So Farewell then Scottish Independence.....

Stuart Dickson

59 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

In what way? It starts off with a note saying that it's factually incorrect, it refuses to name any of it's sources "staffer" and "one source" being obvious examples and it's heavily one sides, as it would be if an American only spent time talking to Natsis. It kind of reads like the sort of article that some American journalists were writing about Hitler in 1930's Germany, fawning but never daring to look too closely. Yet despite that the article acknowledges that it's the fact that Natsis dislike England that drives the cause with it's desire to be ruled by anyone but England. 

8 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

A swivel-eyed piece, more likely.

He offers two "honourable and cogent " arguments for separation, both of which are flawed lies.

"“London doesn’t care what Scotland thinks,” a bioethicist and longtime nationalist said. I ask for an example. “The Iraq War. We were overwhelmingly opposed in Scotland. The U.K. went to war anyway. And it’s been the same with most wars London wanted to wage.”

The biggest anti-war demonstrations were in London, IIRC.  The leaders who took uk into that war included the Scots, Blair and Broon.

Similarly, BOTH Scotland and London opposed Brexit, but democracy prevailed.  Such small inconveniences often arise with participation in "democracy".

"“The E.U. is far from perfect,” an SNP political staffer told me. “But there are undeniable benefits.” She points out that if you need admission to a hospital in France, you’re seen immediately and the hospital is reimbursed by Britain’s National Health Service. Similarly, “if you want to set up a branch office of your company in Amsterdam, you can do it without the nightmare of regulation and paperwork that used to be a matter of course.”.

So... you get seen in a hospital and the NHS pays for it. This is no different from what happens in the uk - other than the anecdotal panacea that "you're seen immediately"... Whatever that means.

Also... Setting up companies in Amsterdam WITHOUT regulation and paperwork?!  Hah.

That assertion is fantasy.  

The EU - our politicians and media have long been complaining - has a regulation and paperwork fetish.  But doing without it is no answer at all.  Our current slump can be traced back to deregulation of the banks and lack of control by politicians.

My apologies for the mish-mash of styles, cutting, pasting and typing above.  I blame an iPad.

I would blame not myself but salmonbuddie however, as it was he who posted the bollox that needed challenged, though mibbe he wanted the Lanarkshire fantasist to dive in and be drowned.  His post and link provided far too shallow a pool.

Edited by antrin

Ahh. Stuart is quoting the Daily Mail. One of the great bastions of truth eh?

Perhaps of he is looking for true bile then why not take a peek at some of the anit Scottish bile you see on the Torygraph online sections whenever there is an article about the constitution? Or perhaps that doesn't quite fit in with Fatty's self-loathing agenda, doesn't it. Now that he has had his arse handed to him on a plate regarding economics he just stoops to what he does best

55 minutes ago, The Real Zippy said:

Ahh. Stuart is quoting the Daily Mail. One of the great bastions of truth eh?

Perhaps of he is looking for true bile then why not take a peek at some of the anit Scottish bile you see on the Torygraph online sections whenever there is an article about the constitution? Or perhaps that doesn't quite fit in with Fatty's self-loathing agenda, doesn't it. Now that he has had his arse handed to him on a plate regarding economics he just stoops to what he does best

You didn't watch the video footage then? You don't remember the TV coverage? Has the cult brainwashed you in the hope you can forget it? 

Your defence of the indefensible is pathetic Zippy. 

Joseph Stiglitz. Who is he? He's the Noble Prize Winning Economist who is a key "paid for" adviser to Nicola Sturgeon says the SNP got it wrong when they said they could keep the UK pound, or said they would use the Euro. He reckons we should all use the Scottish Groat, let it float and to find it's level on world markets. It highlights yet another of the flaws in the whole SNP case for independence and whilst Stiglitz advice is probably sound, can you imagine just how quickly it would sink with tax revenue v spending deficits that dwarf those of Greece and which would be the worst in Europe. 

Silly nationalists. 

Guest TPAFKATS

I see Greece is being brought up again. Lets look at where Greece is on this table. It's got a lower deficit than UK. So has Ireland and Portugal who are regularly regarded as basket cases by mad angry unionists.
You might also note than a wee North Sea oil rich nation runs a surplus. Obviously it's not Scotland.
Scotland is the only country on the chart that isn't independent. [emoji6]

457438159313f6ad64da289d13c235c7.jpg

I see Greece is being brought up again. Lets look at where Greece is on this table. It's got a lower deficit than UK. So has Ireland and Portugal who are regularly regarded as basket cases by mad angry unionists.

You might also note than a wee North Sea oil rich nation runs a surplus. Obviously it's not Scotland.

Scotland is the only country on the chart that isn't independent. [emoji6]

457438159313f6ad64da289d13c235c7.jpg

Oh I like this. The SNP run a massive deficit, can't control their pocket money and would have bankrupted the country had it been on its own, is saved from its demise by the rest of the UK which subsidises every Scot in the country. And when the figures show the UK deficit having absorbed the crashing Scottish economy is marginally higher than Greece the Natsis drag it out as proof the UK is failing.

More spin than the Waltzers by the Salmondtologist. I bet you got this straight off of Wings Over Scotland

Guest TPAFKATS

By definition, how can you spend more than your pocket money?

Is Scotland the only nation to have huge reserves of oil and be too poor to keep the money?

How did Scotlands oil income go down by 97% in these figures, yet Norway's didnt?

By the way, the wee bar chart came from a Yoon. Mibees it was Kevin Hague, he likes his graphs.

Stuart - defending anything the Daily Nazi comes up with os defending the indenfensible.

Your self loathing is utterly laughable. You wouldn't look out of place with the Brit Nat halfwits that infest Rangers Media.

Like I said - read some of the comments pages on the likes of the online editions I mentioned earlier. And like I said earlier, its even more laughable the levels you are stooping to to deflect from your idiocy when it comes to economics. Pathetic really

Slarti - yes Scotland runs at such a deficit its been widely acknowledged that the Scottish Government has balanced the books for the last seven years. And is planning to reinvest 100m of that money, yet you find buckled Unionist halfwits like fatty condemning the Government for underspending!

It would be funny if it wasnt so serious

Stuart - defending anything the Daily Nazi comes up with os defending the indenfensible.

Your self loathing is utterly laughable. You wouldn't look out of place with the Brit Nat halfwits that infest Rangers Media.

Like I said - read some of the comments pages on the likes of the online editions I mentioned earlier. And like I said earlier, its even more laughable the levels you are stooping to to deflect from your idiocy when it comes to economics. Pathetic really

Self loathing? That's wrong for a start. I'm my favourite person :rolleyes:

Slarti - yes Scotland runs at such a deficit its been widely acknowledged that the Scottish Government has balanced the books for the last seven years. And is planning to reinvest 100m of that money, yet you find buckled Unionist halfwits like fatty condemning the Government for underspending!

It would be funny if it wasnt so serious

Where is it widely acknowledged that the Scottish Government has balanced spending against tax revenues. I'd like proof of that please..... And not off one of the propaganda websites.

3 hours ago, The Real Zippy said:

Already have provided proof by the fact that the SG is reinvesting 100m of the surplus. Which has prompted howls of apathy that the Government is underspending!

Yep. Just a couple of months ago he was whining about underspend by the SG. Now he is claiming an overspend by WM is the fault of the SG.

40 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

If you want to follow in the spirit of the great man himself, I would advise getting yourself a Brigitte Bardot lookalike.

EDIT:  A young (late 1960s/early 1970s) Bardot, that is.

Brigitte-Bardot-beautiful-bb-18707758-1024-768.jpg

What do me and BB have in common?

PS - Shouldn't It be a Jane Birkin lookalike? 

PPS - It's windy down here in Ayr and my hair is a deadringer for "mad catlover" BB! :spud3

Edited by Bud the Baker