Fife Cheats V Saints 24-9-2016 - Live on TV

FTOF

I've been reluctantly revising what I think our realistic targets are for this year. Always thought that Hibs or Dundee United would probably win the title due to resources but had genuine hope that we could make up the four with Falkirk and take our chances in the play offs.

Its still early days but thats looking a bit like cloud cuckoo land now. QoS and Raith Rovers look much stronger than us - didn't see the Raith game but by all accounts they hammered us and Queens dominated us in a home game. Falkirk looking ok in 4th leaves us looking at matching last years 6th place as best outcome. Don't want to be defeatist but can't see any better than that unless something radical happens.

Even to get to the lofty heights of 6th is going to require us to win games like Dunfermline away. Defeat there will leave us a minimum of two points adrift at the bottom of the league after seven games with Falkirk and Dundee United left to complete the first quarter of the season

Alex Rae and the team need to find some way to work together and get the ship steadied or something will have to give - its going to be hard to pick up points at home against United and Falkirk.

Whatever our ambitions for the season - play-offs (:)), mid table or survival - next weeks game already has the look of "must win"

Edited by southsidebud

3 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I looked for this game when the fixtures came out as one i'd like to go to. I can't go because i'm doing the Inverness marathon next week and i'm not even bothered. Feeling like that this early in the season just shows you how pathetic we are at the moment.

Watch the Match in an Inverness Pub and ask a local to translate. 

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

It's certainly an important game. Lose and we could be adrift at the bottom of the table already.

Dunfermline must be rubbish if they have the same amount of points as us though. Gus to lead us to a beautifully ugly 0-1.

Dunfermline missed 3 penalties in a 1-0 defeat to Dundee Utd