Fife Cheats V Saints 24-9-2016 - Live on TV

FTOF

8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Simply put- If our new manager cant see what we can see then get your suntan ready for East Fife next season. We are bottom because we are easiest the weakest team in the Championship

That was appalling- Webster, Hutton and another crap goalie, who must have his shoelaces tied to the post, are not even Lowland standard.

Lets get this sorted- new manager needs to

Play a sweeper until we get to Jan Window......

Work out who plays with Sutton and get them living in each others shadow- stop changing the front line.... I would play Shankland

Play Mallan as a No8, higher up pitch and ban the long ball unless really necessary..

Our next 3 games in League- Bairms, Utd and Hibs away. On present Form that's 3 points after 10 games and that's relegation.

In saying that get a change- win 2  and we will be mid table.

My god this next apt is crucail.

Pretty much this.

On watching that performance on Saturday then reflecting on our present place and short term prospects, it's as desperate as I can remember. That performance against Dunfermiline, themselves abysmally  poor, was a dire team performance. We have possibly two or three players when on form this season are offering up as decent enough for this level, the majority are dragging the team to even lower depths. Either a dramatic turn in man management is required , new players in , or we are rightly favourites for possible relegation. 

Things simply have to improve with the new manager. We are incredibly poor just now............:(

9 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Simply put- If our new manager cant see what we can see then get your suntan ready for East Fife next season. We are bottom because we are easiest the weakest team in the Championship

That was appalling- Webster, Hutton and another crap goalie, who must have his shoelaces tied to the post, are not even Lowland standard.

Lets get this sorted- new manager needs to

Play a sweeper until we get to Jan Window......

Work out who plays with Sutton and get them living in each others shadow- stop changing the front line.... I would play Shankland

Play Mallan as a No8, higher up pitch and ban the long ball unless really necessary..

Our next 3 games in League- Bairms, Utd and Hibs away. On present Form that's 3 points after 10 games and that's relegation.

In saying that get a change- win 2  and we will be mid table.

My god this next apt is crucail.

The behind the scenes issues are even more important . There is just no stability at the place . It all starts at the top and filters it's way down  . Stop thinking that the manager runs a football club . He is in charge of all team matters but if he's not getting proper support from the rest of his board then there will never be the togetherness that's required . For years now St Mirren have been disjointed and not enough discipline within the whole business . Would Sir Alex Fergusson have put up with Steven Thomson on TV having a go at a teammate ! NO CHANCE he'd have been slaughtered and humiliated in front of all his teammates for doing that and given a choice " do your tv work or play for St Mirren NOT BOTH .  Only observing from a distance it looked to me as though Rae and Farrell did not hide from issues and were fully prepared to take on anyone not pulling their weight but as IVE said before they seemed to be working under certain restrictions . Anyway if Gordon Scott gets his own man in lets hope he sticks with him and lets turn the corner . As I note someone pointed out 2 wins and we are mid table

Just watched the match. Team looked low on confidence, understandably. Lack of communication and people switching off in defence cost us. A settled back 5 would help this as would a fit Rocco Quinn getting a run of games. Though Sutton was brilliant and Naismith looked a lot better. The abuse of Hutton is a bit much, he's not the first midfielder to play a short backpass to a keeper, he looked devastated after it and it seems that he's getting abused because he's an ex Rangers player. The guy's morale is low as is most of the team, get behind them not on top of them.

Could have been so different if Sutton scores the third.......

4 hours ago, JJP said:

Just watched the match. Team looked low on confidence, understandably. Lack of communication and people switching off in defence cost us. A settled back 5 would help this as would a fit Rocco Quinn getting a run of games. Though Sutton was brilliant and Naismith looked a lot better. The abuse of Hutton is a bit much, he's not the first midfielder to play a short backpass to a keeper, he looked devastated after it and it seems that he's getting abused because he's an ex Rangers player. The guy's morale is low as is most of the team, get behind them not on top of them.

Could have been so different if Sutton scores the third.......

Good observation and constructive . If someone like GUS does come in that's probably what he'd do play a back 5 and ban back passes from wide positions just knock the ball out for a shy and take the abuse from crowd get a draw job done . Yes agreed why get on the guys back if he's x Rangers , Celtic or whatever he can do a decent job for us so get fully behind players .

Gus would come in and make us hard to beat, any new manager coming in would look to do the same. I thought the time was right for him to leave when he did, just that the board made poor appointments after Danny Lennon and we have gone backwards since. He could be the right man at the right time for us.

Correct I agree GUS will make us hard to beat but PLEASE no complaining that he plays negative football . He's not a manager who plays free flowing football but he gets everyone working and doing a specific job . He can and would save us but I bet he will want a " Bullet Proof " contract as he's going to be working alongside " DEADLY GORDON " Scott . He's done a fantastic job at Queen's Park where he has a secure position . So " DEADLY GORDON " will be working out his sums at the moment . Let's hope he works them out better than he did with getting us to buy the Club for his as he's got that one very clearly wrong