20mph Coming To All Towns And City's

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If after one year Edinburgh 20mph proves successful in better accident statistics 20mph will be carpeted in every town and city in Scotland.

Scotland will soon have a rush for bicycles as it will be the fastest way of travel soon.  

About time to be honest.

Our relationship with our cars is almost as arrogant, poisonous and destructive as our relationship with alcohol.

20mph really is plenty within designated areas of Towns, Cities and Villages.

There are absolute nutjobs out there who could cause carnage.

They are shite drivers who think they are the best and untouchable.

Just becaiuse they can speed over the limit and tailgate like mad bastarts.

Hopefully the Police will seriously crackdown and get them to f*ck off the roads.

Only yesterday, I've had a total moron who deserves a life ban from driving.

I was on Corkerhill Road heading towards Cardonald driving at 30mph, going with the flow as Car in front was driving sensibly also.

The impatient dickhead behind me overtook me using the Cycle Lane then did the same to the car in front of me.

Only for all us to get stopped at red light 20 seconds later.

I never liked driving in Edinburgh anyway. Too busy, too many arsehole tourists, traffic wardens were direct descendants of Hitler and Goebels, car parking was a nightmare, one way systems were a pain, fcuking bus lanes? don't get me started on Edinburgh's bus lanes... green lanes, trams, shutting Princes Street, the rat runs behind George Street.... and, saving the best 'til last... the fcukers put sauce on their chips.

Fcuk Edinburgh. Pandas cannae' even shag properly. Shithole.

50 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I never liked driving in Edinburgh anyway. Too busy, too many arsehole tourists, traffic wardens were direct descendants of Hitler and Goebels, car parking was a nightmare, one way systems were a pain, fcuking bus lanes? don't get me started on Edinburgh's bus lanes... green lanes, trams, shutting Princes Street, the rat runs behind George Street.... and, saving the best 'til last... the fcukers put sauce on their chips.

Fcuk Edinburgh. Pandas cannae' even shag properly. Shithole.

I parked on a meter just off Princes Street for 60 minutes one time.

As I passed a traffic warden who had watched me park, I said, pointing at my car,

"Can you keep an eye on that bit of land I have just bought".

Guest TPAFKATS

We get it the wrong way around in UK.
Build the cycling infrastructure first, then encourage people out of cars and onto their bikes.
Instead we punish drivers while keeping cyclists and all vehicles unsegregated.
Still, it keeps the tax pounds rolling in.

Sent fae ma fone

51 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

Build the cycling infrastructure first, then encourage people out of cars and onto their bikes.

Sent fae ma fone

The revenue  stream comes first , after all Westminster is a registered business. .

3 hours ago, tony soprano said:

Sent fae ma fone

A tax that absolutely nobody needs to pay. Is it really asking too much to ask people to drive safely?

Guest TPAFKATS
A tax that absolutely nobody needs to pay. Is it really asking too much to ask people to drive safely?

I'm talking about all the taxation that motorists pay, not fines.

Sent fae ma fone

17 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Unlike traffic lights then.

How man car drivers have been killed at junctions by cyclists going through a red light?

How many cyclists have been killed at traffic light junctions when obeying the red light?

How many times have you ever crossed at a pedestrian crossing while it was still sowing red?

15 hours ago, tony soprano said:

Sent fae ma fone

Are you suggesting that the SNP should deliver yet another tax cut / subsidy for the better off in society?

Robbing the poor to pay the rich...

3 hours ago, nosferatu said:

How man car drivers have been killed at junctions by cyclists going through a red light?

How many cyclists have been killed at traffic light junctions when obeying the red light?

How many times have you ever crossed at a pedestrian crossing while it was still sowing red?

The answa ma feind os bowin in the wind...

This thread is about getting cars to go slower. I have no idea why you are talking about congestiom charges but I am happy to give a view.

In an ideal world you would be correct. Build the infrastructure correctly and world peace would reign.

Unfortunately we lack the money and the space to fix the problem properly.

The only other alternative is to tax the problem people and use the money to fund the replacement transport types. We can argue about ring fencing of that tax as a third issue I suppose.

Why can't drivers be relaxed and drive at 30mph or even 20mph when they have to ?

Their speed is getting them to the next Roundabout and Red Light only a few seconds quicker.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:00 PM, oaksoft said:

About time to be honest.

Our relationship with our cars is almost as arrogant, poisonous and destructive as our relationship with alcohol.

Personally I think 20mph is a stupid limit to put .......................................

on alcohol. I would still be sober at closing time,