Membership Update

barrymitchell

58 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This bit really shows that TC has a blinkered approach on Shankland and therefore his "view" should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Shankland scored 10 goals for us last season and without him we would have been in deeper doo doo than we were.

Maybe TC/Lex has said more contentious things about Shankland elsewhere but the post quoted just says that unlike Rae he doesn't rate him, I'm somewhere in between - 10 goals in a season for an out & out striker seems to be roughly "par for the course".

My point was more that 4 strikers is 1 more than we need and a wage that can't be spent on the defensive midfielder we do need.

Spoiler

It reminds me of when Danny Lennon signed Doug Imrie - right player, wrong time! :double

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Maybe TC/Lex has said more contentious things about Shankland elsewhere but the post quoted just says that unlike Rae he doesn't rate him, I'm somewhere in between - 10 goals in a season for an out & out striker seems to be roughly "par for the course".

My point was more that 4 strikers is 1 more than we need and a wage that can't be spent on the defensive midfielder we do need.

Reveal hidden contents

It reminds me of when Danny Lennon signed Doug Imrie - right player, wrong time! :double

Indeed, this post alone isn't a big deal but if you follow his (Lex/TC) comments on matchday threads you will see he has him down as useless. 

I also agree 10 isn't startling but in a poor/average team it's reasonable. 

Edited by faraway saint

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, this post alone isn't a big deal but if you follow his (Lex/TC) comments on matchday threads you will see he has him down as useless. 

I also agree 10 isn't startling but in a poor/average team it's reasonable. 

Shankland didn't get routine starts under Murray as far as I can recall (which, increasingly, isn't very far, I would have to concede).