1877 Club

div

2k from 300 members, surely that should read £3K per month??

also, why would that dictate who gets let in & who doesn't.

I think the 300 members (who are supposedly only coughing up £2k per month) could and should be consulted on changing the entry criteria & let in folk on a

first come, first served and 1 out, 1 in basis.

Get as many punters in through that door as often as possible and the builders will be paid off a whole lot sooner.

Only 200 members. Only have a licence for 220 people.

Clarification - The only reason the trial made a loss on the day was due to rental of the marquee and the heating hire.
If an area which is already within the stadium is used as a storage room can be converted into a bar and then used on match day and of course as a function area sounds a good idea .
To me and any business person this would be classed as sweating your asset. The only thing that remains is for this area to be used more frequently and for more uses.
The Street stuff team already use it to practice and have functions as it has a wooden floor and they do not have to rent out other halls
As stated previously the club is in its infancy and there is an opportunity for members to get involved and shape its future.
It would be good to see this energy channelled in a positive direction rather than sit back and snipe.
If everyone connected with SMFC had sat back and did that then we would still have a large area in the club called a void area / storage room
We had that for 7 years
Now let's make the club a success by getting ideas put into action and supporting the new owners with a positive productive culture .

You describe it as a members club. Members pay subscriptions and a joining fee. Ok, so wheres the club constitution? Who is on the commitee? Who are the office bearers - chairman, secretary and treasurer? When is the AGM? And how do the members of the club go about selecting what brewery is used, or on setting the prices charged for a pint, or indeed changing the terms of admission?

Now things have apparently worked out regarding SMFC Ltd ownership the biggest problem with the members club seems to be that it's running way below capacity and not fulfilling it's potential as a revenue raiser for the football business with the biggest chain around its neck being the debt the Fans Council took on and on the terms they used to repay that debt.

I'm not arguing it was a bad deal for SMFC Ltd. They've had the equivalent of someone paying to convert their attic into a living space in return for the opportunity to charge you to boil their kettle for a few hours a week. I just question the nous of the kind of person who would agree to those terms particularly at a time when the club was up for sale with the owners threatening to sell to bizarre consortiums from all around the world who's motives for buying the club may well have been questionable.

8 hours ago, 1877SMFC said:

Clarification - The only reason the trial made a loss on the day was due to rental of the marquee and the heating hire.
If an area which is already within the stadium is used as a storage room can be converted into a bar and then used on match day and of course as a function area sounds a good idea .
To me and any business person this would be classed as sweating your asset. The only thing that remains is for this area to be used more frequently and for more uses.
The Street stuff team already use it to practice and have functions as it has a wooden floor and they do not have to rent out other halls
As stated previously the club is in its infancy and there is an opportunity for members to get involved and shape its future.
It would be good to see this energy channelled in a positive direction rather than sit back and snipe.
If everyone connected with SMFC had sat back and did that then we would still have a large area in the club called a void area / storage room
We had that for 7 years
Now let's make the club a success by getting ideas put into action and supporting the new owners with a positive productive culture .

Having been in the supporters bar once, as a non member, I think it's great facility. Is it available to be hired out for private functions such as parties? I'm sure it would be a popular venue. Apologies if this has been answered earlier in the thread. 

Having been in the supporters bar once, as a non member, I think it's great facility. Is it available to be hired out for private functions such as parties? I'm sure it would be a popular venue. Apologies if this has been answered earlier in the thread. 

It is available for private functions. Agree with you. If your Saints fan it's a great venue for a private party. Think its only available for 21st and upwards.

23 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

is this fact? or fiction?

Perhaps I am wrong, I thought the original plan was 200 members but that got increased to 300 due partly to demand and also because of a higher capacity that the void could hold (might be off mark on the capacity but I am pretty sure about the 300). I believed there was to be 300 members paying £10 per month?

Either ways, if the club isn't getting utilised by the members then a rethink of entry criteria should be explored to help maximise the facilities and the profit on bar sales from match-days as well as the other 6 days in the week that it can be used.

Half right Div. We the FC do not rent it in anyway. We or mainly Alan Wardrop fund raised and got trades to do the build work to what was the void. At the time the board and no plans to develop the void as they were selling the club. The only way to pay the builders back was to make it a members club and the membership fees going to pay back the builders 2k a month. Now it's not the greatest way on doing it. But at the time in 2014 when it was 1st suggested this was the only way of getting it done. As the selling consortium were in no postion to say when the club would be sold the decision was taken to go down the route we did with the help of Director Ian Henderson. Until someone pays the trades back it will continue in this way. Build was about 35k. Hope this helps Div.

It definitely helps Gary. The fixed income is a guarantee that the builders repayments can be met which makes some sense. So perhaps in 18 months when the builders should have been paid in full there might be more scope for change.

I didn't realise the license was only for 220, is there any scope for that being increased in the future do you think? Seems very low for the size of the space.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, 1877SMFC said:

In the spirit of keeping this thread on track here are a few facts :-

The SMFansCouncil trialled a Fan Event to gauge interest , this was held in a marquee and had a pop up bar , tv , kids zone and a live band
Whilst a loss was incurred on the day due to high rental costs of tent , heating etc (which was funded by Fans Council ) the day was viewed a success by the fan uptake and feedback .
This gave the green light to put a plan in place to convince the board ( at the time ) that a permanent facility would be beneficial to enhance the match day experience.
The void area in the club was identified as a venue and a green light would only be given if the Fans council could raise funds and interest. This happened with 200 fans commuting to a founders fee of £50 per head . This £10k gave the project a start . The next step was to get Saints Fans to show commitment to a members club by commuting to a subscription - over 200 fans signed up with a promise that the monies would be taken once the club was a reality.
So the Fans Council was the vehicle to get it up and running - this has happened .
This club was handed over to SMFC and is operated by St.Mirren F.C.
A management committee is set up to deal with all matters re the running of the club
This is headed up by Alan Wardrop who is now a Director of St.Mirren under the New Management team,
So the club is now in the hands of the person who started the trial and project managed the completion .
A suggestion would be to send your ideas for improvement direct to him
The club itself has only been opened on match day a handful of times and for those who have visited it is impressive
We just need to now treat it as an income generator to help the team and St.Mirren

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:44 AM, santaponsasaint said:

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 11:42 AM, SMFCFansCouncil said:

Supporters Club Update

We just wanted to provide an update at this point in time and answer some points raised on this forum to date..

We have received 100 applications in 2 hours.

We are offering every supporter the same opportunity to join.

We are limited by the official capacity to 300.

The vast majority of the cost is being met by the club.

We would have liked the ability to offer a sign in facility for friends but we have to make sure there are no health and safety issues with regard potential over crowding. We will monitor the occupancy rate and may review this in future.

Our priority is to provide a facility for St.Mirren supporters not away fans .

Hope this helps but you can e mail us at [email protected] for any specific questions you may have.

Let's make a difference !

St.Mirren Fans Council

SMFCFansCouncil at the outset states a capacity of 300 but I recall the capacity was increased which allowed for non members to be signed in

SPS states a capacity of 220 with 200 members signed up and 1877SMFC states over 200 supporters signed up

There must be someone on the forum who knows exactly what the deal with the 1877 Club is.

How many founder members paid the founder member fee? How much was realised from the founders fee?

how many members? how much is realised from monthly subscriptions?

what was the build cost & how much debt is still owed?

what are the payment terms?

to me, the facts/figures at this moment in time do not appear to stack up.

The fans council are a bridge between fans and board there seems to be a lack of communicating with fans. Of course the fans council do a great job but it would be nice to see someone from them on the forum putting things straight. After all this one of the areas that the organisation was set up for it I thought

7 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

SMFCFansCouncil at the outset states a capacity of 300 but I recall the capacity was increased which allowed for non members to be signed in

SPS states a capacity of 220 with 200 members signed up and 1877SMFC states over 200 supporters signed up

There must be someone on the forum who knows exactly what the deal with the 1877 Club is.

How many founder members paid the founder member fee? How much was realised from the founders fee?

how many members? how much is realised from monthly subscriptions?

what was the build cost & how much debt is still owed?

what are the payment terms?

to me, the facts/figures at this moment in time do not appear to stack up.

What you state does seem to not stack up, 300 people signed up and a waiting list we were told. ?

Appreciate this is probably the work of the former board rather than the fans council but what happened to the plans for the special night in the supporters' bar for folk punted out of their seats for the Rangers game?

I was parked at 2pm and sat in the car reading the papers.

I used to enjoy popping into the bar beneath the away stand at Love St pre-match.

Cannot justify the expense for two non drinkers under current format bit would happily pop in and donate a few quid each week under a different setup.

On 8 August 2016 at 9:36 PM, TsuMirren said:

Why not ask the board if the recent dance sessions in the members bar were a charged let then? I'm a founder member and didn't get asked about the use of the space I've contributed towards.

As for holding anyone accountable, even a shareholder with one share has that right.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Black & White Army mobile app

It's paid for, get a life, "nobody asked me" I'm a founder member so what.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

I was parked at 2pm and sat in the car reading the papers.

I used to enjoy popping into the bar beneath the away stand at Love St pre-match.

Cannot justify the expense for two non drinkers under current format bit would happily pop in and donate a few quid each week under a different setup.

Do you know so would I. If the place does a nice cup of coffee I'd be more than happy to sit and have a couple before the match starts. I might even buy my son a couple of soft drinks once he's found his legal parking space at Asda Linwood - as advised by the car park attendant - and done the 28 minute walk to the stadium. :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Do you know so would I. If the place does a nice cup of coffee I'd be more than happy to sit and have a couple before the match starts. I might even buy my son a couple of soft drinks once he's found his legal parking space at Asda Linwood - as advised by the car park attendant - and done the 28 minute walk to the stadium. :rolleyes: 

Get him to run over. He does 10k in under 40 minutes so wouldn't take him long at all