Fife Cheats V Saints 24-9-2016 - Live on TV

FTOF

1 minute ago, ScotstounSaint said:

They're playing at a level which Queens Park have always struggled at.

They struggled last season too. Finished 4th in League Two, scored only 46 goals - one of the worst totals in that division. 

I don't think MacPherson is any sort of answer. Especially if Gordon Scott is looking for someone who can put in place a system that will carry the club forward for the next 10 years. 

"We were very unlucky"  and "The players did everything I asked of them". Aye, very good McManus :lol:

Agreed, his post match comments were unbelievably off the mark, but from his point of view probably politically correct. Better interviewing the travelling fans and putting it on repeat play back to the players as they tuck into their beer n pizza.

Some so called supporters are an embarrassment to The Club . I could not believe the booing towards Webster just disgusting treatment not deserved I must say and embarrassing . Some people have short memories . Imagine travelling all the way to Dunfermline and behaving like that ! Anyone who does not think he's hurting at the fact we are bottom of the league  must be kidding themselves . Until we get everyone's support win lose or draw we are not going to turn the corner . I made the trip through but where was The Chairman ? No doubt some his pals will tell me in a few minutes . Anyway I hope Big Webster stays and turns it round 

Keep the heid folks - now's not the time for negativity, sarcasm and despair.

Most are agreed that the team has to be better than this - the potential is there for improvement.

This is hopefully our lowest ebb at present and the only direction of travel has to be upwards.

Whoever is appointed manager has a huge task on his hands and we, the fans, have a huge part to play in encouraging the players to turn things around on the park - the new manager can only do so much!

Now's not the time to destroy the confidence of the players with bitter criticism - they must know they are under-performing and they don't need us to tell them.

No surprise the scoreline really. Our defence is a joke. In John Sutton we have the 15-20 goal striker we craved, but what use is that when we ship so easily at the back?

We need a manager who can come in and build from the back. We need Gus MacPherson.

There is no way anyone would have guessed 7 goals , if you did you should be able to but Gordon Scott out with your winnings

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

They struggled last season too. Finished 4th in League Two, scored only 46 goals - one of the worst totals in that division. 

I don't think MacPherson is any sort of answer. Especially if Gordon Scott is looking for someone who can put in place a system that will carry the club forward for the next 10 years. 

MacPherson is only in the running because he is pals with Scott.  It would be a serious retrograde step to appoint him.  We need Gus MacPherson in the same way a fish needs a bicycle to paraphrase an old saying.

7 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Anyone who does not think he's hurting at the fact we are bottom of the league  must be kidding themselves

I'm certainly not kidding myself. He quite clearly doesn't give one single f**k and you can see it in his performances. Particularly at home to QOTS last week. The man isn't interested and the sooner he's without a strip on a Saturday the better.

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I actually thought we played more football tonight than the rest of the season combined.
The change of shape was a simple tweek crying out to be made and it helped us create chances.
What undid us was criminal neglect at the back for two of their goals and Hutton deciding to gift them a winner.

Pretty much this. 

If we can sort out that defence, we'll be fine. It's a tough ask though. Big changes needed, particularly at full back.

10 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Some so called supporters are an embarrassment to The Club . I could not believe the booing towards Webster just disgusting treatment not deserved I must say and embarrassing . Some people have short memories . Imagine travelling all the way to Dunfermline and behaving like that ! Anyone who does not think he's hurting at the fact we are bottom of the league  must be kidding themselves . Until we get everyone's support win lose or draw we are not going to turn the corner . I made the trip through but where was The Chairman ? No doubt some his pals will tell me in a few minutes . Anyway I hope Big Webster stays and turns it round 

I have never seen Webster upset when we lose. In fact I saw him laugh while sharing a joke with a Falkirk player last season after they had scored the winner in injury time :lol:

6 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Well even when we went 3-3 apart from Hutton' s mad mistake I knew we would concede again.I have absolutely zero confidence in that keeper.Jamie was a decent keeper you don't play all those games for the Dons unless yemoji464.png

I am not very keen on the keeper but the defence sold all the goals tonight, not him :huh:

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What a game! Very glad I was there. We came out with no points but to be honest, I would pay happily pay to watch this type of football and give credit to the players for putting in lots of energy and bring fully committed. 

Really ? you must have very low expectations.

Two very bad sides who struggled with the basics of the game. Passing to your own player, being able to head a ball forward rather than straight up and being able to trap a ball are the very least i would expect to see happen on a pitch for my £20

None of these attributes were on show much today.

Thought our shape and balance in the team was shocking. We seem unable to string more than 4 passes together and give the ball straight back. Have no confidence in Gallacher, stays on his line when he should come for the cross and when he does come off his line he is a bombscare, have a look at where he is in his goals when Hutton plays the ball, but playing behind that defence will not help his confidence.. 

Just now, The Real Zippy said:

Whoever gets the gig is inheriting a f**king shambles.

Rae has left us in a right mess

We have defenders who simply can't defend

Midfield slow and ponderous 

Up front is actually decent but they would need to score 5 to make sure we get at least a share of the points

Hutton played his only defence splitting pass of the season tonight he even looked up twice before playing it

2 year deal this man is on and i thought Carswell last season was the worst central midfield player i had seen wearing a Saints jersey

Gus McPherson won't be the man to sort this out

You need a defence first for him to make an impact,they are all dreadful

25 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Shull will be happy as we are heading towards being a part time club.

Horrific.

No I would not be happy.

Part Time is only feasible for us if the vast majority , if not all 40 Football Clubs in Scotland were Part Time also.

Although, if we dropped to League One being Part Time would be sensible.

Webster and Baird colliding with each other just after we'd equalised was a proper kick the cat moment! Unbelievable.

Hutton....the guy will be having a wretched night.

Defending was comical, but still it's so frustrating the inability of the midfield to get a hold of the ball and make passes. That is as big a problem.