Fife Cheats V Saints 24-9-2016 - Live on TV

FTOF

41 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Huge step forward? Better football? Playing the ball on the deck? I take it your counting Huttons superb match winning pass? 

I've watched the game twice now. I can't see the positives that some are talking about. Someone said Mallan had a great game. Where? Not in the match I was watching. Time and time again his passes went astray and you'd catch him over carrying the ball and losing it cheaply to the opposition. What happened yesterday was that the two worst defences I've seen in a long time came up against each other and one managed to outdo the other with defensive mistakes. Dreadful stuff. 

It was dreadful stuff but still a huge step forward for anyone who has been regularly watching us under Rae with his 90 minutes of hoofball. Yesterday we created more chances than at any Away game I have watched under Rae. Yesterday I actually saw us play the ball on the deck now and then. Yesterday I saw Mallan playing in his best position and having some freedom. Yesterday I saw Naismith cross the half-way line. Yes, we are still dire but there is now something to work with.

Edited by Sonny

Having watched the game very closely it was a bit of a mixed bag.

Played some half decent stuff at times but, as has been well stated, our defence is an utter shambles.

There are some positives, which I'm sure have been there at times this season but our lack of organisation from the back is destroying any slight hope we have.

Quite why some supporters stated we have a good squad is beyond me and yesterday showed that Rae wasn't, as some continually made out, to blame for every fcuk up the team made.

Bet he had a wee smile yesterday. :rolleyes:

He was no doubt smiling with embarrassment at how 'well ' his players performed. He was hopeless and his leftover players by and large, cringeworthy. New man new hope, please. That last night offers very little hope of avoiding a relegation scrap. Simply has to improve.

2 hours ago, thetwang! said:

Mate there's 29 games to go. A lot of football still to be played.

You're right of course.  Just that last night I was absolutely furious about what I had watched.  But if we are to avoid the 3Liga then we have a lot of hard work ahead.

1 hour ago, scottd said:

You're right of course.  Just that last night I was absolutely furious about what I had watched.  But if we are to avoid the 3Liga then we have a lot of hard work ahead.

Same. Poor defending really pisses me off and last night was just shocking. I can't see where Linwood Buddie and others are coming from, beyond Suttons finishing I didn't see anything at all to cling to. St Mirren were f**king awful. There was even a point in the first half where Mallan couldn't pass the ball three yards to Andy Webster who was waiting to take a free kick. It was truly tragic stuff. 

Maybe those who wanted to see something positive last night are clutching at straws, keen to get any hope they can from their heroes. Personally I think any new manager coming in is going to have to work miracles to get this shambles back on track. 

12 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Same. Poor defending really pisses me off and last night was just shocking. I can't see where Linwood Buddie and others are coming from, beyond Suttons finishing I didn't see anything at all to cling to. St Mirren were f**king awful. There was even a point in the first half where Mallan couldn't pass the ball three yards to Andy Webster who was waiting to take a free kick. It was truly tragic stuff. 

Maybe those who wanted to see something positive last night are clutching at straws, keen to get any hope they can from their heroes. Personally I think any new manager coming in is going to have to work miracles to get this shambles back on track. 

Stu we are all allowed our opinions and that was mine , I don't agree with the majority of your posts but take it as your opinion ,and that's that really.

23 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Keep the heid folks - now's not the time for negativity, sarcasm and despair.

Most are agreed that the team has to be better than this - the potential is there for improvement.

This is hopefully our lowest ebb at present and the only direction of travel has to be upwards.

Whoever is appointed manager has a huge task on his hands and we, the fans, have a huge part to play in encouraging the players to turn things around on the park - the new manager can only do so much!

Now's not the time to destroy the confidence of the players with bitter criticism - they must know they are under-performing and they don't need us to tell them.

Well said , let's stick together on this . That includes our Chairman who could at the very least attended matches 

1 minute ago, Loyal Supporter said:

All I'm saying at a time like this especially when we had no manager present I would have expected him to be there . However he may well have been in talks with a possible new manager to be fair to him .

But you weren`t being fair to him. You made a stupid glib statement when you know f**k all about why he wasn`t at the game.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

But you weren`t being fair to him. You made a stupid glib statement when you know f**k all about why he wasn`t at the game.

So IVE not to have an opinion ? I thought this was a fans Forum ? So you seem well informed probably another board member posing as a supporter ! Is that true ? Anyway you seem to know so where was he ?

17 minutes ago, melmac said:

Its time Mallan and Hutton are dropped, both are truly awful. McKenzie (when fit) should be middle of the park with Quinn; mibi Irvine behind Baird or Webbie. I'd give Gallagher a go at left back, if / when fit.

Step away from the bong!

Simply put- If our new manager cant see what we can see then get your suntan ready for East Fife next season. We are bottom because we are easiest the weakest team in the Championship

That was appalling- Webster, Hutton and another crap goalie, who must have his shoelaces tied to the post, are not even Lowland standard.

Lets get this sorted- new manager needs to

Play a sweeper until we get to Jan Window......

Work out who plays with Sutton and get them living in each others shadow- stop changing the front line.... I would play Shankland

Play Mallan as a No8, higher up pitch and ban the long ball unless really necessary..

Our next 3 games in League- Bairms, Utd and Hibs away. On present Form that's 3 points after 10 games and that's relegation.

In saying that get a change- win 2  and we will be mid table.

My god this next apt is crucail.

its all schoolboy stuff,stop the crosses coming into box,as can't defend them and goalie dusna communicate,also u think a experience defender like Webster wld no to be getting tighter to the strikers,every time they was in our box you could have put the deckchairs out,absolute hundreds of room,diabolical for professional players,also a no hardie scored but he was rank,him and Sutton were like pen pals,miles apart,why shankland or Clarkson didn't get 20mins is staggering,a way a go home every Saturday now,

21 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Clown

Very disappointing and strange that of all the things I have said you seem to disagree with . This makes me think that your either on the board or close to someone who is ! The idea of this fand Forum is that fand and loyal supporters can view their opinions .

so it's my opinion that Alex Rae could have done a great job for us but people said he knew nothing and his tactical knowledge was nil ! The guy had a fantastic career and worked extremely hard to get where he did in the game . Not to mention that he played  under a lot of coaches and managers with big reputations so he had a good grounding . He wanted his team to be committed . That was always going to take time to find the correct players as SURELY we all agree that there has not been a lot of committed players for a lot of years , Jim Goodwin and 1 or 2 others excluded but no where near enough to be a properly committed team .

its also my opinion that Very soon you will see that money ( miraculously) will become available to buy players . Wait and see . Also we will be asked yet again to put more money in . Go read the accounts of The Club or ask someone with the correct knowledge To read them for you and you will be told that very soon money will need to come from somewhere to" plug a hole " wait and see . Just out of curiosity I note that no one commented on the fact that Steven Thomson ( I was a fan and credit him as being the best front post striker in Scottish Football ) smoked while playing for us and that Mark McAusland was only getting a game for years because his Father was on the board . Again surely these 2 issues are completely 1 . Unacceptable and 2 . Unprofessional ! Anyway I just hope the next manager gets the required backing from The Chairman that the previous one failed to get . I wouldn't want to be in the trenches OR in playing for survival with Gordon Scott on my side . I make no apologies for voicing my opinion 

8 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Very disappointing and strange that of all the things I have said you seem to disagree with . This makes me think that your either on the board or close to someone who is ! The idea of this fand Forum is that fand and loyal supporters can view their opinions .

so it's my opinion that Alex Rae could have done a great job for us but people said he knew nothing and his tactical knowledge was nil ! The guy had a fantastic career and worked extremely hard to get where he did in the game . Not to mention that he played  under a lot of coaches and managers with big reputations so he had a good grounding . He wanted his team to be committed . That was always going to take time to find the correct players as SURELY we all agree that there has not been a lot of committed players for a lot of years , Jim Goodwin and 1 or 2 others excluded but no where near enough to be a properly committed team .

its also my opinion that Very soon you will see that money ( miraculously) will become available to buy players . Wait and see . Also we will be asked yet again to put more money in . Go read the accounts of The Club or ask someone with the correct knowledge To read them for you and you will be told that very soon money will need to come from somewhere to" plug a hole " wait and see . Just out of curiosity I note that no one commented on the fact that Steven Thomson ( I was a fan and credit him as being the best front post striker in Scottish Football ) smoked while playing for us and that Mark McAusland was only getting a game for years because his Father was on the board . Again surely these 2 issues are completely 1 . Unacceptable and 2 . Unprofessional ! Anyway I just hope the next manager gets the required backing from The Chairman that the previous one failed to get . I wouldn't want to be in the trenches OR in playing for survival with Gordon Scott on my side . I make no apologies for voicing my opinion

8 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

We do have some flippin nutcases on this forum. :huh:

9 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

What are you doing up so late at night.Get some Horlicks down your neck.

1 hour ago, Loyal Supporter said:

I stand by my previous comment. Clown.