Filling in two of the corners at the stadium.

My thoughts: 

South East corner:- raised disabled section offering plenty of space for our supporters. (Club currently has 32 members of the disabled supporters club)

South West corner:- safe standing section.

The club could contact local businesses for sponsorship. I would imagine sponsorship of the South East corner would be snapped up fairly quickly with excellent PR.

The space under both these sections could be utilised in a variety of ways to benefit the club financial and to improve the match day experience for us.

8 minutes ago, repairman said:

My thoughts: 

South East corner:- raised disabled section offering plenty of space for our supporters. (Club currently has 32 members of the disabled supporters club)

South West corner:- safe standing section.

The club could contact local businesses for sponsorship. I would imagine sponsorship of the South East corner would be snapped up fairly quickly with excellent PR.

The space under both these sections could be utilised in a variety of ways to benefit the club financial and to improve the match day experience for us.

Too expensive and a non-starter since, as we've only had one 7000+ attendance since moving in, adding several hundred to the capacity as safe standing would be a white elephant.

ETA, the floodlights would have to be relocated...more expense.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

IMG_1469487878.562512.jpg

You could fill in the corners without increasing capacity very cheaply like hibs have done by building extra advertising space boards this would be a prime area for business to advertise and also I believe this is used as storage space in behind , could be an idea just to give the stadium less open feel and also provide extra revenue ...

I've had a good laugh at the "Lists of needs and wants" thread and some of this seems to have spilled over here.

The idea that the board are going to act upon every suggestion by the fans, who now think that they run the club, is quite amusing.

Sure, the board will be more accountable and the fans will have limited influence over the occasional decision that needs to be made, which is good.

I trust that the board will look at any suggestions, and based on their merit will try to adopt some, and correctly dismiss the idiotic ones out of hand.

Gordon Scott has run a hugely successful business and still earns more through business dealings than most of us , other than fatboy Mitty, can dream of.

There's no danger at all of the "lunatics running the asylum".

Edited by FTOF

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I've had a good laugh at this thread.

The idea that the board are going to act upon every suggestion by the fans, who now think that they run the club, is quite amusing.

Sure, the board will be more accountable and the fans will have limited influence over the occasional decision that needs to be made, which is good.

I trust that the board will look at any suggestions, and based on their merit will try to adopt some, and correctly dismiss the idiotic ones out of hand.

Gordon Scott has run a hugely successful business and still earns more through business dealings than most of us , other than fatboy Mitty, can dream of.

Correct.

The poster was simply making a suggestion. My only real criticism is that it perhaps didn't merit it's own thread, but aside from that?

Folk will always line up to mock. Its pretty sad, really.

32 minutes ago, Drew said:

Correct.

The poster was simply making a suggestion. My only real criticism is that it perhaps didn't merit it's own thread, but aside from that?

Folk will always line up to mock. Its pretty sad, really.

I actually posted on the wrong thread.

I think the idea to make some attempt to fill n the corners, just not with seats, is laudable.

I should have posted on the what do you want thread.

48 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I've had a good laugh at the "suggestions" thread and some of this seems to have spilled over here.

Unless of course our resident Lanarkshire lunatic somehow gets onto the board !!!

The only way the corners would be properly filled in with seats would have been Tesco giving the BoD another five million or so specifically for that purpose back in the day, or, a Saints diehard wins 25 million plus on Euromillions and does it as a vanity project. Just like the bloke who owns the 'Schuh' shops did for Falkirk's third stand.

To create the illusion of filled-in corners should be more achieveable, either with a couple of much bigger scoreboards, 'Easter Road' style full-width adverts, or more importantly, some sort of better disabled facilities in one corner.

I imagine GLS/SMiSA may be open to discussing options for the corners, possibly in a couple of years when they have time to seriously ponder the options / costs / benefits.

Incidentally, should a Saints fan win 25 million plus.... forget corners, build us a tight 'Tynecastle' style stadium back at Love Street, ditch Ralston, and use the shoebox dome as dedicated training facilities with a state-of-the-art running track, fcuk, sorry, I meant a state-of-the-art synthetic playing surface.

Tonight's Euromillions numbers are......

I think a combination of a couple of those ideas would be good. Build 3 of Easter Road style filled in corners, 2 for big ads and 1 for the scoreboard (which looks pretty easy to move to me) hopefully the ad revenue would make them pay for themselves before too long and allow for the construction of the raised disabled viewing platform described by the OP. I'm sure there would be opportunity to advertise on it too.

Having it raised would be a massive help, I was late for the Ayr game, and sat in the front row of the main stand for the first half, to avoid disturbing people trying to force my way to my seat. I was only in the 4th row for the 2nd half, but that few feet made a massive difference in terms of the view I had.

I don't grasp why the corners of the stadium are so important to some people - of all the things we could mention as being importnat to a new regime surely this has to be one of the most trivial.  Investment in the playing squad is what is needed not in a stadium only a few years old. Atmosphere is generated by getting more fans through the doors and then giving them the product on the park that excites them (the latter leads to the former).  Filling in corners will not encourage more folk to attend games !!!

Just ideas and thoughts from likeminded folks on a St Mirren Forum. 

Not trying to bankrupt the Club or force anybody's hand. 

Nothing to be taken too seriously. 

COSMFC 

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I don't grasp why the corners of the stadium are so important to some people - of all the things we could mention as being importnat to a new regime surely this has to be one of the most trivial.  Investment in the playing squad is what is needed not in a stadium only a few years old. Atmosphere is generated by getting more fans through the doors and then giving them the product on the park that excites them (the latter leads to the former).  Filling in corners will not encourage more folk to attend games !!!

Maybe just play our Matches at the Racecourse. 

I remember Gordon Scott writting in the QA section of the official forum that the flood lights would be built well back for future development. They are not built well back are made of concrete so would pose a problem on any stands being built at the corners. It's something we don't need given our attendances. Advertisement space there is a good idea.