Fife Cheats V Saints 24-9-2016 - Live on TV

FTOF

32 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Really ? you must have very low expectations.

Two very bad sides who struggled with the basics of the game. Passing to your own player, being able to head a ball forward rather than straight up and being able to trap a ball are the very least i would expect to see happen on a pitch for my £20

None of these attributes were on show much today.

Perhaps I have Callum. But goals aplenty. Some great, some not.

Webster and Baird colliding with each other just after we'd equalised was a proper kick the cat moment! Unbelievable.

Hutton....the guy will be having a wretched night.

Defending was comical, but still it's so frustrating the inability of the midfield to get a hold of the ball and make passes. That is as big a problem.

This is spot on. Midfield influence and control non existent. Hopefully the new manager will address this. God only knows but divine intervention may be required. We have players in that team that wouldn't get Sunday league football.

45 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Webster and Baird colliding with each other just after we'd equalised was a proper kick the cat moment! Unbelievable.

Hutton....the guy will be having a wretched night.

Defending was comical, but still it's so frustrating the inability of the midfield to get a hold of the ball and make passes. That is as big a problem.

After they let the ball bounce. 

f**king row z with it ! 

Shocking defending cost us tonight, I never seen the winning goal but the OG was unlucky. However, Baird at fault for the 1st and the defence was asleep for their 3rd. I thought that Quinn would have brought solidity  but we were wide open every time they came forward. Sutton must be gutted we looked decent going forward tonight and against QOS but there is no confidence at the back between the goalies and centre halves. Hopefully the new manager can build the confidence or we are in soapy 

Shit defending cost us as did not enough work rate from certain individuals. However the formation was a huge improvement and we tried to pass the ball which are 2 big pluses over what I have watched over the last 9 months. Onwards and upwards.

Edit to add: well done Alan McManus for changing things.

Plus points today - the bar at the ground was very good , Stevie Mallan played his best game so far , exciting game with goals .  

Minus points today - still no flicking win , school boy defending , the bar shut 10mins before kick off . 

One thing is for sure , the sacking of Rae was warranted. The performance today was probably the best so far this season although still poor .

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

It will take a lot more than a new manager to solve our problems. 

If you look at our defensive midfield & central defence.... You realise you can't polish a turd.

Your half right, but I can't help but think the change of manager made a difference today .

Aye , we lost , but we looked slightly more like a team . 

Get Davies in . 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Your half right, but I can't help but think the change of manager made a difference today .

Aye , we lost , but we looked slightly more like a team . 

Get Davies in . 

Have to agree, to disagree on this one. We shipped four goals against the only other team as bad as us. 

You cant win of you let poor sides ride you like a horse!

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Have to agree, to disagree on this one. We shipped four goals against the only other team as bad as us. 

You cant win of you let poor sides ride you like a horse!

We'll carry on conceding soft goals to mediocre teams until we get somebody in that's got half a clue. 

We also scored 3 today . A small plus point . 

9 minutes ago, munoz said:

We'll carry on conceding soft goals to mediocre teams until we get somebody in that's got half a clue. 

We also scored 3 today . A small plus point . 

Again, have to agree to disagree. What tonight showed is all our failings that even a team we scored three against could still turn us over drifiting through our heart with ease.

edit: agree the bar was good, £3.10 a pint, hot food counter, good service and no admission fee or membership doo-dah.... And it was stowed! Its still no rocket science.

Edited by Lord Pityme

2 hours ago, shull said:

Attendance 2732

User Actions
 Following
r6-yYuHo_bigger.jpgStewart Gilmour@StewartGilmour1

@saintmirrenfc @offtheballbbc Look at the attendance, SPFL get us out of this Alba contract, costing championship clubs a fortune.

I believe that they pay 5K a game. Now that's ok if you are talking about Berwick V Peterhead since 5K would be more than the gate money, but when it is the championship games and they lose more than 1000 paying fans it is time to tell them to F off. Next week against Falkirk will have a crowd of around 3000 instead of around 4000. Why was this deal ever agreed ?  :o

Just now, renfrew said:

I believe that they pay 5K a game. Now that's ok if you are talking about Berwick V Peterhead since 5K would be more than the gate money, but when it is the championship games and they lose more than 1000 paying fans it is time to tell them to F off. Next week against Falkirk will have a crowd of around 3000 instead of around 4000. Why was this deal ever agreed ?  :o

Funny how we here more about what the fans have always known after a certain mob have left the building...

now he wants to communicate!

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Again, have to agree to disagree. What tonight showed is all our failings that even a team we scored three against could still turn us over drifiting through our heart with ease.

edit: agree the bar was good, £3.10 a pint, hot food counter, good service and no admission fee or membership doo-dah.... And it was stowed! Its still no rocket science.

There aren't many plus sides to our current predicament , I only try to put a positive slant on things . 

Lets just hope the new manager can sort this mess out . 

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Funny how we here more about what the fans have always known after a certain mob have left the building...

now he wants to communicate!

BBC Alba is the worst thing that had even happen to the championship, but maybe it is tied in to the highlights of the SPL or whatever it is called now as well as their radio stations. On a game by game they cost most clubs in this league 10 of thousands every season which we will find out next week and when we play the Pars in November.

10 minutes ago, renfrew said:

BBC Alba is the worst thing that had even happen to the championship, but maybe it is tied in to the highlights of the SPL or whatever it is called now as well as their radio stations. On a game by game they cost most clubs in this league 10 of thousands every season which we will find out next week and when we play the Pars in November.

And the standard of production is dreadful. Grainy footage, and camera work that is presumably meant to be clever as it zooms in on the ball as the play is ongoing. Maybe they're trying to spare us having to watch the sub-standard football on show, but I tuned in to watch the game, not lengthy close ups of management teams, chairmen/CEOs, fans or even players while the ball is in play.

7 minutes ago, Kirkie said:

And the standard of production is dreadful. Grainy footage, and camera work that is presumably meant to be clever as it zooms in on the ball as the play is ongoing. Maybe they're trying to spare us having to watch the sub-standard football on show, but I tuned in to watch the game, not lengthy close ups of management teams, chairmen/CEOs, fans or even players while the ball is in play.

Lets face it, it's the only live football on a regular basis the bbc can afford. 

Why is anyone paying any attention at all to what Gilmour is saying on TV deals? In 2012 he was telling anyone who would listen that we needed Rangers in the top flight because without TV deals the club would be f**ked and in administration within months. Now he doesn't want any TV exposure at all for clubs in the Championship which not only showcases the game at this level, but also allows the club the opportunity to charge premium rates for certain advertising board positions because of the likely hood that they will be spotted during TV coverage of matches. 

5 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

but also allows the club the opportunity to charge premium rates for certain advertising board positions because of the likely hood that they will be spotted during TV coverage of matches. 

You must be due a rebate if you have paid for advertising behind the goal Saints are attacking!

Good to hear that you enjoyed Charlie D's and Legends before the game(names of the bars at the ground) before administration they were criminally underused and empty before and after the game, all changed when the fans started getting a voice. Good source of income now and it gets the fans together and generally just having a good time.