The Olympics 2016

shull

6 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

2012 Olympic Games we got

29 Gold , 17 Silver , 19 Bronze

So far we have

14 Gold, 16 Silver , 7 Bronze

It's going well & good to see we can compete in many sports away from 'home'

Scottish contingent has contributed 10 medals so far with 2 more guaranteed in next 24 hours.

Impressive considering Mo Farah aside, we have fcuk-all else winning medals on the athletics track. No Linford Christie or Steve Cram, Coe or Ovett types starring for us. In so many other sports, British sportsmen and women have soared. I genuinely think other countries, like Australia for example, must now look at the UK and think "what are these guys doing right that we aren't".

The days of Brits being the plucky losers are gone. Cycling, swimming, tennis... bloody gymnastics...

We are winners. The real deal. Great to see.

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Murray -

Double Olympic champion

Double Wimbledon champion

US open champion

34 Tour titles

39 Titles in all :)

Not bad at all.

Superb.

First major final I've missed, way too late for me I'm afraid.

Not a bad record for a "bottler" if you listen to some daftys.

Murray is having a brilliant year, probably his best yet.

Roll on the US Open, Murray must be slight favourite.

Feeling a bit shattered this morning, but couldn't go to my kip during that match.

What a punishing game of tennis. Fair play to Del Potro, made that a fantastic spectacle. Congratulations to Murray on an incredible achievement.

Guest TPAFKATS

Well done to Murray, felt for Del Potro though. That was some match.Thank f**k it only lasted 4 sets!

Well done to England's Andy Murray [emoji767] Daily Mail
on becoming the first tennis player to win 2 gold medals (women don't count [emoji767] John Inverdale)
and to that little band of English fans who supported him in Rio [emoji767] BBC
Where's ma fleg?

40 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

Well done to Murray, felt for Del Potro though. That was some match.Thank f**k it only lasted 4 sets!

Well done to England's Andy Murray emoji767.png Daily Mail
on becoming the first tennis player to win 2 gold medals (women don't count emoji767.png John Inverdale)
and to that little band of English fans who supported him in Rio emoji767.png BBC
Where's ma fleg?

Reasons alone for Scotland to become an independent Nation ,today. 

Rule Britannia :lol:

Edited by shull

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Feeling a bit shattered this morning, but couldn't go to my kip during that match.

What a punishing game of tennis. Fair play to Del Potro, made that a fantastic spectacle. Congratulations to Murray on an incredible achievement.

Had to laugh when Andy broke the wee Rio Olympic logo statue thing that they get with their medals. Quickly shoved it behind his back for the photos and I'm sure he sneakily left it behind on the podium. Hope he remembered to go back for it. Pretty sure Kim or Judy would have a three-pack of Chinese superglue at home picked up from the local Poundworld. Amazing stuff, can glue everything bar our midfield together.

36 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Had to laugh when Andy broke the wee Rio Olympic logo statue thing that they get with their medals. Quickly shoved it behind his back for the photos and I'm sure he sneakily left it behind on the podium. Hope he remembered to go back for it. Pretty sure Kim or Judy would have a three-pack of Chinese superglue at home picked up from the local Poundworld. Amazing stuff, can glue everything bar our midfield together.

Is there anything on the planet strong enough to do that?

Superb match last night. Both players looked out on their feet at times, but still battled back. One of the best tennis finals I have seen in many a year.

Just imagine how the top tier of mens tennis would look had Delpo not got injured after winning that US open all those years ago. He would surely have been one o the main men, if not the very top. But well done Andy. Back to back Olympic titles.

Two Olympics, Two Wimbledons how's about a second US and a second Davis Cup just to cap off a great year!!