Raith v Saints Sat 13th Aug.

Just watched the highlights and thought we created quite a few chances. The problems are at the back and defensive midfield. We could have conceded ten at the weekend. I wonder if Rae and the cab driver spend any time organising the defence? Compare us to Morton's defence last week, player for player they are probably weaker but are much better organized. And they are coached by Jim Duffy FFS!

The cab driver???? Give the guy a bit of respect.

On 8/15/2016 at 3:46 PM, DougJamie said:

The problem was never Ian Murray, although he didn't help. Ok under IM we had just been relegated unhappy board and unhappy squad. So whats the problem this year?

Sorry. A few of Murray's early decisions... sign Alan Gow, sign Stephen Thompson, sign Scott Agnew, sign Cameron Howieson and the guy from Burnley who got sent off against Morton and didn't feature again. Sign Paul McMullan and predict he will terrorise Championship defences. After pre-season starts announce our own U20s are so good we won't need to sign as many players as first thought. Appoint Spalding as assistant manager. Sign Stuart Carswell. Freeze Jim Goodwin out the team. Drop Stevie Mallan. After season gets underway and we lose lose lose decide our U20s and most of the summer signings aren't up to much and begin trying to sign more folks. Reintroduce Goodwin and Mallan, Sign Jamie Langfield as No.2 to Ridgers. Punt Ridgers out on loan to Kilmarnock and make Langfield No.1 one week later. Sign Andy Webster, sign Lawrence Shankland in about September. Sack Spalding. Choose Alex Miller as your new mentor. Tell the fans they don't know what they are talking about and we are actually quite good despite not winning any home games by December.

This season we have played 6 competitive games and won 3 and lost 2 and drawn 1. We've beaten Livingston, Ayr United and Edinburgh City in the league cup group games, lost to Hamilton Accies and Raith away from home and drawn with Morton at home. We have had a tough start to the league season with Hibs next up.

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:38 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Sorry. A few of Murray's early decisions... sign Alan Gow, sign Stephen Thompson, sign Scott Agnew, sign Cameron Howieson and the guy from Burnley who got sent off against Morton and didn't feature again. Sign Paul McMullan and predict he will terrorise Championship defences. After pre-season starts announce our own U20s are so good we won't need to sign as many players as first thought. Appoint Spalding as assistant manager. Sign Stuart Carswell. Freeze Jim Goodwin out the team. Drop Stevie Mallan. After season gets underway and we lose lose lose decide our U20s and most of the summer signings aren't up to much and begin trying to sign more folks. Reintroduce Goodwin and Mallan, Sign Jamie Langfield as No.2 to Ridgers. Punt Ridgers out on loan to Kilmarnock and make Langfield No.1 one week later. Sign Andy Webster, sign Lawrence Shankland in about September. Sack Spalding. Choose Alex Miller as your new mentor. Tell the fans they don't know what they are talking about and we are actually quite good despite not winning any home games by December.

This season we have played 6 competitive games and won 3 and lost 2 and drawn 1. We've beaten Livingston, Ayr United and Edinburgh City in the league cup group games, lost to Hamilton Accies and Raith away from home and drawn with Morton at home. We have had a tough start to the league season with Hibs next up.

Ok apart from all that, how do think he did ?:D

Dibbie, I am not disagreeing he was crap, but he also had more to contend with, a very unhappy BOD and a vastly reduced budget, it was obvious he was out his depth.

Have to AR has the club sold, better players and still shows how far we plummeted after 2013 

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Ok apart from all that, how do think he did ?:D

Dibbie, I am not disagreeing he was crap, but he also had more to contend with, a very unhappy BOD and a vastly reduced budget, it was obvious he was out his depth.

Have to AR has the club sold, better players and still shows how far we plummeted after 2013 

There is probably not a lot to be gained by continuing the Murray v Rae comparisons much further... Rae was appointed by the same unhappy BoD as Murray and Murray had spent most of the budget for the year meaning Rae was inheriting someone else's squad and having to cancel loans to bring other guys in etc. I don't think Rae is perfect by any means and am sure that he has made a few mistakes with the summer window but I posted before the window began that it was crazy to expect a perfect window where a St Mirren manager managed to address all the problems with the squad in 1 transfer window. My only beef with some of the posts about Rae are, he did pretty well last season, and I think he has done quite well with the summer window, we've played 6 competitive games this season, won 3, lost 2, drawn 1 and folks are saying "Taxi for Rae" and he's not good enough for us. In the league campaign we have a tough start with the fixture list, we have a few new signings nearing fitness who could start featuring in the starting XI's before too long. Why don't we wait until we have at least completed the first round of fixtures and a few more games before we call for his head. Yes we waited until it was getting too late to axe Tommy Craig (but even then if we had announced Teale as our manager more than 2 days before the close of the January window and given him some cash to spend instead of selling McLean on the final afternoon it might have been retrievable!), and Murray was given a decent time to turn things around and resigned rather than being fired. I'm sure the league will be tight this year and reckon if we have a really bad few months we could wait until the end of November before deciding to go for a new manager.

I don't want AR to go, Saints have been in decline long before IM arrived, and he then made us worse. Hibs have been in this league 3 years after relegation, this is our second, I have patience as long as we see progress. Our first 2 league games were as effective as IMs were. And LBH the league cup exit was not great.

Anyway I agree with what you say above, there is no quick fix