Fife Cheats V Saints 24-9-2016 - Live on TV

FTOF

we need rid of some of Rae's Rangers, Hutton gives away the winner, Webster picks himself as replacement for Mckenzie - he can't run at all not even in the warm up, Hardy apart from his goal is a passenger, he crapped out of a one on one with their keeper and should have been replaced with Shankland coming on after that cowardly decision, Gallagher hardly comes off his line, Walsh just about got pass marks yesterday but again after a couple of promising moves forward he started taking the ball forward beating his man then passes back to midfield. It's going to be a long hard job for a new manager and in my opinion we need to steer clear of anyone over 50 because they are to set in their ways and owe favours to too many people from their past. Rae has wrecked our team and it's time to start fresh with a younger man taking the reins and recruiting young players who can actually run and jump. Time for Darren Young and his assistant Billy Stark methinks.

Allan McManus comments on the official website, he must have been at a different game "small mistakes cost us" how small is a mistake that leads to us losing a goal ? i'd hate to see what he would call big mistakes. He does have a catchphrase though and "on another day" i might not be so harsh on him.

Edited after getting told off for a small mistake, but "on another day" i'll be right.

Edited by buddiecat
got told off.

5 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Allan McManus comments on the new official website, he must have been at a different game "small mistakes cost us" how small is a mistake that leads to us losing a goal ? i'd hate to see what he would call big mistakes. He does have a catchphrase though and "on another day" i might not be so harsh on him.

New site doesn't go live until later this afternoon bud?

I didn't see the second half but by all accounts we played better for a while but missed chances and conceded goals.

What I don't get is when you're 2-1 up away from home, you've just lost your central defender in MacKenzie who is replaced by no pace Webster. Why would you then play open football? It cost us 3 second half goals. We were awful in the first half but at least we kept them down to only one goal.

Surely the plan should have been to keep it tight at the back and hit them on the break? It sort of worked in the first half.

As I said I didn't see the second half so I may be off the mark.

2 minutes ago, Kendo said:

I didn't see the second half but by all accounts we played better for a while but missed chances and conceded goals.

What I don't get is when you're 2-1 up away from home, you've just lost your central defender in MacKenzie who is replaced by no pace Webster. Why would you then play open football? It cost us 3 second half goals. We were awful in the first half but at least we kept them down to only one goal.

Surely the plan should have been to keep it tight at the back and hit them on the break? It sort of worked in the first half.

As I said I didn't see the second half so I may be off the mark.

Early evening and f*cking blootered :D

we need rid of some of Rae's Rangers, Hutton gives away the winner, Webster picks himself as replacement for Mckenzie - he can't run at all not even in the warm up, Hardy apart from his goal is a passenger, he crapped out of a one on one with their keeper and should have been replaced with Shankland coming on after that cowardly decision, Gallagher hardly comes off his line, Walsh just about got pass marks yesterday but again after a couple of promising moves forward he started taking the ball forward beating his man then passes back to midfield. It's going to be a long hard job for a new manager and in my opinion we need to steer clear of anyone over 50 because they are to set in their ways and owe favours to too many people from their past. Rae has wrecked our team and it's time to start fresh with a younger man taking the reins and recruiting young players who can actually run and jump. Time for Darren Young and his assistant Billy Stark methinks.

Darren Young and Billy Stark? Are you having a laugh?

I would rather Gus back than those 2, we need an experienced head, now isn't the time to be taking any sort of gamble like Darren Young, madness.

The players are lacking a bit of confidence. We as fans need to get behind the team as a whole and support every player, even if they are playing poor. Slagging them off isn't the answer. We are in trouble just now and can't do anything to the squad until January.
Rae and whoever sanctioned Ben Gordon leaving wants his balls put in a drawer and slammed. Ludicrous idea especially when you sack him days later.

7 hours ago, Pars Fan said:

Good to hear that you enjoyed Charlie D's and Legends before the game(names of the bars at the ground) before administration they were criminally underused and empty before and after the game, all changed when the fans started getting a voice. Good source of income now and it gets the fans together and generally just having a good time.

Hats off to the Pars fans getting a voice and making sure these bars are run for the benefit and access of all. Good to hear they contributing extra income to the club.

Are you watching G. L. S ...?

are you watching GLS..?

Went straight out last night at full time - so just catching up on the aftermath now.

After a dreadful start we played well in patches. The defending put me mind of the Judean People's Front (Suicide Squad) especially the decider - what was Hutton thinking about! Although Gallacher wasn't blameless as he looked like he was woken from sleep when Hutton hit the ball back (instead of OUT).

If Sutton had taken his hat trick chance it might have ended differently for us, but as it stands we are now adrift.

PFJ.jpg

Having watched the game very closely it was a bit of a mixed bag.

Played some half decent stuff at times but, as has been well stated, our defence is an utter shambles.

There are some positives, which I'm sure have been there at times this season but our lack of organisation from the back is destroying any slight hope we have.

Quite why some supporters stated we have a good squad is beyond me and yesterday showed that Rae wasn't, as some continually made out, to blame for every fcuk up the team made.

Bet he had a wee smile yesterday. :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Played some half decent stuff at times but, as has been well stated, our defence is an utter shambles.

There are some positives, which I'm sure have been there at times this season but our lack of organisation from the back is destroying any slight hope we have.

Quite why some supporters stated we have a good squad is beyond me and yesterday showed that Rae wasn't, as some continually made out, to blame for every fcuk up the team made.

The formation (4-2-3-1) and tactics (try playing the ball on the deck now and then) meant yesterday was a huge step forward from Rae's rancid hoofball. Shit defending, lack of effort/interest/confidence were our downfalls however for the first time I see a wee spark of hope. Rae should not have been smiling but been a wee bit embarrassed that a guy with no senior management experience walked in and had Rae's team playing better football with more tactical awareness than he has shown over the last 9 months.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The formation (4-2-3-1) and tactics (try playing the ball on the deck now and then) meant yesterday was a huge step forward from Rae's rancid hoofball. Shit defending, lack of effort/interest/confidence were our downfalls however for the first time I see a wee spark of hope. Rae should not have been smiling but been a wee bit embarrassed that a guy with no senior management experience walked in and had Rae's team playing better football with more tactical awareness than he has shown over the last 9 months.

It would be more than surprising if we hadn't shown any positives throughout the season but if that's what you think, fire in. 

To put ALL the blame, and no sensible supporter would deny a manager hasn't an input into the game, shows a narrow view.

Someone posted recently that the mangers influence is actually very little when the players step over the line, believe what you like. 

Anyway, need to go, something better to do. :P

13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Huge step forward? Better football? Playing the ball on the deck? I take it your counting Huttons superb match winning pass? 

I've watched the game twice now. I can't see the positives that some are talking about. Someone said Mallan had a great game. Where? Not in the match I was watching. Time and time again his passes went astray and you'd catch him over carrying the ball and losing it cheaply to the opposition. What happened yesterday was that the two worst defences I've seen in a long time came up against each other and one managed to outdo the other with defensive mistakes. Dreadful stuff. 

I don't think the keeper communicates with his defenders and that's leading to all the confusion. Baird and Gallagher nearly had a repeat of the Hibs second goal with a mix up. The Hutton situation would've been sorted if the keeper told him to either play it away or turn away from goal instead of allowing himself to be an option.

3 minutes ago, Big Jake said:

I don't think the keeper communicates with his defenders and that's leading to all the confusion. Baird and Gallagher nearly had a repeat of the Hibs second goal with a mix up. The Hutton situation would've been sorted if the keeper told him to either play it away or turn away from goal instead of allowing himself to be an option.

Possibly. There's certainly a big problem in there. As I said yesterday St Mirren have two defenders who have been capped for Scotland, and another two who won Under 21 caps. Naismith was capped at every level up to Under 21's. So you've got to assume they weren't always shite and that they must have had some ability at some point in their lives. 

21 minutes ago, Big Jake said:

The keeper was also guilty of not coming off his line, or leaving it too late. Sadly, that is also a major fault in Langfield' s game.

Hutton's bungle was just ridiculous, though. If in doubt, etc!

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Rae is hugely to blame for our current misfortune.

He signed the majority of our current crop of players,  and in doing so, made up a hugely imbalanced squad. He then proceeded to continually try to play a formation that simply doesn't work with players he couldn't inspire to play anywhere near their capabilities.

His monumental f**k up has drained just about every player of any confidence, and what we saw yesterday is all down to his incompetence as a manager since the start of the season.

Unfortunately it takes more than a week to divest an ailing team of the "Rae effect".<_<