkson seems to be dropping deeper as a player (whether that by design or necessity at present) then it's not that difficult to comprehend.

It is difficult to comprehend when the chairman cited having too many strikers not able to get a start unbalanced the squad as a main reason for sacking Rae. It seems continually confusing what is 'The Plan' as it changes on a day to day basis.

8 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Didn't realise he was a Saints fan.

Makes things even harder to understand.

Sorry, I phrased that badly.

I meant that "me" or "us" being saints supporters, that we would have hoped he'd have knuckled down.

I don't think Hardie is a Saints fan.

5 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

When Hardie signed he said he is a striker who likes running on to balls hit beyond the last defender and was sure he could score us some goals.

My recollection is we played him at right midfield for most of his time, and he got one or to games at a time and dropped to the bench and then the experiment was repeated, with the same results when Jack Ross arrived.

He played several games alongside or just in behind Sutton.

Edited by FTOF

• 2 years later...

It’s incredible that we almost ended up in the Championship relegation play offs in 16/17 when you consider the calibre of player we had on the books:

Naismith, Baird, Mackenzie, Magennis, Mallan, McAllister, Morgan, Shankland, Hardie.

We’d be hoping for top 6 this season if we currently had all that lot on the books!

Edited by Wendy Saintss

14 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

It’s incredible that we almost ended up in the Championship relegation play offs in 16/17 when you consider the calibre of player we had on the books:

Naismith, Baird, Mackenzie, Magennis, Mallan, McAllister, Morgan, Shanland, Hardie.

We’d be hoping for top 6 this season if we currently had all that lot on the books!

Fair points Wendy S