1877 Club

div

28 minutes ago, div said:

So you now freely admit that the club is making some use of the assets it has, having spent years rubbishing the club for doing nothing.

This is progress. Well done, it takes a big guy to admit when they are wrong and have made a fool of themselves in public.

Now onto my ideas on how the club can generate more revenue?

I make my living helping organisations make money from the internet. I'd like to see the club website improved and I'd like to see it embracing e-commerce in a number of areas to make it easier for local organisations and supporters to spend money. At the moment there are barriers in place that make spending money difficult. It should be as easy as possible.

My experience is that fans WANT to spend money with the club, but we make it difficult to do so. It's low hanging fruit but it's a starter for ten. Booking the Dome, Booking Hospitality, Buying Bricks, Booking the Function Suite for a Funeral or Wedding Reception, Booking the 1877 Club for a 21st party. These are all very do-able, and crucially the infrastructure for all of them is already there. We just need to sell it better and make it as easy as possible to buy.

An improved website with some e-commerce functionality. That's my suggestion.

So, no real invesment, increased utilisation of existing assets, more revenue and happier fans who no longer need to fill in forms or travel to the stadium to order stuff.

That's where I'd start anyway because that's where my skills lie.

I don't know anything about running restaurants, coffee bars or car parks so I can't really propose solid business ideas around those, as I'd just be making stuff up. I'll leave that to you.

Spot on about the e sale side of things requiring smartened, simplified, sharpened and made more user friendly It's a bit apples and oranges in comparison terms but as a user and registered fan with NUFC their ease of access via electronic media is first class, that is of course IMO. Ticket sourcing, layout mapping, e procurement, pos and information cascade is great, fast and very professional. Add to that the mail order efficiency of Operation, it's a terrific club set up. I suppose in hindsight it has to be given the demand and level of operation. 

Again though, I suppose it's all about identifying a model, costing and subsequently implementing, subject to budget. As ever, with us as always, cash is king, there is no budget, wiggle room surplus.

I think you should have a wee chat with GS on supplying gratis , some e medium upgrades and lock into  into some % return on sale proceeds ! ? Might just get you a pension :rolleyes:

Just sayin like.........

2 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Spot on about the e sale side of things requiring smartened, simplified, sharpened and made more user friendly It's a bit apples and oranges in comparison terms but as a user and registered fan with NUFC their ease of access via electronic media is first class, that is of course IMO. Ticket sourcing, layout mapping, e procurement, pos and information cascade is great, fast and very professional. Add to that the mail order efficiency of Operation, it's a terrific club set up. I suppose in hindsight it has to be given the demand and level of operation. 

Again though, I suppose it's all about identifying a model, costing and subsequently implementing, subject to budget. As ever, with us as always, cash is king, there is no budget, wiggle room surplus.

I think you should have a wee chat with GS on supplying gratis , some e medium upgrades and lock into  into some % return on sale proceeds ! ? Might just get you a pension :rolleyes:

Just sayin like.........

I'm already working with Gordon & the Club to make improvements but it will be in small steps. It's too big to bite off in one go.

We'll make incremental changes for the better starting with a new responsive design for the website. That will go live in September.

Then we'll add incremental improvements section by section to improve the purchasing process. Rome won't be built in a day but we will get there.

6 minutes ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Sports village should create a number of opportunities for the club. Office space in the corners could well be part of this.

Yip that is a good shout. If only we had someone on the board who knew a bit about building, that would help  B)

I'm already working with Gordon & the Club to make improvements but it will be in small steps. It's too big to bite off in one go.

We'll make incremental changes for the better starting with a new responsive design for the website. That will go live in September.

Then we'll add incremental improvements section by section to improve the purchasing process. Rome won't be built in a day but we will get there.

Don't forget your carpet fitting skills[emoji23]

24 minutes ago, div said:

Yeah you like playing that card. You do it a lot.

That's Hatred & Hostility you've accused me of today!

You are the one putting fellow fans into "sections" and inferring that they are stupid because they don't happen to agree with you but hey, it's me that's in the wrong. My bad!

I reffered to 'sections' of our support (you see.. Our!) as not everyone posts, or reads this forum, and there are others open to ideas to improve the club's overall lot. If you can quote where i have called fellow saints fans 'Stupid' i will happily buy you a pint!

perhaps that would be a better idea than the continual sniping here that bores most other posters. Sorted over a pint?

1 hour ago, div said:

Yip that is a good shout. If only we had someone on the board who knew a bit about building, that would help  B)

There's a chap on this board who seems to know everything about everything - or is that not the board you meant :ph34r:

2 hours ago, div said:

So you now freely admit that the club is making some use of the assets it has, having spent years rubbishing the club for doing nothing.

This is progress. Well done, it takes a big guy to admit when they are wrong and have made a fool of themselves in public.

Now onto my ideas on how the club can generate more revenue?

I make my living helping organisations make money from the internet. I'd like to see the club website improved and I'd like to see it embracing e-commerce in a number of areas to make it easier for local organisations and supporters to spend money. At the moment there are barriers in place that make spending money difficult. It should be as easy as possible.

My experience is that fans WANT to spend money with the club, but we make it difficult to do so. It's low hanging fruit but it's a starter for ten. Booking the Dome, Booking Hospitality, Buying Bricks, Booking the Function Suite for a Funeral or Wedding Reception, Booking the 1877 Club for a 21st party. These are all very do-able, and crucially the infrastructure for all of them is already there. We just need to sell it better and make it as easy as possible to buy.

An improved website with some e-commerce functionality. That's my suggestion.

So, no real invesment, increased utilisation of existing assets, more revenue and happier fans who no longer need to fill in forms or travel to the stadium to order stuff.

That's where I'd start anyway because that's where my skills lie.

I don't know anything about running restaurants, coffee bars or car parks so I can't really propose solid business ideas around those, as I'd just be making stuff up. I'll leave that to you.

Many people have commented that the facilities of the ground are not made enough of regarding weddings,funerals,parties etc., along with e-commerce it would be advisable to do some written media advertising ( a wee advert next to the hatches matches and dispatches in local papers for example) I think the problem has been that with having to employ people to staff those facilities during the week it is a bit of a risk financially, the risk in my opinion is worth taking, but the marketing has to be right. UWS applauded themselves on the set-up and running of the SMiSA event recently, and suggested that they are now going to advertise their facilities for other types of functions. It is a matter of whether the club wants to take a risk or not.

On 8/31/2016 at 7:55 AM, Stu said:

According to this highly reliable list walking is one of the most popular sports out there - just ahead of fishing: https://www.realbuzz.com/articles/top-10-most-popular-sports

Utterly disgraceful the club haven't done anything to take advantage of this. We should also be building a squash court.

There's already a squash court in the west stand on every other Saturday afternoon between 15.45-16.00

I assume the club has some tellys so would opening it to anybody on the night we play Dunfermline away on BBC ALBA be worthwhile ? Fans could watch the game in a saint bar that would show the game instead of a local bar that would be likely to be showing the Sky or BT game.

21 minutes ago, antrin said:

This!

just like ex-pats, such as London Saints, might do.

A warm, snug location, big screens, like-minded Buddies, a schwallie to take the edge of the shite fitba and defeat again...

what's not to like?   :rolleyes:

No for me. The club doesn't sell coffee apparently, and I'd need a shower after sitting in the company of St Mirren fans, and apparently they don't offer that at this facility either.... :rolleyes: 

Actually for that game I'll probably just go to Dunfermline. It's a great place to watch football and a nice drive through. 

On 31/08/2016 at 8:01 PM, div said:

Admirable that you are doing this Div... But Please! Don't make it as hard to familiarise onself with, as this 'improved' website has been!

4 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

No for me. The club doesn't sell coffee apparently, and I'd need a shower after sitting in the company of St Mirren fans, and apparently they don't offer that at this facility either.... :rolleyes: 

Actually for that game I'll probably just go to Dunfermline. It's a great place to watch football and a nice drive through

MacDonald's?

Edited by Vambo57

Actually for that game I'll probably just go to Dunfermline. It's a great place to watch football and a nice drive through. 

What happend to Sunderland, Motherwell, Hamilton. Why don't you join the Dunfermline forum so we can all have a break from you overly long posts.

What happend to Sunderland, Motherwell, Hamilton. Why don't you join the Dunfermline forum so we can all have a break from you overly long posts.

I'll be back at Sunderland very soon. Looking forward to it as it's the first time my girlfriend is coming with me. Looking forward to staying at the new Hilton hotel and enjoying good meal at the Karbon Grill.

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I'll be back at Sunderland very soon. Looking forward to it as it's the first time my girlfriend is coming . Looking forward to staying at the new Hilton hotel and enjoying good meal at the Karbon Grill.

You should entertain her more often.

From the Club today;

Free Guest Fees for Members Guests this Saturday

As a result of feedback that many members will be unable to attend this Saturdays match due to holidays , we plan to create an initiative to encourage more use of the club this weekend.

The biggest incentive is free entry for members guests which as always has to be pre booked to allow us to monitor our numbers.

In addition we will allow non members entry for a reduced fee of £3.

This is very much a try and see initiative with the aim of getting better numbers using the bar prior to 2 televised derbys in Glasgow and Manchester kicking off at 12-00pm and 12-30pm.

Our members are always our biggest priority so please feedback any issues.

The club will open early at 11-45 am because of the early kick offs.

Alan Wardrop
SMFC