Raith v Saints Sat 13th Aug.

I take you were not there by that statement

You are 100% correct in that one.

Were we really that bad?

Though i still stand by my statement. I was there last week and although we were bawz i saw areas we lacked in which i know this squad can improve on.

Only 2 games in buddy. We can push on from here.

We have had worse days

I said to a few guys at the game it looks like another season off two halves pish first halve ok second.

That will work itself out spoogy.
Because of this cup bollocks getting games to nail down a solid starting 11 and a formation have suffered.

May still be a few weeks but will be ok matey.

11 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

That will work itself out spoogy.
Because of this cup bollocks getting games to nail down a solid starting 11 and a formation have suffered.

May still be a few weeks but will be ok matey.

It's been the same for everyone, maybe been AR&DF have been unlucky with Gordon, Mackenzie & Quinn but the season's starting to drift away from us & unless the management can turn it round quickly shull's gonna have to start another appreciation thread for the start of next season.............

Still early days of course however there is already a trend being displayed, one that would suggest we are not yet ready for the league campaign. The dismal meh exit from the league cup was a sign , maybe a wake up call. Today was clearly another.

Dismal so far, need to snap out of this early season malaise rapidly, or, it's default fo the same old recent years utterly inept weak nonsense with nothing but scraping results and trying to build some hope around the ongoing turd polishing.

Yup, today, more shite

4 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Still early days of course however there is already a trend being displayed, one that would suggest we are not yet ready for the league campaign. The dismal meh exit from the league cup was a sign , maybe a wake up call. Today was clearly another.

Dismal so far, need to snap out of this early season malaise rapidly, or, it's default fo the same old recent years utterly inept weak nonsense with nothing but scraping results and trying to build some hope around the ongoing turd polishing.

Yup, today, more shite

I said after we were relegated that we faced at least five years in this division. I completely stand by that. However, if Rae proves to be as tactically inept / un-inspiring / alienates a dressing room in the same fashion as Murray / Craig / Teale (although he was dealt a duff hand), then forget five years, we're looking at ten years plus.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I said after we were relegated that we faced at least five years in this division. I completely stand by that. However, if Rae proves to be as tactically inept / un-inspiring / alienates a dressing room in the same fashion as Murray / Craig / Teale to an extent, then forget five years, we're looking at ten years plus.

Hard to disagree just now. We are setting up to be something like a regular 18th to 20th place listed team in the Scottish game.  The trend over the last few years would indicate we are still regressing. Since March 2013" we have simply been on a downward trajectory, we are still a troubled , sinking vessel. Need to get some ballast installed and soon. I see little to be encouraged or positive about us in the greater scheme of things just now. It's an abysmal state of affairs.

Hard to disagree just now. We are setting up to be something like a regular 18th to 20th place listed team in the Scottish game.  The trend over the last few years would indicate we are still regressing. Since March 2013" we have simply been on a downward trajectory, we are still a troubled , sinking vessel. Need to get some ballast installed and soon. I see little to be encouraged or positive about us in the greater scheme of things just now. It's an abysmal state of affairs.

Since we won the League Cup in 2013 we have slipped into a self induced coma. The number of poor decisions made on and off the field have been baffling. All massively disappointing stuff.

It was always a genuine worry that we could be in this league for a good number of years. Hibs are arguably Scotland's 5th biggest club and are starting their 3rd campaign in this league and finding it very tough most weeks. There in no guarantee they will come up this season and Dundee United are currently suffering a big hangover from last season and could well be in this league for more than one season.

It was always going to be tough to get out this league but not impossible and we really should be looking to get into that top 4 most seasons and making a fist of it. There are going to be so many teams who are so evenly matched but we have some decent player's at the club and the manager has to get things going.

You look at the fixtures and start thinking where are we going pick up 3 points.

Ayr in a couple of weeks time already looks like a 6 pointer. We really need to be going there looking to win that one and impose ourselves in the game as Hibs next week is going to be extremely difficult to get anything.

Dibble morton beat us by a point or two and lost to us twice and drew twice they were not miles ahead of us. We are all over the place at present and what I saw today as as bad as ian Murrays team. Goodwin shouldn't have been released as for the money wean pay he brought leadership and organisation and ability three things we don't have. Prior to his injury last year he was our best player and he could have say in the middle breaking up attacks and allowing mallan the ability to play his own game and create things. Mallan is now running around tirelessly trying to break up attacks and start them which isn't working. Hutton isn't at the level we had hoped for yet but again would definitely benefit from jims presence. Alex rae was 35 and a battle hardened pro when he won the league with rangers. He was combative and aggressive the same as jim. Why when money is tight would you bin jim when you know to replace that type of guy costs a fortune. I will be criticised because jim wasn't perfect but he was a leader and a guy I'd Rather was in my team than not. Where was the l was the leadership and organisation today?

IMO midfield is our problem, no balls, won't tackle, can't pass a ball to their own players you wonder why the players are humping the ball up the park. Mallan is a week link again IMO. Lost easy goals, again through our midfield & weak defenders. We have 3 players out injured at the moment probably at least 2 of them would play. 2 stonewall penalties yesterday, probably would of changed the game, plus someone mentioned Sutton missing from a couple of yards, flag was up for off side. Love the negative comments from those who never attended the match. It's only 2 games, this division will be harder than last season, some good teams, only 5 points behind top spot, bring it on. Remember we are St mirren, loads of us have been here & seen it all for years.[emoji6]

On a more positive note, Dundee Utd have the same amount of points as we do and got beat off one of this seasons relegation favourites yesterday. Points will be won and lost, we just need to find the right formula with the players at our disposal. It really wouldn't surprise me if we get a positive result against Hibs next Saturday.

from the 5 games I've seen this season I think we play 4 at the back because of Webster. If you watch Baird he is actually covering Webster's position as well as his own.

when someone runs or looks like running at Webster Baird starts to come close to Webster as though he has been told to help him out.

when we play 3 at the back Webster sits deeper. I think he is done and cant play like that for the full game.

Notabuddie. Baird is all over the place. Last week Webster had a v good game. Play Webster with someone who can read the game and hopefully it improves

Baird had two goal saving tackles, but Webster is at fault for 2 (arguably all 3) of the goals, so bit harsh on Baird, who lets remember is only 20. Webster should know much, much better. Agree he was good last week, but that was a horror show from him yesterday.

Back three seems to be the way to go. Baird, Webster (Gordon if he doesn't shape up), and Mackenzie.

we will agree to disagree with Webster performance last week in my opinion he was as much at fault for the goal as others and caused Baird to save 2 1v1s because he was lazy and did not go with his man. Second half last week he improved. Yesterday I would say he was at fault for 1 goal and could have done more for the 3rd.

against accies his poor positional play

was at fault for two of their goals.

unless we play 3 at the back with him dropping deeper any team will be gifted goals from him.

I do not know why Rae kept him he is average at best in this team.

The signs are there already I'm afraid. Ian Murray had some decent players at his disposal last season yet still found it possible to make space for players who weren't good enough. Rae is doing the exact same thing this time , and it will prove to be his downfall. Listening to GLS , he sees us as a Premier league club . If we're heading in the wrong direction and off the pace in the league early on, he won't wait as long as Gilmour and Co did before changing it.

26 minutes ago, billyg said:

The signs are there already I'm afraid. Ian Murray had some decent players at his disposal last season yet still found it possible to make space for players who weren't good enough. Rae is doing the exact same thing this time , and it will prove to be his downfall. Listening to GLS , he sees us as a Premier league club . If we're heading in the wrong direction and off the pace in the league early on, he won't wait as long as Gilmour and Co did before changing it.

Assuming he can afford to make the change. We've paid more to managers for not managing than we have for doing the job recently. A downward financial spiral and no way to be successful on or off the park. I keep hoping this one, or that one will work. How can one club continually do so little with so much?