Overseas Supporters Clubs.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, StDaveduKong said:

Does any one know if there is any luck in organising Supporters Clubs abroad.

My own interest is in setting on up in Hong Kong.

Any help or knowledge gratefully received

Go for it mate. You could be the number 1 member. :thumbs2

I think London Saints grew out of Southern Saints, who were the first Buds to set up a Saints internet presence.  Ever.

London Saints grew quick, I think due to their Facebook page.  Doesn't seem to be many comments on it, but there is a settled pub and they let each other know if games are on telly.  Turn up or don't.....

and there's a simple website, just repeating the stuff mentioned above.

the answer looks like - keep it simple and keep it consistent.

start it... And they will come.   :)

I help 'run' the London St Mirren Supporters' Club. The main tip would be choose one pub where Saints games will be shown and always go there. We've got a 'hardcore' of about 5 who watch most games, but I'd say we've had 30 or 40 come and join us over the years. Some folks just in London for the day, and others who've been down more permanently. Things should grow from there. We've even got a flag! Post in 'matchday travel' on here when you're heading down the first few times. Also get a Facebook page up and running too as that way folks can search for you. We've even got one regular from Brisbane whose grandpa was from Paisley and who sought us out via Facebook when he moved to London! We'll be in the Famous 3 Kings in West Kensington if you're ever in London when a Saints game is on.

Note - all of the above assumes you can pick up BBC Alba in Hong Kong :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Black & White Army mobile app

5 hours ago, thewhiteman said:

apologies if I'm telling you something you already know but the Dunfermline game is live on BBC Alba 24th Sept at 5:15pm

although as someone mentioned earlier it may be difficult getting it abroad

You can get it if you use the "hola" app on chrome or firefox. Tricks it into thinking you're in the UK, just select UK from the country list. 

Edit: there's VPN apps available if you're using a mobile or tablet. Believe Hola works on there too.

Edited by Doakes