Raith v Saints Sat 13th Aug.

3 minutes ago, Big Jake said:

It's looking like that may have worked against him, doing that in public emoji57.png

He named Walsh and said 1 side of his game was very good and he needed to work on the other side of his game. Has Walsh spat the dummy since then or played quite well. He also said he expected better from some of last season's players - an assessment shared by many of our own fans.

2 minutes ago, bingboy said:

Well Jack Ross seems to be doing quite well at Alloa and is widely regarded as the brains behind Murray's success at Dumbarton.

Could bring Goody back as his assistant....

So we have spent our squad budget for the see and need to pay off Rae and Farrell after 2 league games and with 34 league games to go before the play offs, and would need to pay compensation to get Jack Ross, find money for his salary, pay to get Goodwin back a few months after releasing him and find money for his wage.

The previous board didn't consider Jack Ross last time round - hardly Rae's fault.

Well Jack Ross seems to be doing quite well at Alloa and is widely regarded as the brains behind Murray's success at Dumbarton.

Could bring Goody back as his assistant....

Is this the Answer ? We bring in a new manager at every turn. Admit things are not right at the moment but the manager needs time to get things right.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Is this the Answer ? We bring in a new manager at every turn. Admit things are not right at the moment but the manager needs time to get things right.

imagine the meltdown if we brought Goodwin back now from those who said we wouldn't miss him or that he was too old. Imagine the meltdown from those who said he should never have been a coach if he becomes assistant manager. Plus is there not a forum member who kept on saying he had dirt on Goodwin which was really serious (but he would never post what the dirt was) and he should have been fired rather than allowed to stay until his contract expired?

We binned Danny Lennon at the end of the 2013/4 because always missing out on the SPL top 6 wasn't good enough. We then appointed Tommy Craig who spoke of having a crack at top 6 and barely won a league game in half a season, followed by promoting Gary Teale to interim manager for a few months and had binned both of them before the end of the season. We then appointed Ian Murray and Spalding at the start of last season, and had binned Spalding by mutual consent by October, brought in Alex Miller to help Ian Murray and within 2 months that arrangement was over and in came Alex Rae at a time when the immediate brief was no doubt to avoid automatic relegation and the relegation play off place. In the end we finished 21 points ahead of Alloa and 11 ahead of Livingston.

Now having played 2 league games against teams who both finished above us last season and drawn one and lost one some are saying "Taxi for Rae" and bring in Jack Ross and Jim Goodwin. 

If you were Jack Ross why would you leave Alloa where things were going well in the league and cup so far to come to St Mirren who will have just fired 5 managers (Lennon. Craig, Teale, Murray and Rae) and 4 assistants (Goodwin, Spalding, Miller and Farrell) in just over 2 years?

42 minutes ago, munoz said:

Were you at the game ?

Aye and were 3 nil up and made a cnut of qualifying. 

Useless jessie haired and jessie booted bawbags. 

And we played in aw f**king white. 

COSMFC 

14 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

imagine the meltdown if we brought Goodwin back now from those who said we wouldn't miss him or that he was too old. Imagine the meltdown from those who said he should never have been a coach if he becomes assistant manager. Plus is there not a forum member who kept on saying he had dirt on Goodwin which was really serious (but he would never post what the dirt was) and he should have been fired rather than allowed to stay until his contract expired?

We binned Danny Lennon at the end of the 2013/4 because always missing out on the SPL top 6 wasn't good enough. We then appointed Tommy Craig who spoke of having a crack at top 6 and barely won a league game in half a season, followed by promoting Gary Teale to interim manager for a few months and had binned both of them before the end of the season. We then appointed Ian Murray and Spalding at the start of last season, and had binned Spalding by mutual consent by October, brought in Alex Miller to help Ian Murray and within 2 months that arrangement was over and in came Alex Rae at a time when the immediate brief was no doubt to avoid automatic relegation and the relegation play off place. In the end we finished 21 points ahead of Alloa and 11 ahead of Livingston.

Now having played 2 league games against teams who both finished above us last season and drawn one and lost one some are saying "Taxi for Rae" and bring in Jack Ross and Jim Goodwin. 

If you were Jack Ross why would you leave Alloa where things were going well in the league and cup so far to come to St Mirren who will have just fired 5 managers (Lennon. Craig, Teale, Murray and Rae) and 4 assistants (Goodwin, Spalding, Miller and Farrell) in just over 2 years?

First of all I've not said sack Rae...yet. However he has players that should be competitive in this league but insists on shitfest football and despite being a central midfielder himself, has built a squad with a glaring weakness in centre midfield. Things have to improve but I agree he should get more time for the moment. The answer to me is fairly simple, bring in a decent central midfielder and get the team to start passing the ball with a bit of urgency.

My initial post about Jack Ross was in response to you saying who could we afford. If you think an Alloa manager, or any lower league manager would turn down a move to a bigger club you are kidding yourself on.

And by the way, this is a forum for fans to express opinions. Signing policies should never be influenced by meltdowns or rumours on here . But you know that.

6 minutes ago, bingboy said:

First of all I've not said sack Rae...yet. However he has players that should be competitive in this league but insists on shitfest football and despite being a central midfielder himself, has built a squad with a glaring weakness in centre midfield. Things have to improve but I agree he should get more time for the moment. The answer to me is fairly simple, bring in a decent central midfielder and get the team to start passing the ball with a bit of urgency.

My initial post about Jack Ross was in response to you saying who could we afford. If you think an Alloa manager, or any lower league manager would turn down a move to a bigger club you are kidding yourself on.

And by the way, this is a forum for fans to express opinions. Signing policies should never be influenced by meltdowns or rumours on here . But you know that.

You seem to assume I was replying to you rather than Munoz who did post "Taxi for Rae" and said he was not good enough to be St Mirren manager. I did suspect that after asking the question that Jack Ross would be touted and it is fair enough to suggest he would want to step up from Alloa. We could expect Alloa would want compensated if we poached their first manager in 53 years to reach the quarter finals of the league cup and their best player to bring him in as our assistant manager. The position, last week after the Morton match, was we'd spent our squad budget and would not be expecting to bring in any other players..

Rae's signing policy has been fine by me. He has largely signed proven SPL players not out of favour at top 6 clubs like St Johnstone and Motherwell or who have shown they are good Championship level players and added a few younger loan signings with potential rather than taking on loads of U20 loanees and hoping they all make the step up. At the minute we have 3 summer signings injured or not yet match fit.

My expectations are we would be a similar standard to teams like Raith and Morton who finished above us last year (Raith by some way). Some posters seem to reckon that if we are going to be promoted we should be beating teams like them... maybe over the course of the other 6 league games we will get the better of them once we have everyone to pick from. Some fans more or less reckoned Morton had lost key players and all we would have to do was turn up to win, forgetting that Jim Duffy is an experienced manager who had done pretty well at Championship level and has SPL experience too. Likewise MacKinnon gets poached by Dundee United and replaced by Gary Locke and some folks assume it is a stick on we should be able to win away against a side who finished 20 points clear of us a few months ago when both squads are fairly similar to last season.

Dunfermline and Ayr will be stronger than Alloa and Livi were last season and whoever wins the Championship this year will not amass the 81 points The Rangers International finished with last season or the 91 Hearts got the season before because it is a much more level playing field this season.

Appointing Jack Ross will not change the fact that our squad strength will be pretty similar to over half the league's squad stregth and we have no right to expect to win any games courtesy of merely turning up for the fixture - something I direct and umpteen posters who were euphoric and optimistic before a ball was kicked this season and who now seem to have been brought down to earth with a crash.

What a shower of gutless spineless bastards. And I use the word spineless as back and middle were. Langfield, shocking. Somebody ffs tell him he's a goalkeeper. Webster. Baird. Mallan and Hutton useless. You could have drove the 4 supporters buses right through the middle and none of them would have noticed. What has Mallan got to do to be dropped. He needs to be shown that he's not the big superstar midfielder. Rae is just a idiot enough said. Comedy quote of the day coming out the stadium. WE WERE GREAT FOR HALF AN HOUR. I take he was watching something on his phone. Disgraceful and players should hang there heads in shame.

5 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

What a shower of gutless spineless bastards. And I use the word spineless as back and middle were. Langfield, shocking. Somebody ffs tell him he's a goalkeeper. Webster. Baird. Mallan and Hutton useless. You could have drove the 4 supporters buses right through the middle and none of them would have noticed. What has Mallan got to do to be dropped. He needs to be shown that he's not the big superstar midfielder. Rae is just a idiot enough said. Comedy quote of the day coming out the stadium. WE WERE GREAT FOR HALF AN HOUR. I take he was watching something on his phone. Disgraceful and players should hang there heads in shame.

Have never seen Alex Rae on his phone during a game... unlike nearly all our U20 players sitting in the stand during home games.

Just got home , and just about calmed down . 

I still think Rae is the wrong man for job , and have done from the appointment . That being said , I'll back the team as I always do home and away . 

For me he has got 2 or 3 games to try and sort out this shambles .

13 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

What a coincidence.

We were great for half an hour against Edinburgh City tae.

Then we were what you described above.

Dibble it's not good enough to be at the same level as Raith or morton. They won't win anything. We are absolutely horrible at present and a new midfielder is urgently required. I wouldn't react to quick as I feel they must be allowed time to gel but my god Alex has one hell of a job on his hands. I just wanted a competitive team that was top end but we look all over the shop absolutely hapless

13 minutes ago, munoz said:

Just got home , and just about calmed down . 

I still think Rae is the wrong man for job , and have done from the appointment . That being said , I'll back the team as I always do home and away . 

For me he has got 2 or 3 games to try and sort out this shambles .

So our next game is against Hibs who finished 28 points and 34 goals better off than us last season and reached the League Cup Final, won the Scottish Cup last season and have played in Europe this season and began pre-season earlier than us due to Europe and have a bigger budget. If we lose that game, Rae has 1 or 2 games left to save his job? 

There are precious few easy games this season, even once we have a full squad to choose from

20th August home v Hibs

27th August away v Ayr United

10th September home v Queen of the South (who finished on the same points total as us last year).

17th September away to Dumbarton (who only finished 5 points behind us last season).

On paper our easiest league game out of the first 5 is away to Ayr United... a tricky tie in anyone's book.