Raith v Saints Sat 13th Aug.

10 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Nope. McLean moved in January just after Teale came in. It was Lennon who wasted McLean in deep midfield.

Tommy Craig was the organ grinder when Danny Lennon was manager...

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Not mixed up at all. TC got the best out of McLean. Turned him into a player who no one wanted in the summer - so he had to come back to us -to one who was in demand in January.

The only reason that McLean was played in an advanced role under Craig & Teale is because we had no feckin strikers.

Squad is decent.  Rae should be given 4 games to turn this lot in to a team, absolutely shocking last week and the first 55 mins here.  Worse than Murray as stated above, and thats saying something!

Back to moaning about managers and TopCat making an arse of himself with his poor judgement of them.  The more things change....

Mind you, when the ref wont give stonewall penalties and your striker cant score from a yard, maybe something is against you.

The only reason that McLean was played in an advanced role under Craig & Teale is because we had no feckin strikers.

Perhaps, but he was played in an advanced role under Craig. He replaced McGowan and Harkins who had played that role the season before. This change of role got him the move.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Perhaps, but he was played in an advanced role under Craig. He replaced McGowan and Harkins who had played that role the season before. This change of role got him the move.

You're aw muddled up.

Edited by Kendo

I said from the very start that Alex Rae was a bad appointment

We're actually worse than we were last season... and that is saying something.

We need to get shot of Rae immediately. He doesn't know what he is doing!

Why don't we just employ a new manager every month that way I am sure we could find someone you like. Have to admit what I watched last week was complete rubbish of the highest order, today sounds the same.

17 minutes ago, nosferatu said:

I said from the very start that Alex Rae was a bad appointment

We're actually worse than we were last season... and that is saying something.

We need to get shot of Rae immediately. He doesn't know what he is doing!

Going by last week's performance and this week then you might be right... I hope you're wrong! I'm sick of watching the same old shit season after season.

Unbelievable.

His tea is nearly oot for me to be honest. He had taken over a piss poor Ian Murray team and turned us into long ball merchants that were hard to beat last season. I was hoping he resulted to the LB tactic purely down to the dross he had in his squad and given time in the summer he'd build his own squad and have us playing 'proper football'. From what i've seen pre season and last week, it's the same old long ball that has shite all effect. It was plain to see that we were very very short in the midfield department and one injury would scupper us. So, christ only knows why he blew all his budget on four strikers and forgot about our central midfield. He's also persisted with Webster and Baird all League cup, not attempting new defensive combinations was criminal in my opinion - Which has showed today and vs Morton. Not to mention Langfield, he should be our back up goal at best. Today and his Franco Baresi impressions against Morton just shows his decision making is suspect to say the least. Get Gallacher in for the foreseeable.

Things need to drastically improve or questions will be getting asked sooner than Rae would like. We're not in this league to float around toward the bottom for the majority of another season.