Pride of Paisley 2021 Lions

pozbaird

Apologies if I've missed an already running thread. I went into town on Friday armed with a map of the lions locations, and walked around town photographing the lions and taking the time to circle them looking for a good angle, a good background, a good composition. There were tons of families all armed with the location map, going around, taking pics of their kids sitting on the lions... and spending time and money in Paisley. 

I got round about fourteen of them, walked for ages around town and spent money on breakfast, lunch, and it was great. There are many smaller lions in businesses around town, and there is a game being played for the kids to spot them all? 

Unfortunately, the lion supposed to be in St Mirren Park is being painted with a 'King of Trainers' logo and won't be available until late August.

On a more serious note, if you haven't done it yet, get into Paisley on a nice dry sunny day, and go around spotting them. Take the time to look past the pound shops. Read the plinths on the lions, take time to appreciate the good things that ARE in Paisley.

I reckon these 'pride' lions are a great idea and are proving very popular, especially with the youngsters.

Edited by pozbaird

52 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Apologies if I've missed an already running thread. I went into town on Friday armed with a map of the lions locations, and walked around town photographing the lions and taking the time to circle them looking for a good angle, a good background, a good composition. There were tons of families all armed with the location map, going around, taking pics of their kids sitting on the lions... and spending time and money in Paisley. 

I got round about fourteen of them, walked for ages around town and spent money on breakfast, lunch, and it was great. There are many smaller lions in businesses around town, and there is a game being played for the kids to spot them all? 

Unfortunately, the lion supposed to be in St Mirren Park is being painted with a 'King of Trainers' logo and won't be available until late August.

On a more serious note, if you haven't done it yet, get into Paisley on a nice dry sunny day, and go around spotting them. Take the time to look past the pound shops. Read the plinths on the lions, take time to appreciate the good things that ARE in Paisley.

I reckon these 'pride' lions are a great idea and are proving very popular, especially with the youngsters.

On 7/29/2016 at 9:48 AM, shull said:

Who were the 2 Buddies taking photos of the Lion thingy at Causeyside/Gordon Junction, 5 minutes ago. 

I recognised their St Mirren faces from over the decades, not sure of names. 

Hello anyway. :)

Seen HSS about half an hour ago tae. 

On 7/29/2016 at 9:49 AM, shull said:

Might have been the Cumbernauld dude. 

Seen the pair of you.

Well done :clapping

On 30 July 2016 at 8:19 PM, FTOF said:

They look great and seem to be popular with everyone.

When I was in Berlin there were loads of fibre glass bears in a similar mould and the tourists loved them.

In a similar mould?

...then they'd look like lions, not bears...   :unsure:

:P

• 2 months later...