SLO conference

buddiecat

http://www.supporters-direct.scot/supporter-liaison-officer-development-day-round-up/#.V589hezdLHw.facebook

Link above showing SMiSA at the conference and an explanation of what it's about, we definitely need a well known face picked from our fan base to be our SLO, BoD members and or club staff are not suitable as they can't be expected to represent the fans in discussions with themselves.

I know this is a requirement for Europe and it will take us a year before we are there, but well worth consideration now i think.

Just my opinion of course.

• 3 months later...
On 04/08/2016 at 8:25 PM, buddiecat said:

http://www.supporters-direct.scot/supporter-liaison-officer-development-day-round-up/#.V589hezdLHw.facebook

Link above showing SMiSA at the conference and an explanation of what it's about, we definitely need a well known face picked from our fan base to be our SLO, BoD members and or club staff are not suitable as they can't be expected to represent the fans in discussions with themselves.

I know this is a requirement for Europe and it will take us a year before we are there, but well worth consideration now i think.

Just my opinion of course.

Unashamed BUMP given ongoing fan representation issues at the club.

With a Fan Council and a SMISA board representative about to be elected, not to mention a SMISA board already in place. Do we really need a SLO or is it more about the aforementioned resources understanding fan liaison requirements and delegating them out?

Most clubs in Scotland won't have either fan representation on the board, a supporter association with a level of control or even a Fan Council. We're about to have all three and, instead of being guided on how it's done, we could ourselves deliver the engagement and level of service that others aspire to.

I've previously been on our Fan Council and been an elected rep elsewhere, so do understand how easy it's to get drawn in and have engagement takeover other tasks. So I'm just wondering if it can be picked up anyway. Certainly, David has been in place under a different role than what is expected going forward. Likewise a lot of the work SMISA were doing lately has ended with the takeover and the Fan Council are no longer working with a board on their way out.